HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Midnite_rider, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 12:45 PM
Additcted to high wings
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Oct 2011
179 Posts
Discussion
Thunder Tiger trainer

As promised, I got some work done this weekend. I got the trainer 97% finished. I decided that I wanted to start the engine since I had not even seen it run. I bought the engine used from Craigslist (as I do most everything I own) and I wanted to make sure it was going to run. The guy I got it from said that it had only made one flight and crashed on approach to landing. I had a lot of trouble starting it, it had a huge amount of compression. I spun the prop off once, put it back on and then the starter slipped off and hit the cheek of the plane and broke it. I epoxied it back and tried to start it again. i finally got it started and let it run very rich for a while on the ground.

I also changed the plastic hinges over to CA hinges. I was not confident that I had the plastic ones epoxied in very good. I am glad I made this change, the plastic hinges popped out with little effort. Plus I had left large gaps in the control surfaces with the plastic hinges. CA hinges are the stuff. Much easier to install and they seem to be safer.

I also got the wing servo installed and now it just needs a little tweaking and it will be ready to fly.

This is a very pretty plane, I hope it stays that way. But it is a trainer.
Midnite_rider is offline Find More Posts by Midnite_rider
to remove ads between posts