HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 19, 2012, 08:00 PM
Whirly Bird Fanatic
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined May 2010
598 Posts
Discussion
RC "Drone" shot down....what do you think?

http://m.nbcphiladelphia.com/nbcphil...tguid=t6FUGwuc
TossinHoss is offline Find More Posts by TossinHoss
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 20, 2012, 01:04 AM
Joined Aug 2009
998 Posts
I think they were trespassing, and they seem like the kind of people that would yell foul if you breathed near them.

While I don't have any issue with hunting, the pigeon shooting looks kinda dumb and cruel, but the protesters act even worse.

They're using our hobby to spy on people? This is exactly the sort of thing that attracts the attention of Federal regulators.
Nergall is online now Find More Posts by Nergall
Old Nov 20, 2012, 02:14 AM
United States, GA, Jonesboro
Joined Nov 2010
1,624 Posts
It sounds like some dumb redneck decided to be cute & show off in front of his friends. If he had a problem with the quad-copter, why didnt he just go talk to the guy about it, civily. that reminds me of the US spy drone that, "i believe it was Libya", somehow took down, or took control of, and kept. US asked for it back, & they've decided to keep it.
gchrisgo34 is offline Find More Posts by gchrisgo34
Old Nov 20, 2012, 08:00 AM
Lawrenceville, GA
Joined Mar 2008
3,434 Posts
I think their video were funny! esp the dumb@@ one! lol
bigmoebbq is offline Find More Posts by bigmoebbq
Old Nov 20, 2012, 10:04 AM
Whirly Bird Fanatic
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined May 2010
598 Posts
Personally, I don't think dove hunting is a big deal. People do eat them. Now how smart was it to fly something over an area where people are shooting at things that fly.....???!!! Also I am sure the "activists" might have engaged in some harassment as that tends to be the norm.
TossinHoss is offline Find More Posts by TossinHoss
Old Nov 20, 2012, 10:33 AM
Dr John
Lake Placid, Florida
Joined Dec 2001
2,712 Posts
Rednecks = +1
Tree huggers = -1 drone
All is as it should be.

John
pmpjohn is offline Find More Posts by pmpjohn
Old Nov 20, 2012, 01:49 PM
Joined Aug 2009
998 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gchrisgo34 View Post
It sounds like some dumb redneck decided to be cute & show off in front of his friends. If he had a problem with the quad-copter, why didnt he just go talk to the guy about it, civily. that reminds me of the US spy drone that, "i believe it was Libya", somehow took down, or took control of, and kept. US asked for it back, & they've decided to keep it.
If you check out any of their videos, you'll see that even the police talking to them doesn't entirely work. That group is anything but civil.
Nergall is online now Find More Posts by Nergall