HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 27, 2015, 07:11 AM
Plastic Buddha
Joined Oct 2005
2,690 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aftica View Post
Yep, that's the usual reaction to the AMR. Best flying bipe in this (or anywhere near) size range. Period. End of story, you get some demented fanboys that sometime try to pretend otherwise, but they fooling no one for long.

Light and floaty, made for 3D, which also makes for a plane that is extremely easy to fly in any normal manner too.

I ended up changing out the tail wheel set-up after ripping it and the whole rudder off in a hangar incident. Clumsy bugger. Kinda over kill but I had that stuff in stock. Normally I would have just used the original wire and a UMX foamie wheel.

EDIT: add pic of what I did on my XR-52
Quote:
Originally Posted by camoy View Post
This comment is not really needed.

I have the AMR and Vyper Bype and they are completely different planes and fly in completely different manners. Still I like them both and would not consider my self a "demented fanboy."
Well, obviously I feel the comment was necessary or I would not have made it.

Judging by your reply, you agree that the these two planes (for example) can not be compared...you did not even try...therefore I guess you are not the ''demented fanboy'' type I'm referring to?

My comment is fair though, as there are just too many blind fanboys mindlessly bragging about their favourite mfg and how their planes are designed to do this or that LOL. It almost always boils down to lazy cookie cutter engineering that leaves a plane heavier than it need be.

Weight is the single most important factor on any plane. Ever.

If you feel your plane needs some more weight to fly in a certain manner (usually badly) it is quite an easy engineering feat to add a bit here and there. Not as easy to design the plane lightly to begin with...but that's where marketing doublespeak and fanboys pick up the call with code phrases like ''lots of energy'',''feels solid in the air'' ''beefy build quality'' etc... LOL
aftica is offline Find More Posts by aftica
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 27, 2015, 10:02 AM
United States, TX, Montgomery
Joined Aug 2006
1,325 Posts
Bench tst 3S vs 4S

Did some testing this morning using 3S with VOX 14x8 vs. 4S with VOX 13X5 and here are the static results. 3S draws 43 amps and produces 474 watts, 4S draws 41 amps yet it yields 580 watts. Will try flying her in the 4S configuration later today but on the surface it appears that this 4S combo should be a hoot. Will report after some test flights because paper reports verses flight reports are often different. Enjoy, donnie
menksters is offline Find More Posts by menksters
Old Jan 27, 2015, 07:22 PM
United States, TX, Montgomery
Joined Aug 2006
1,325 Posts
De brief

Flying her on 4s adds great deal more speed but to me it simply seems to fly heavier because of course it is. Myself I prefer the 3S set up much better. donnie
menksters is offline Find More Posts by menksters
Old Jan 28, 2015, 02:10 AM
I can't fly
United States, CO, Parker
Joined Dec 2006
2,142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aftica View Post
Well, obviously I feel the comment was necessary or I would not have made it.

Judging by your reply, you agree that the these two planes (for example) can not be compared...you did not even try...therefore I guess you are not the ''demented fanboy'' type I'm referring to?

My comment is fair though, as there are just too many blind fanboys mindlessly bragging about their favourite mfg and how their planes are designed to do this or that LOL. It almost always boils down to lazy cookie cutter engineering that leaves a plane heavier than it need be.

Weight is the single most important factor on any plane. Ever.

If you feel your plane needs some more weight to fly in a certain manner (usually badly) it is quite an easy engineering feat to add a bit here and there. Not as easy to design the plane lightly to begin with...but that's where marketing doublespeak and fanboys pick up the call with code phrases like ''lots of energy'',''feels solid in the air'' ''beefy build quality'' etc... LOL
Spoken like a "fanboy."
camoy is offline Find More Posts by camoy
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 28, 2015, 01:50 PM
how'd I do that....oh
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined May 2011
2,274 Posts
Gents let's not get into the fanboy nonsense now and go OT....
I would really like to see a vid of the 4s monster AMR...

Chino
Did you reinforce the elevator stab?
I'm thinking since it's not a symmetrical stab and doesn't have too much beef keeping it together it won't take too much of the high speed/energy that the 4s setup produces and might just simply fold in in the faster KEspins ect.

I really wanna see a KEspin on 4s as it's already CRAZY FAST on the stock setup
Grandpa I'm glad you got your maiden down and enjoyed it so much. Believe me,and as everyone else here will testify you will love it more and more with every flight
chop stiX is offline Find More Posts by chop stiX