Old Jan 18, 2015, 09:12 AM
Find More Posts by fauconnier
Flying a Falcon or a RC Heli.
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
837 Posts
Discussion
Blade 550X

The discontinued 550X can be obtained at a bargain price now.

Does the 550X share some parts size with Align ?

Like main shaft diameter, tail boom diameter, gears size, balls, blades thickness.... ?

If the parts become unavailable, will it be possible to replace the whole swashplate , head, tail set, gears , etc, with Align ?
fauconnier is offline Find More Posts by fauconnier
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 18, 2015, 09:44 AM
Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
13,288 Posts
the parts are not directly interchangeable. Things like blades and ball links of course are standard, so any 550mm blade would fit and you could find suitable ball links, but the actual mechanics of the heli aren't common to any other brand.

Having said that you perhaps could fit an Align head and swash because both helis use a 10mm main shaft, but you would probably have to do a bit of 'modding'. I actually did the mod the other way and fitted a 550X head on my Trex. To do this i had to drill a new hole in the shaft, so chances are you would have to do the same if going the other way.

550X head on Trex 600 pro:
JetPlaneFlyer is online now Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer