SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 11, 2015, 07:12 AM
Find More Posts by DHarbold
United States, PA, Lancaster
Joined Jul 2013
288 Posts
After sitting idle on a shelf for close to a year I got my epp fpv out for some fun. I forgot how much weight this thing can carry, crazy!
DHarbold is online now Find More Posts by DHarbold
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 11, 2015, 03:52 PM
Find More Posts by KNote72
BashMonkeyRC
United States, OR, Marcola
Joined Sep 2013
141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHarbold View Post
After sitting idle on a shelf for close to a year I got my epp fpv out for some fun. I forgot how much weight this thing can carry, crazy!
What all are you running in it?
KNote72 is online now Find More Posts by KNote72
Old Apr 12, 2015, 06:26 AM
Find More Posts by geofrancis
nothing is unfixable
United Kingdom, Scotland, North Ayrshire
Joined Feb 2010
1,276 Posts
i had my video transmitter in the left wing tip and my openlrsng rc/telemetry in the right wing tip to give me maximum separation between them to give me the best range.
geofrancis is online now Find More Posts by geofrancis
Old Apr 13, 2015, 09:02 AM
Joined Jul 2013
288 Posts
NTM 35-48 900KV
Turnigy Plush 60A

Normally run 2 2200 3s in parallel or 3700 3s, either way get 20-30min with my GoPro and fpv gear. I've have yet to have the lipo alarm go off. I plan to install an APM or EZ OSD for some sort of Telemetry/HUD ect

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNote72 View Post
What all are you running in it?
Old Jun 16, 2015, 02:32 AM
Find More Posts by Sgt.Flier
Crashing Instructor
United States, LA, Shreveport
Joined Nov 2014
56 Posts
Epp fpv cracked tail boom 9n maiden

Just taxiing around getting courage to take her up and crack right at 6.25", there goes the fun. Anyone else have this happened, fixes or mods?? At least it cracked on ground and not 500 ft up. Going to reinstall with the shorter tail and see how that works.
Sgt.Flier is offline Find More Posts by Sgt.Flier
Last edited by Sgt.Flier; Jun 17, 2015 at 06:41 AM.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 11:01 AM
Joined Jul 2013
288 Posts
Ouch!
Old Jun 17, 2015, 03:25 PM
Find More Posts by greedyg76
Semper Fi
United States, CA, Rancho Cucamonga
Joined Mar 2009
1,062 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt.Flier View Post
Just taxiing around getting courage to take her up and crack right at 6.25", there goes the fun. Anyone else have this happened, fixes or mods?? At least it cracked on ground and not 500 ft up. Going to reinstall with the shorter tail and see how that works.
A shorter tail will just make the bad yaw stability even worse and also make the elevator less effective. You can employ the method I used to make the tail removable, by using a short piece of 1/2" PVC pipe as a joiner. Depending on the schedule chosen you may have to make a cut in the PVC length wise and then it will clamp right over the tail boom. A couple screws to secure and youre golden
greedyg76 is offline Find More Posts by greedyg76
Old Jun 25, 2015, 07:00 AM
Find More Posts by Thorton82
Joined Jan 2013
586 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt.Flier View Post
Same thing happened to mine. The propellor cracked the thing during an earlier take off, unknown to me, and the tail ended up falling off during a later take off. I put a smaller piece of carbon rod inside, then filled the gap with poly filler. I then wrapped the broken boom in carbon/kevlar cloth. It is way stronger than the original boom, and the carbon kevlar cloth means prop strikes won't crack the thing now.
Thorton82 is offline Find More Posts by Thorton82
Old Jul 07, 2015, 11:59 AM
Find More Posts by LLoo
Guelph, Ontario Canada
Joined Sep 2004
677 Posts
Hey folks, I purchased this airframe 4 years ago and I never even unboxed it. However I've decided to get off my ass and finally build it. I plan to power it with 2 x 2200mah 3S 35c batteries and will want to carry the following:
- Mobius camera
- FPV camera, vtx
- APM flight controller with GPS, OSD, power module

Scanning this thread I see others fly this plane with a variety of motors and props, does anyone care to comment / recommend their motor and prop setup?

Thanks.
LLoo is online now Find More Posts by LLoo
Last edited by LLoo; Jul 07, 2015 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Reworded question to make it more clear.
Old Aug 02, 2015, 03:16 PM
Joined Jul 2013
288 Posts
I posted mine above, but here it is again. Are you close to getting it in the air?

NTM 35-48 900KV
Turnigy Plush 60A

Normally run 2 2200 3s in parallel or 3700 3s, either way get 20-30min with my GoPro and fpv gear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLoo View Post
Hey folks, I purchased this airframe 4 years ago and I never even unboxed it. However I've decided to get off my ass and finally build it. I plan to power it with 2 x 2200mah 3S 35c batteries and will want to carry the following:
- Mobius camera
- FPV camera, vtx
- APM flight controller with GPS, OSD, power module

Scanning this thread I see others fly this plane with a variety of motors and props, does anyone care to comment / recommend their motor and prop setup?

Thanks.