HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 31, 2012, 08:14 AM
United Kingdom, England, Lancs
Joined Jul 2012
113 Posts
Discussion
Cheapest decent laser cutting in the UK?

Hi All
could anyone please advise on a reasonably priced balsa laser cutting service, ideally in the UK?

After the Contestor I fancy making the following, Veronite No. 5, Veronite No. 4, Jack Leadbetter "Kestral", MAS(B) Hawk Mk II and a Bowden Baby duration, in that order but would rather not spend so long making parts like ribs before I start.

I've no expriance with bespoke laser cutters so don't know the good from the bad, theres plenty advertised in the interweb but I would prefare to know who you chaps use. I dare say the Bowden Baby is famous enough that some one may do a short kit but I've not seen one yet.

Incidentally I've lost or was deluding myself that I had the plan for the Veronite No. 5 so have dropped Colin Smith a line to get a new one as well as a No. 1 and a Veron Skylark to make with the eldest son.

All the best

Tom
Froglube is offline Find More Posts by Froglube
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 31, 2012, 08:59 AM
United Kingdom, England, Richmond
Joined Apr 2011
62 Posts
I can't comment on prices but a friend of mine has used SLEC and been happy. As people in the model trade they do of course understand things like grain direction etc which other laser cutters may not.
ukengineman is offline Find More Posts by ukengineman
Old Jan 02, 2013, 01:24 AM
Shrewsbury, Shropshire.
Joined Mar 2008
832 Posts
I agree with UK Engineman, SLEC are excellent. I use them to cut Barn Door Wing Senior Telemaster ribsets and the quality has always been first class.

Belair Models also have a good reputation.
Monza Red is offline Find More Posts by Monza Red