HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
View Poll Results: Would you like to see this new forum created?
Yes 97 90.65%
N0 10 9.35%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old Oct 15, 2012, 08:47 AM
Waiting for the paint to dry.
Pasadena Maryland
Joined Oct 2009
1,233 Posts
Good Deal !
ctrout is offline Find More Posts by ctrout
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:06 AM
wood is good
United States, CA, Marina Del Rey
Joined Jun 2012
1,341 Posts
Jim--thanks for setting this up.

Any chance we could get some help with moving our balsa build logs over to our new balsa forum?
loNslo is offline Find More Posts by loNslo
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:10 AM
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Oct 2011
8,593 Posts
Jim-Thank you for all your help.Earl.
epoxyearl is offline Find More Posts by epoxyearl
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Just thinking out loud
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:23 AM
Promoting Model Aviation...
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Nov 2005
24,918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slipstick View Post
You seem to be describing yourself here. Since you keep making repeated postings arguing with and insulting leccyflyer and you then have the cheek to advise "holding your ground and saying nothing" I'd say that makes you a "recreational arguer" par excellence .

And now I've joined in....but that's o.k. I freely admit I sometimes find a little amusement from these goings on, particularly when there are several people who all really cannot stand not having the last word .

BTW leccy,sorry but on the main point you're wrong. Until this new forum suggestion there has never been a single forum dedicated solely to wood builds of anything no matter what type of model. There have been many forums where these builds were and still are appropriate but none where the ONLY criteria for inclusion is "made of wood" and it's considered reasonable to mix up electric indoor models, gas giant scale, 3D models, sailplanes and, since it's under Aircraft General, presumably autogyros, ornithopters, free flight and control line models....just so long as they're wooden .

Steve
Thanks for explaining that once again Steve. And I think that makes at least a half dozen people who have said that now. Perhaps lecy will finally get it.

And you are right, I let lecy get the best of me because sometimes I get tired of people being bullied here on RCG. I had to put up with it for years before that guy finally got banned and everything was great until just recently in this thread.

I apologize to everyone for letting myself for getting caught up in the fray.

Frank
Murocflyer is offline Find More Posts by Murocflyer
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:22 AM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Looks like a title has been picked, but I'll throw out another that I've heard around my club.

"Stick Built". Wouldn't that encompass balsa or wood built stuff?

Bought my first "kit" last week at a swap meet, a free flight model. It will be my first attempt at building something (other than gluing foam together).
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Old Oct 15, 2012, 11:16 AM
The Prez....... again
United States, IA, Rockwell
Joined Jul 2011
4,004 Posts
Thanks to those that made this happen!!

Ken
kenh3497 is offline Find More Posts by kenh3497
Old Oct 19, 2012, 08:15 AM
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Oct 2011
8,593 Posts
To the relative few who could not see the wisdom of starting the "Balsa Builders" forum.....If you're interested in joining us feel free to do so.
The Navigation is not difficult,the information is changing hands rapidly,and I'm sure you all have an interest in balsa models.
The participation is adequate,and as more people discover the forum,it will continue to grow.
If you have a build thread going,feel free to move it into the new one,and help streamline the other ones you thought were too scattered.
At the end of the first week,I'll be interested to see how many total hits have posted.
epoxyearl is offline Find More Posts by epoxyearl
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Just thinking out loud
Old Oct 19, 2012, 08:24 AM
Administrator
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2002
11,395 Posts
This thread is now closed. Thanks for participating!
Jim T. Graham is online now Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
Closed Thread