HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 04, 2014, 11:36 AM
Canada, ON, Burlington
Joined Jan 2009
2,464 Posts
Discussion
Telemetry style lipo monitor for $25! Quantum Pocket vibration voltage alarm

Just received the "Quanum Pocket Vibration Telemetry Voltage Meter With Alarm" from Hobbyking. It has a tiny transmitter that connects to the standard style balance leads on lipo batteries (up to 8S). It binds with a pager sized receiver that you can set to work between 3.7 to 3.3 volts per cell. When the selected voltage is reached, the pager begins to vibrate alerting you to the low voltage. It worked well on my RC car when testing, but HK claims it has a signal distance of 300-400m.

I have been using a lipo battery monitor hooked to the balance leads that beeps and I've found it is loud enough to accomplish the same thing for about $5. Other pilots who are harder of hearing, or have louder EDF's will probably like this new system better.

Will post more once I fly it in a plane.

Posted pics of pager style and buzzer style for reference.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=40033
4stripes is online now Find More Posts by 4stripes
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by 4stripes; Apr 06, 2014 at 08:16 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 04, 2014, 12:01 PM
Pursuit of Happiness
Brentwood, California
Joined Jul 2007
7,139 Posts
I ordered one last week to mess with...
should be great for park flyer stuff, maybe even bigger

I also picked up the quanum 2.4 telemetry system with the 3.0 firmware
whats cool is I can set three different alarms
one for total pack voltage
second one if a cell drops below my preset say 3.5
third for it's really low now and time to land maybe 3.4 underload

I have to mess with the under load voltages and see how the will compare to my timers....each plane will be a little different but it just take a second to set it

pretty nice for $45 bucks
Ron101 is online now Find More Posts by Ron101
Old Apr 06, 2014, 07:46 PM
Banzai Institute
United States, NY, West Seneca
Joined Oct 2005
480 Posts
I wonder whats up with this at KobbyKing. The link for the whole unit has been gone for a while now.

Dean
buckaroo is online now Find More Posts by buckaroo
Old Apr 06, 2014, 08:15 PM
Canada, ON, Burlington
Joined Jan 2009
2,464 Posts
Does this one work?
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=40033
4stripes is online now Find More Posts by 4stripes
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Some photos of the EDF fleet!
Old Apr 06, 2014, 08:45 PM
Joined Oct 2009
891 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron101 View Post
I ordered one last week to mess with...
should be great for park flyer stuff, maybe even bigger

I also picked up the quanum 2.4 telemetry system with the 3.0 firmware
whats cool is I can set three different alarms
one for total pack voltage
second one if a cell drops below my preset say 3.5
third for it's really low now and time to land maybe 3.4 underload

I have to mess with the under load voltages and see how the will compare to my timers....each plane will be a little different but it just take a second to set it

pretty nice for $45 bucks
I think I will go with this one. Being able to actually see individual cell voltages in real time is a big plus. On my pylon planes that draw a lot of amps the battery voltage drop to 3.4-3.5/cell almost instantly under load in static testing.
nighthawk0077 is online now Find More Posts by nighthawk0077
Old Apr 06, 2014, 09:25 PM
Banzai Institute
United States, NY, West Seneca
Joined Oct 2005
480 Posts
I was referring to the quanum 2.4 telemetry system with the 3.0 firmware like in the picture that RON 101 posted

Dean

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4stripes View Post
buckaroo is online now Find More Posts by buckaroo
Old Apr 06, 2014, 10:54 PM
Pursuit of Happiness
Brentwood, California
Joined Jul 2007
7,139 Posts
I had seen it was gone and wanted one for sometime.... two Saturdays ago it just showed up again in stock. I placed the order right away and it was gone the next day.

Well my bud wanted one after he checked out mine so we did the live chat and asked about it. The online tech for hobby king gave him a link for it in stock at the Australian
warehouse and he ordered it right away.... no matter how we searched we could not make it come up. So I'm not sure what the deal it

you may want to ask and see what they come up with on the live chat at hobby king
sure seems like a nice little system I was not able to fly this weekend so I haven't tested it in flight, but have friends that have used it for years with no issues
Ron101 is online now Find More Posts by Ron101