SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 30, 2015, 05:41 AM
Find More Posts by liammedwards
Joined Mar 2013
147 Posts
Discussion
Scratchbuilt Flying Wing

Hey guys just thought i would share with you all my scratch built Flying wing. i had Zagi a year or so back and sadly lost it so i finally got round to start building myself a new wing.

Pictures below show my current progress, i have cut the wing from foam polystyrene brought from wickes its not the strongest but i have added some carbon fibre strips to strengthen this up.

i have cut ailerons out of balsa wood and covered with glass weave tape to strengthen also.

i have now started to cut out the holes for my servos, battery and radio gear.
once finished i will be covering with Glass Weave tape and a nice bright orange scheme. more pics to follow.

liammedwards is offline Find More Posts by liammedwards
to remove ads between posts
Old May 01, 2015, 02:52 AM
Find More Posts by Stupot46
I don't like your altitude
Joined Sep 2011
3,564 Posts
Nice! I'd looked at that foam in the past,as you say not the best.I guess the tape etc will fix that.Wickes sometimes stock pink XPS which is a lot denser.Whats your airfoil?
Stupot46 is offline Find More Posts by Stupot46
Old May 01, 2015, 03:06 PM
Find More Posts by jgalera
Brazil, SP, Guarujį
Joined Oct 2014
2 Posts
Nice! Keep posting!
jgalera is online now Find More Posts by jgalera