HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 26, 2014, 09:52 PM
Manufacturer
Joined Sep 2012
259 Posts
GŁnter, can you try to disconnect your servos from the unit and try again. We had one instance where the voltage used on an airplane was a little over-spec for the servos. The result was noise which caused this type of issue.
IceManPro is offline Find More Posts by IceManPro
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 27, 2014, 12:43 PM
Joined Aug 2013
12 Posts
Hi IceMan Pro,

After plenty of tries finaly I was able to launch the new firmware release.
Nevertheless it seams to me, that there is a problem with the driver for StM device perhaps.
Plugging in the usb with the gyro connected ,( windows confirms with one ping)and then looking to the windows device manager, I can not find the device, but it is working.(I can send changes to the gyro and getting replies)
But, if I try to update the gyro , then after pressing the launch button, a new window comes up with the message, gyro disconnected after 1 second. Windows gives one ping for usb disconnected. But looking now to the windows device manager , I will find the message, Stm device in DFU Mode.
If I start now your software bl3gprogrammer.exe then in this window I can see
the message Gyro connected in blue and then I could choose the new firmware and update the gyro.

Sorry for my pure English.

Best regards
GŁnter

That was the way, why I could finaly transfer the firmware to the gyro.
P.s. By the way, I tested two different PC's, but both with Win7.
philigu001 is offline Find More Posts by philigu001
Old Mar 27, 2014, 11:22 PM
Manufacturer
Joined Sep 2012
259 Posts
Hi GŁnter, we're aware of an update to the DFU driver (we've added this to our downloads page here). We'll do some testing with this.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 10:59 AM
Joined Aug 2013
12 Posts
Hi IceManPro, unfortunatly the drivers, offered on your homepage now ,did not solve the problem.
There is still following problem, that when I press the button "launch update" then the status of the device will change from STM32 HID to STM device in DFU mode.
Unfortunatly ,in this moment the update tool (BLGprogrammer.exe ) shows then "Gyro disconnected". Starting again only the BLGprogrammer.exe the next window shows now "Gyro connected" and you can add all the other things.

Perhaps ,I am the only one having this issue, but as I mentioned already, I was able to implement the new firmware.
Thank you for your support.

By the way, I tested already four different types of gyros, always using the same model plane ((Sebart Angel 50) . From my point of you , you have programmed a real good mathematical algorithm, which works smoothly,but with a high stability.(Good optimized PD controller). Due to this, I do not realy miss the Heading Hold mode.
To be ownest, sometimes you have to trim the plane at the field. I think, the possibility to trim the plane without a laptop in order to rearrange the gyro would be a real help.

GŁnter
Old Mar 29, 2014, 08:31 AM
United States, NH, Stark
Joined Sep 2011
36 Posts
Firmware Version 3.3 is 56 bytes larger than Version 3.2.

After upgrading the firmware in a new BL3G with Version 2.4 in it, it now shows Version 3.2.

The 3.3 firmware may be newer, but it still shows 3.2???

Ted
Ted M is offline Find More Posts by Ted M
Old Mar 29, 2014, 11:36 AM
Joined Aug 2013
12 Posts
Hi, after upgrading my gyro , I did recognise the same like you ,version 3.2
But the bug, described in post #511 and #521 is disappeared.
GŁnter
Old Mar 30, 2014, 08:49 PM
Manufacturer
Joined Sep 2012
259 Posts
Thanks for noticing that v3.3 still had the lable v3.2 showing. Updated now.
Old Apr 06, 2014, 09:41 PM
United States, NC, Smithfield
Joined Jul 2012
121 Posts
TX matching in the software seems pretty clunky at best, is there a reason why PWM max/min periods and range aren't set automatically when "teaching" the gyro the tx ranges? Its a minor annoyance but adds seemingly unnecessary steps to setup.
Brush Hog is offline Find More Posts by Brush Hog
Old Apr 06, 2014, 11:35 PM
Manufacturer
Joined Sep 2012
259 Posts
Yes there is a reason. To get best the performance out of the gyro means to operate it as fast as possible. The aircraft servos may be able to operate faster than the RC Tx used for the normal control signals. eg fast digital servos. (This is especially true for multi-copters where the gyro needs to operate very fast, and much faster than a typical RC Tx outputs). Hence the option is there to set the gyro PWM max/min/period manually. Having said that normally it's only necessary to adjust the PWM period to get the fast performance.
Old Apr 07, 2014, 03:42 AM
Manufacturer
Joined Sep 2012
259 Posts
BL-3GRC Heading Hold fixed

Heading hold has been fixed on the BL-3GRC V3.4

The RC Tx can be used in the normal way for trimming the aircraft. (Also via the sub trim from the
basic tab page). However when using Heading Hold, please make sure, when activating the tools tab
test, that you see very little movement with the green bars when the rudder stick is in the central
position. If you've trimmed everything up nicely you can remove and residual green bar by following
the procedure in the advanced user manual (v3.1) page 37. ie after all trim is nice, you need to:
1) Go to the Adv1 tab page and press the orange Auto button
2) Go to the Basic tab page and send parameters to the Gyro
3) Go to the tools tab page press TEST and move your RC Tx rudder trim until you remove the green
bar.
You should then be ready to go.

Note that HH will activate when you flick the switch that you assigned to it (on the Adv2 page, and
with the gain as set up in the box for this function, typically 0.001), and while your rudder stick is centralized. When the rudder stick is NO LONGER centralized the HH will be auto deactivated. If you wish it to be active again you need to flick off, then on again your RC TX sw assigned to this function (again while your rudder stick is centralized).

Please let me know if you need a different way to switch this function.

(Note that the HH function is also available for the pitch and roll axes too)

Package available from here:
http://www.bluelight-tech.com/Downlo...PackageV34.zip