Old Feb 05, 2015, 03:18 PM
Canada, ON, Kenora District
Joined Sep 2014
51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuBu2 View Post
_nicos I didn't hear the Oils since ages I was totally a fan of this band
Nice video BTW.
Ditto, nice video, the music really took me back.
-Chris
nwchris is offline Find More Posts by nwchris
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 06, 2015, 02:52 AM
Germany, BY, Schongau
Joined Aug 2012
20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuBu2 View Post
I'll be using some 3s 1000 mAh batteries I already have. To respect the original motor wattage I'm ordering some 4.1x4.1 propellers, otherwise it'll probably fry...

Just one question, I currently own a Turnigy 9x radio. Is anyone driving a boat using this kind of controllers? Where would you put the throttle? Would you use the pitch-roll stick for both throttle and steering?
I threw the horrible stock prop out and now use an APC style 5x5 propeller on the stock motor with 3s 1300's. This works great for me, although I drive my Dawg on snow only.

I currently use my Taranis (mode 2) as controller with an 18A car ESC with reverse. Throttle is on the springloaded right stick, rudder on the left stick. I had rudder and throttle on the same (right) stick at first, but switched after a few runs, as the Dawg is drifting a LOT on snow and throttle is usually only bursts and seldom a 'fixed' input. When the rudder function was on the same stick I found it very difficult to control. In the long run I will look for a car style radio.

If I didnīt use an ESC with reverse, I had throttle on my left stick and rudder on the other.

Ralph
racs is offline Find More Posts by racs
Old Feb 06, 2015, 05:04 AM
Switzerland, VD, Lausanne
Joined Apr 2014
98 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by racs View Post
Throttle is on the springloaded right stick, rudder on the left stick. I had rudder and throttle on the same (right) stick at first, but switched after a few runs, as the Dawg is drifting a LOT on snow and throttle is usually only bursts and seldom a 'fixed' input. When the rudder function was on the same stick I found it very difficult to control.
Thanks for your input! Interesting, I'll think about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racs View Post
If I didnīt use an ESC with reverse, I had throttle on my left stick and rudder on the other.
I'll use an ESC with reverse too, but I'm also considering using the normal throttle stick for normal forward operation, and use a switch to go backward. Because I think you only use the reverse for special operations, i.e. when you're stuck somewhere.
BuBu2 is offline Find More Posts by BuBu2
Last edited by BuBu2; Feb 06, 2015 at 06:31 AM.
Old Feb 06, 2015, 05:34 AM
v922, mini, genius,mcp, v450D0
United States, MN, Le Sueur
Joined Nov 2012
1,327 Posts
Guys I have the mini alligator airboat and put a different connector on the end to use my 3s batteries and am afraid I burned up the all in one rx/esc I have a turnigy motor on the way I think its the 2836 2200 kv, I have the prop and collet on the way as well. I have an esc I can use but I want the car-pistol grip style Tx I don't think I need to spend a lot on one but don't want junk either. I also have a voltronic boat that was fried when I opened the box. So I need a Tx I can buy 2 rx for one for each boat. Any suggestions? I wont got to hobby king so don't suggest that(hate the shop).
Also any input on going to brushless on the airboat are also welcome Thank Guys
Jack
jack herr is offline Find More Posts by jack herr