HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 09, 2013, 03:53 PM
United States, WI, Shawano
Joined Sep 2012
83 Posts
Discussion
Looking for cheap scaler

Hi, I was wondering if anyone had an idea of a good reasonably priced rc scaler. I was looking for something under $200 (roller or kit) that has replacement/hop-up parts and is pretty good quality (will not srip out transmission on first run).
Thanks, Cole.
candw is offline Find More Posts by candw
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 13, 2013, 03:33 AM
oh that guy
Joined Sep 2012
135 Posts
For the price you are looking for you will most likely have to get a used scx10 with no mods. Scalers can get pricey quick. the lowest quality priced scaler I can think of is the Axial Scx10 Dingo. They start at about 250. Almost anything cheaper will likely be junk.
Now if you are not in a hurry an alternative is to check out stores like tsc crawlers, rcp crawlers, rpp crawlers, mayhem engineering, rc4wd, and a few others. and build your own from the ground up a little at a time as money allows. also for more information check out rccrawler
slim_chance is offline Find More Posts by slim_chance
Old Aug 15, 2013, 12:43 PM
United States, WI, Shawano
Joined Sep 2012
83 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slim_chance View Post
For the price you are looking for you will most likely have to get a used scx10 with no mods. Scalers can get pricey quick. the lowest quality priced scaler I can think of is the Axial Scx10 Dingo. They start at about 250. Almost anything cheaper will likely be junk.
Now if you are not in a hurry an alternative is to check out stores like tsc crawlers, rcp crawlers, rpp crawlers, mayhem engineering, rc4wd, and a few others. and build your own from the ground up a little at a time as money allows. also for more information check out rccrawler
Thanks, I'll be sure to check those out.
candw is offline Find More Posts by candw
Old Aug 23, 2013, 12:25 PM
Youtube skycop216
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Jun 2000
315 Posts
Tamiya CC01

Agree with above SCX10 platform rocks (I have one and my buddy has one) but another option would be the Tamiya CC01 Kit I.E. Wrangler, Unimog, Amigo, etc. Old tech but for scale works pretty good and a lot of hop ups available though when it's all said and done after hop ups (some needed most not) in my opinion you will spend as much as an SCX10. CC01 can be bought for a good deal at Tower with coupon codes and most come with motor and ESC. I am in the middle of a CC01 Wrangler build myself.

Hope this helps,
David
www.SkyCopRc.com
jafo216 is offline Find More Posts by jafo216
Old Aug 23, 2013, 08:45 PM
oh that guy
Joined Sep 2012
135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jafo216 View Post
Agree with above SCX10 platform rocks (I have one and my buddy has one) but another option would be the Tamiya CC01 Kit I.E. Wrangler, Unimog, Amigo, etc. Old tech but for scale works pretty good and a lot of hop ups available though when it's all said and done after hop ups (some needed most not) in my opinion you will spend as much as an SCX10. CC01 can be bought for a good deal at Tower with coupon codes and most come with motor and ESC. I am in the middle of a CC01 Wrangler build myself.

Hope this helps,
David
www.SkyCopRc.com
I really like the cc01 for class 1 scaler. They are good rigs. But performance wise I think the scx10 beats it with front live axle vs independent front. I'm currently bringing a cc01 back from the dead myself for a class 1 trail rig
slim_chance is offline Find More Posts by slim_chance