Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 11, 2012, 06:08 PM
My Corter Is Borken
United States, OH, Newark
Joined Jun 2012
333 Posts
I guess I should ask if you guys think they'll come up with one of their own design, or they'll stick with the clone?
MC808 is offline Find More Posts by MC808
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 11, 2012, 06:43 PM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
United States, OH, Cleveland
Joined Oct 2011
894 Posts
I have an etra v911 board I was thinking of putting it into my sp329 for more servo travel but I think the motors would blow out the board. does any one have a thought on that.
tonytester is offline Find More Posts by tonytester
Old Sep 11, 2012, 06:45 PM
Joined Aug 2012
8 Posts
boom and tail motor

This forum is a bit different and I didn't realize I should have been posting here as opposed to making a thread for my problems.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...3#post22585325

I replaced the boom and the tail motor as well as the landing gear. Had everything re-soldered but the wires for the tail motor were on the outside of the mount for the tail motor. I wound up breaking the wires trying to get the motor in the housing with the motor later that night but they were already damaged from the first attempt to install.

I have the thing apart again and have more parts ordered for the re-fix. Do you guys not put the wires inside like it does come from the factory? Should I just run the wires on the outside and cover them with electrical tape to protect them? The replacement might not the the exact same either?

Also want to share how I took the boom, or what was left of it out of the main body. I used a 5/64 drill bit and drilled two holes from the sides, then from there it was cake to pull the old parts out. Even used the drill bit to drill out from the back where the boom enters the body to clean that all up.
john631 is offline Find More Posts by john631
Old Sep 11, 2012, 06:48 PM
Flying mostly micro's
United States, WV, Vienna
Joined Mar 2007
606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC808 View Post
So which new FP and/or CP heli should WL Toys clone next?
the new nano cpx!
BlueHavoc is offline Find More Posts by BlueHavoc
Old Sep 11, 2012, 06:57 PM
Crash and learn
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytester View Post
I have an etra v911 board I was thinking of putting it into my sp329 for more servo travel but I think the motors would blow out the board. does any one have a thought on that.
If you mean SP328, then that is too much load. 328mm rotor diameter compared to V911 190mm rotor diameter. Doesn't the rotor load increase with the square of the diameter. Maybe fourth power since area is squared and the blade speed increases at the ends, squaring again.

My SP328 is a nice size and rather tame compared to the V911.
Ribble is offline Find More Posts by Ribble
Last edited by Ribble; Sep 11, 2012 at 07:03 PM.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 07:05 PM
Bvc
United States, TX, Houston
Joined May 2012
330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboHeli View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bvc View Post
if that were true stiffening the stock fb with braided thread and CA or using the xtreme cf fb would not prevent strikes.
I haven't tried either. Doesn't the xtreme cf fb reduce strikes? I thought MassiveOverkill said that it did in his blog (or was it Erdnuckle2?)
Absolutely. I have never had a strike with the xtreme cf fb.
Bvc is offline Find More Posts by Bvc
Old Sep 11, 2012, 07:15 PM
Bvc
Joined May 2012
330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribble View Post
I am saying that you fly the helicopter into the flybar.
You do, I don't. I have stiff fb's. Look, you said
Quote:
The flybar doesn't tilt into the helicopter.
which is not a correct premise from the question you were asked, which was 'is the Helios fb stiffer'. From that premise, you could not say "The flybar doesn't bend into the helicopter." because everyone knows the flybar bends into the heli and if you make it stiffer or shorter it does not. I understand you are explaining how it flies, but you were asked if it was stiffer, not how it flies. That's all.

Quote:
Then to avoid flybar strikes, you stiffen the flybar. This stops the helicopter from tilting into the flybar more than is stops the flybar from tilting into the helicopter.

My very first Yellow V911 flight had about 30 flybar strikes and punched a hole in the canopy. The next flight only had a few strikes. Now I get only the occasional Yellow V911 flybar strike. I did not change the Yellow V911, I changed the way I fly it.

Change the flybar and you change the way the helicopter flies.

Change the way you fly the helicopter and there is no need to change the flybar. Flybar strikes are telling you that you are over-controlling the helicopter.
Like RoboHeli said, some of us want to do more, which is impossible with a floppy fb. If you don't, that's great, have fun the way you want to have fun. That's what it's all about!
Last edited by Bvc; Sep 11, 2012 at 07:37 PM.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 07:26 PM
Bvc
Joined May 2012
330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicksterRC View Post
I agree whole heartedly.

At any point in time, the flybar weights want to stay in the plane they are rotating in. The link arms cause negative feedback on the control surfaces.

With the wet noodle, the flybar bends and has less negative influence, allowing you to force the canopy into the flybar.

If you stiffen the flybar, you increase the negative feedback and you can't force the canopy into the flybar.
While you may be saying, "hey I can use more control stick with the stiffer flybar and not have a canopy strike", I contend that it is because the stiffer flybar decreases the control authority that you can apply.

The wet noodle will teach you to be a smoother, better pilot.

You won't be doing things that require high negative feedback - i.e. won't be relying on the stabilizing flybar to save you from yourself.

As you get better, remove the weights...
Sounds good, but not reality. If it were, I wouldn't be doing circles around others with a wet noodle The wet noodle gives negative feedback for me. Is that glass half empty or half full? It's smoother, which I really prefer, but it's smoother because it's slower because it's flexible. Good for beginners, though, and good for anyone that prefers that style of flying.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 07:30 PM
Crash and learn
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by john631 View Post
I replaced the boom and the tail motor
When a tail motor dies, I cut the wires at the tail motor, replace the tail motor, scrape the enamel off the wires. and solder.

When a tail boom breaks, I wrap it with paper towel and superglue the whole mess.

If you put the tail motor wires on the outside of the tail boom, nail polish is good to hold it and protect the wires.

A product called Un-Cure is a debonder that turns the cyanoacrylate (CA) glue into a gel, but you have to keep poking the glued part, wiping, adding more Un-Cure.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=8458
Old Sep 11, 2012, 07:45 PM
Don't Drink & Fly
United States, OH
Joined Jun 2012
340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicksterRC View Post
Or through a double pane french door...
That's what mine hit. Didn't break it, but made a real loud scary sound.
Could have been expensive enough that my wife would have cut off the copter purchases forever

I pried all my weights out and glued them in.
Might not be all she would cut off

Quote:
if that were true stiffening the stock fb with braided thread and CA or using the xtreme cf fb would not prevent strikes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboHeli View Post
I haven't tried either. Doesn't the xtreme cf fb reduce strikes? I thought MassiveOverkill said that it did in his blog (or was it Erdnuckle2?)
Using the braided fishing line and CA glue on mine eliminated the strikes 100%. I can get nuts with the heli all I want and have not had a flybar strike since. Thinking I might do another CA glue coat though to be sure. It still has a little flex, but that is ok cause it wont snap on a crash, but not enough flex to have strikes at all. I am doing my other bnf I got as well before I fly it very much.

The Extreme CF FB need a small piece of CF or similar glues onto the top above the attachment point though cause people have said that is where they break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMo View Post
How about a Genius CP or Mini CP clone BNF for $50-$60?
+1 on the Walkera Genuis CP clone! (or Exceed X100, same thing) with the 3 axis and 6 axis gyro. If they cloned that feature as well, I would buy one right this second, no hesitation (after all I been debating buying one of those)!
TapouT21 is offline Find More Posts by TapouT21
Old Sep 11, 2012, 07:45 PM
Crash and learn
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
some of us want to do more, which is impossible with a floppy fb
If you really want to have fun, make a flybar from string tied to the center core of a broken flybar, with weights tied to the ends of the string. Then fly it without flybar strikes. The ultimate floppy flybar wet noodle.

Just thinking....

One length of fishing line wrapped around what remains of a broken flybar.. A way to attach the end of the fishing line to the main blades so that it goes free when RPM increases. A way to untangle the mess after crashing into bushes.

The angle would decrease from 45 degrees so flybar influence will be further behind the swashplate.
Last edited by Ribble; Sep 11, 2012 at 08:21 PM.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 08:23 PM
We NEED a LiPo w a USB plug!!!
Orland Park, Illinois
Joined Feb 2010
425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shafter View Post
You guys really need more patience, with orders from China

Usually they arrive after really long wait, It's just way it goes

And when it's "hot time" in China, they are even more delayed
This.

Also, your patience hasn't been tested until you place an order at the beginning of the Chinese New Year!
IceRail is offline Find More Posts by IceRail
Old Sep 11, 2012, 08:40 PM
USA, SC, Charleston
Joined Oct 2002
415 Posts
I bought my V911 BNF, V929 Tx, and spare batteries from BangGood on Sunday, when all were listed as "in stock". Since Monday morning my order status still says "backorder". All items I ordered still show as "in stock" on the site.

Is this just a delay because of the Chinese New Year, or is something really out of stock? I'm not angry, just bummed. Sorry if I sound like a whiner, but I was hoping to take it on Vacation in a month.

Rick
Ricomon is offline Find More Posts by Ricomon
Old Sep 11, 2012, 08:44 PM
My Corter Is Borken
United States, OH, Newark
Joined Jun 2012
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricomon View Post
I bought my V911 BNF, V929 Tx, and spare batteries from BangGood on Sunday, when all were listed as "in stock". Since Monday morning my order status still says "backorder". All items I ordered still show as "in stock" on the site.

Is this just a delay because of the Chinese New Year, or is something really out of stock? I'm not angry, just bummed. Sorry if I sound like a whiner, but I was hoping to take it on Vacation in a month.

Rick
What are you going to do if the BNF is broken?
MC808 is offline Find More Posts by MC808
Old Sep 11, 2012, 09:01 PM
USA, SC, Charleston
Joined Oct 2002
415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC808 View Post
What are you going to do if the BNF is broken?
Doesn't BNF mean Break-N-Fix?

Rick
Ricomon is offline Find More Posts by Ricomon