HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 26, 2002, 08:02 PM
pelzer sc
Joined Nov 2001
193 Posts
grumbler battery and flying

I posted in the parkflyer discussion about my grumbler and how hard it is to get the battery out but have not got any post on how to help me get the battery out to recharge it any better but I think I may have fixed it myself today. the grumbler flys great but when I cut the power for landing it will nose over a lot and I think that I have c.g. to far forward and this is the cause of my battery problem. so for you that have the grumbler let me what you think or anyone would be of help thanks ramduster.
ramduster is offline Find More Posts by ramduster
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 26, 2002, 08:32 PM
Fayetteville, GA
Joined Oct 2000
3,663 Posts
If your CG is correct. The Grumbler should fly level when power is on or off. Check to see if you have any washout in the wing tips.

I have a Grumbler and think the battery access is a bit of a pain also.
Jeff Meyers is offline Find More Posts by Jeff Meyers
Old Nov 27, 2002, 08:39 AM
pelzer sc
Joined Nov 2001
193 Posts
Thanks Jeff I will check for wash out but I think the c.g. was off and I am going to fly today and will let you know also how much flaps do you have it set up for and do you use aileron and rudder mix in your set up. If so how much.
Old Nov 27, 2002, 10:34 AM
Boise, ID 83703
Joined May 2001
266 Posts
Flaps

I has a Virus 400A... similar plane. I used 25% setting for flaps.
Better to err on the side of to little. Try 15 then 20 then 25 if all seems well. When you flip on the flaps, make sure you have lots of altitude to save your hide in case there are dramatic effects. Be ready to flip them back off again.

Flaps are awesome when they are set right and working!
Tim Seidenstricker is offline Find More Posts by Tim Seidenstricker
Old Nov 27, 2002, 12:35 PM
pelzer sc
Joined Nov 2001
193 Posts
Thanks Tim I think the flaps are set wrong had a very hard crash today and will have alot repair work to do my wife said I crash more than I fly. It is very hard to control with flaps on down low. I moved the c.g. and it did not nose over as bad when I cut the power but still did some so I will work on it more when I get about a gallon of glue and the repairs done .
Old Nov 30, 2002, 08:42 PM
pelzer sc
Joined Nov 2001
193 Posts
Well after much repair the grumbler flys once more. I got two good flights on it before the wind kicked up around here the last to days so I hope sunday will be better for flying. I did not use the flaps thought I think they were the cause of the crash not that they do not work they do but I am not use to using flaps and I need to get the set up right. So all in all I think the grumbler is a great plane and fun to fly.