Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 03, 2009, 03:43 PM
ARMY ATC (93C)
United States, TX, Grapevine
Joined Jan 2005
1,114 Posts
they finally got back to me. It's 50W max.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bang22nd View Post
I know the sky doesn't say but I'll assume its the same as the thunder, and thats 50w. I have seen some of the cheep chargers as high as 200w at the hobby king but you have to deal with china shipping. I can't speak for 6s so maybe someone else can help here.
mjbennett9 is offline Find More Posts by mjbennett9
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 23, 2009, 02:15 PM
Germany, Berlin
Joined Feb 2007
1,269 Posts
display fading...

I just got mine 1 wk or so ago... works fine, slower than my icharger 106, but half the price. funny both charging at 5A and the icharger was faster. Styed much cooler too.

anyway, the display led's are cracking some... harder to read. anyone else with this issue?

thx

Ben

**wait... can I charge at 5A off the adaptor?? I saw somewhere 2A was the limit??
skinnydoc is offline Find More Posts by skinnydoc
Old Nov 24, 2009, 10:24 AM
United States, FL, St Petersburg
Joined Jun 2008
67 Posts
Except for a few external differences and options, the B6 (DC only) and B6AC Plus and the TP AC6 look like the exact same charger. Display and menu's apperar to be exactly the same. The main difference to me is the B6 shares the same port betweent the temp probe and USB.

The only menu option I haven't checked between the two is the B6 allows you select between Temp & USB for the port. I need to see what the options are for the TP AC6, since you should not have to select.

Has anyone tried using the Monitoring software for the B6AC Plus on the Thunder Power AC6?
Tedstrickland is offline Find More Posts by Tedstrickland
Old Nov 30, 2009, 03:00 PM
Joined Nov 2009
3 Posts
Can you attach an external power source to overcome the 50W limit of the AC on this thing?
jared52 is offline Find More Posts by jared52
Old Dec 08, 2009, 07:55 PM
Joined Dec 2009
2 Posts
register

where do you get the register number didnt get cd with my charger and the software requirers one
billybrown9488 is offline Find More Posts by billybrown9488
Old Dec 10, 2009, 05:39 AM
Western NY state, United States
Joined Jun 2004
150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybrown9488 View Post
where do you get the register number didnt get cd with my charger and the software requirers one
When you unzip the download you will find it in a text file.
helibobber is offline Find More Posts by helibobber
Old Dec 17, 2009, 07:04 AM
Check my blog-updated
Columbus,Ohio
Joined Nov 2005
2,133 Posts
Where can I get the extra balance leads for this charger?
It kinda bites that they are advertised but not for sale.
Mayday!Mayday! is offline Find More Posts by Mayday!Mayday!
Old Dec 17, 2009, 06:27 PM
Germany, Berlin
Joined Feb 2007
1,269 Posts
hobbycity....

Has packs of 10 balance leads in 3/4/5/6s types. I'm loving them. I can now charge safer at a distance.

Ben
Old Dec 21, 2009, 09:22 AM
Germany, Berlin
Joined Feb 2007
1,269 Posts
another flaw in my replaced charger!

well, I'm not sure I can keep this charger. The first one had the display start breaking up, and giving a connection error, I sent it back , and hobbypartz replaced it, nicely. I charged one 5000mah pack at 2A, and that went fine. Now, any kind of pack I connect, I hit the enter button, it says "checking batter" or whatever, and the screen goes dark and the whole charger resets. It doesnt matter what kind of battery I attach.

Anyone else have this issue??

Seems like there's some QC issues with this charger still.

Ben
Old Dec 21, 2009, 10:40 AM
Southwest Missouri
Joined Oct 2002
1,354 Posts
Every-time I get interested in a charger someone has problems and my interest wains.

I want/need a charger like my Honda automobile/lawn mower. Not too expensive, works as advertised with little fuss, not quickly outdated.
mode1 is offline Find More Posts by mode1
Old Jan 09, 2010, 06:56 PM
Joined Oct 2006
23 Posts
I just got one today and have sucessfully charged 2 of my 3s 2250 Lipos and am charging one of my 3s 4000 lipos right now. Seems to work fine, but when trying to monitor on my computer, the program opens ok yet it's not showing any progress on the graphs. The USB is enabled on the charger and is showing connected on the computer. The "cell status" shows disconnect. The window slightly flickers like it is refreshing every few seconds, but nothing showing on the graphs.

Anyone run into this problem?
Bobby M. is offline Find More Posts by Bobby M.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 10:18 PM
Joined Dec 2009
30 Posts
Anyone have a problem when registering the product? I don't see the registration number anywhere on the box or in the book : /
Traekerouac is offline Find More Posts by Traekerouac
Old Jan 12, 2010, 10:42 PM
Joined Dec 2009
30 Posts
Actually, when I connect the USB to the computer I don't get any information about the charge occuring so I'm not sure if the charge is happening. This is why I wanted to register the product. The charger itself doesn't tell me that it's charging in some obvious way either, I don't see a "live mode" that tells me it's current voltage and ampage, I feel like a retard but I guess this means it's not charging then?

I'm using stock NiMH 8.4V 3000 mAh batteries and I created a pre-set for them with the target volts and amps to be the same as listed above. I hold down the start button and it says it loads but I don't see any useful information after this about the charge actually happening.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 10:42 PM
Joined Dec 2009
30 Posts
And no I'm not trying to charge both batteries at once.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 10:47 PM
Joined Dec 2009
30 Posts
Well, I found the registration number. Definitely required to start the software guys.
SN:6693-6657-0064