Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 25, 2014, 02:49 AM
Germany, HE, Griesheim
Joined May 2008
168 Posts
Please read the thread its all there. I will not repost information detailed by others. If you have problems understanding I will help if I can.

... Simon
Simon Castle is offline Find More Posts by Simon Castle
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 25, 2014, 04:19 AM
The Dreamer
Sydney, Australia
Joined Dec 2010
892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Castle View Post
Please read the thread its all there. I will not repost information detailed by others. If you have problems understanding I will help if I can.

... Simon
Hi Simon, This might be a dumb question. Do you mean read this thread again??

Is it possible to ask for the thread or link to find your code for reading PPM ( servo signal) and setting an interrupt.

Hope this Q is OK with you. I just need the link please.
Lindsay
Pisces is offline Find More Posts by Pisces
Old Jul 25, 2014, 04:56 AM
Germany, HE, Griesheim
Joined May 2008
168 Posts
Hi Lindey, Please see #538 Its only 2 pages back from your original query and should do exactly what you want, shame you missed it. This is not my code, if you need what I did for the zero offset then I would post it if need be.

If you have questions specific to It then feel free to ask, but copying forward the information bloats the thread and makes if even MORE difficult for newcomers to find what they need. I'm sorry its a general problem with forums, condensing the info into one concise place, especially if you cant moderate it.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 05:34 AM
The Dreamer
Sydney, Australia
Joined Dec 2010
892 Posts
Thanks Simon. Yep I missed it. Ill give the code a go by connecting a servo tester to the PIN D3 and see how it works.

I noted on his build he connected VIN 5V. From my reading of the NANO data sheet this is the DC 7V - 20V input to the onboard 5V regulator. ??

Many thanks
Lindsay
Old Jul 25, 2014, 06:15 AM
Germany, HE, Griesheim
Joined May 2008
168 Posts
Traditionally you need a bit of head voltage above the regulated output of a linear device hence the 7V or so, but modern devices can pass the 5V through without much loss. 20V may be a bit high depending on total current, 12V is often quoted as a max too.
Strictly speaking the 5V from the BEC/RX should go to the 5V side of the reg and not the raw side as you noted. If you want to start playing with 3.3V devices you 'can' power the arduino at 3.3 on the 5V pin, but that's another discussion which has been raised here a bit.
Last edited by Simon Castle; Jul 25, 2014 at 06:41 AM.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 07:59 AM
Self confessed Aeroholic
Australia, QLD, Elimbah
Joined Jan 2005
1,447 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Castle View Post
Larrikin that's a real sledgehammer of a solution, save it for some LEDs or something else.
Thanks Simon

A sledgehammer solution it may be.

But, you see, I already have other hobbies and I don't want another one.
I don't know code, I don't want to know code, I just want the vario

Trolling through a thread as big as this, looking for "rising beeps only" code or "On/Off" code or "Coffee's Ready" code and trying to piece it all together when you don't have a clue about what you're doing is really hard. Then people introduce Frsky telemetries Oscillating Decreminators in series with Dual Thrunge Vectromats and the fog sets in. For some of us, ++C is a blood type.

$10 at HK is easy. 10lb, sledgehammer easy.

I'm genuinely pleased for you that you know how to do this stuff ... seriously.

Not everybody does ... just sayin'

D.
Larrikin is offline Find More Posts by Larrikin
Old Jul 25, 2014, 09:02 AM
Germany, HE, Griesheim
Joined May 2008
168 Posts
Hi Larrikin
I totally understand where you are coming from
When you are stating from scratch anyone on this thread that gets something working has done a good job, its not easy.
Nice that you take the initiative and come up with a simple solution that (actually it should work if you just switch the signal) works for you and as you say <$10 for a one off wont break the bank.

I'm just a big cheapskate who hates spending money on something that's in principle free.
(Its so bad I make my own switches like above from old servos, we all have a dead hxt900 or so kicking around)

.... Simon
Old Jul 25, 2014, 06:04 PM
The Dreamer
Sydney, Australia
Joined Dec 2010
892 Posts
Bingo Simon. Thats a cool idea. Use the small PCB from a dead servo ( mechanical gears, twitchy etc ) and then use the PCB as a switch. The PCB switches 5V out on the servo motor wires.

Larrikin, when I finish testing the KK vario code with the RC control ON/OFF function and Ill include the option for positive pulsed climb tone only and Ill post it here.

You're idea is fine and I considered that to control the ON/OFF for the vario.

Lindsay
Old Aug 20, 2014, 08:36 AM
Joined Aug 2014
1 Posts
Hi everybody!
First off i'd like to thank everyone for helping develop this diy vario, and especially Rolf who started it all!

I already have the equipment from a previous project, already put it together and working perfectly, but i have a question concerning some code modification.

Im planning to use the vario for paragliding, but i really dont need beeping sound when vertical speed is between +0.4m/s and -1.5m/s.

Already tried playing with some values (toneFreq and ddsAsc) but i dont seem to get it right.

Is there some easy way of doing this?

Thanks in advance for your time!
parasab is online now Find More Posts by parasab
Old Aug 20, 2014, 04:17 PM
The Dreamer
Sydney, Australia
Joined Dec 2010
892 Posts
I would be interested in this feature as well. I note that even with the plane on the ground the vario has intermittent climb/sink tones. I guess this is due to wind pressure fluctuations when the vario is stationary.

The idea is for a dead band in the vario when the delta pressure gradient is less than a pre-determined value would be useful. That is, the pressure gradient has to exceed a certain value before the vario will output audio.

This would be a useful feature in the code for me...