HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 06, 2011, 12:23 PM
Joined Jan 2011
745 Posts
The real problem here -may be like the TOYOTA acceleration "problem".
This cats-ass-trophy was, in my opinion, a result of a whispering campaign which included auto mfgrs, political groups and individuals and our "disaster hungry" media .
The intent was to create a distrust in Toyota- in order to create renewed interest in other brands (insert your brand here) which were floundering throught their own folly.
Even after the most respected technical groups found no fault (as claimed), the seed was planted and those who wanted to believe , hung onto original claims as PROOF.
(all those who still believe in the Easter Bunny,raise their hands )
guy hanson is offline Find More Posts by guy hanson
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 06, 2011, 12:25 PM
EDF Junkie
Pacific Northwest
Joined Oct 2007
1,493 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy hanson View Post
This cats-ass-trophy was -in my opinoin a result of a whispering campaign which included auto mfgrs and media .
The intent was to creat a distrust in Toyota- in order to create a interest in other brands (insert your brand here) which were floundering throught their own folly.
Even afer the most respected technical groups found no fault (as claimed), the seed was planted an dthose who wanted to believe , hung onto original claims as PROOF.
Wow. Does anyone read the part that we love our Spektrum equipment?
NwRcFlight is offline Find More Posts by NwRcFlight
Old Mar 06, 2011, 12:30 PM
Joined Jan 2011
745 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NwRcFlight View Post
Wow. Does anyone read the part that we love our Spektrum equipment?
Scoff if you will-I just hate to see anyone hung without a trial
Old Mar 06, 2011, 12:36 PM
EDF Junkie
Pacific Northwest
Joined Oct 2007
1,493 Posts
Quote:
Scoff if you will-I just hate to see anyone hung without a trial
We'll I won't continue. I'm sure I could come up with many scenarios where you would want a person hung without a trial but it would be comparing apples and oranges.

If there is a problem it can be addressed now or it can be addressed later in the year when the flying season gets going. If there is no problem that will become clear too. Either way I'll be happy.
Old Mar 06, 2011, 12:37 PM
One of the usual suspects
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Jun 2007
1,467 Posts
BTW - Does anyone want to sell their used DX8???

(Too Soon?)

(Last year was a great time to buy a Toyota!)
Vicarious is offline Find More Posts by Vicarious
Old Mar 06, 2011, 12:54 PM
EDF Junkie
Pacific Northwest
Joined Oct 2007
1,493 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicarious View Post
BTW - Does anyone want to sell their used DX8???

(Too Soon?)

(Last year was a great time to buy a Toyota!)
Not me.
Old Mar 06, 2011, 01:00 PM
Joined Jan 2006
365 Posts
Quote:
We'll I won't continue. I'm sure I could come up with many scenarios where you would want a person hung without a trial but it would be comparing apples and oranges.

If there is a problem it can be addressed now or it can be addressed later in the year when the flying season gets going. If there is no problem that will become clear too. Either way I'll be happy.
I'm not confident that this is true.
I've been flying dsm2 (JR X9303) since early '08, easily over 2000 flights on multiple aircraft from foamies to 50cc gas.
Zero problems, yet the forums would have one believe problems were (are)rampant.
hondaflyer is offline Find More Posts by hondaflyer
Old Mar 06, 2011, 01:03 PM
Deutschland, Hessen, LA
Joined Jan 2009
1,113 Posts
Quote:
Were you flying it when the drops occurred? Or did you discover it on the bench?
In the air.

My Polaris has four servos (dual aile).
Kambalunga is online now Find More Posts by Kambalunga
Last edited by Kambalunga; Mar 06, 2011 at 01:26 PM.
Old Mar 06, 2011, 01:06 PM
Deutschland, Hessen, LA
Joined Jan 2009
1,113 Posts
Quote:
This cats-ass-trophy was, in my opinion, a result of a whispering campaign which included auto mfgrs, political groups and individuals and our "disaster hungry" media .
The intent was to create a distrust in Toyota- in order to create renewed interest in other brands (insert your brand here) which were floundering throught their own folly.
Even after the most respected technical groups found no fault (as claimed), the seed was planted and those who wanted to believe , hung onto original claims as PROOF.
(all those who still believe in the Easter Bunny,raise their hands )
Replace Toyota with Audi the same story.
Kambalunga is online now Find More Posts by Kambalunga
Old Mar 06, 2011, 01:17 PM
Ontario, Canada
Joined Apr 2010
2,487 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaflyer View Post
Zero problems, yet the forums would have one believe problems were (are)rampant.
It's all too easy to draw conclusions from an internet forum. We are just a small sampling of Spektrum and DX8 users worldwide. And let's face it, most of us are here when we have issues.

It's like listening to the nightly news. If one were to form an impression of society based solely on this, one would think the world was coming to an end!

We need more of the good experiences and stories!
philipa_240sx is offline Find More Posts by philipa_240sx
Old Mar 06, 2011, 01:27 PM
Bridgeton, NJ
Joined Mar 2009
2,083 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaurak3 View Post
Just for the record, I'd have to agree with the previous two posters - over 100 flights with the DX8 and mostly 6100/6110-series receivers in a variety of planes and not a single problem. Most of my planes are fast, performance models and any problem would have been very noticeable.

From this, I would suspect individual set-ups before I would an inherent DX8 problem.
Just for the record I'm not discounting the fact that it could be something I'm doing wrong or something unique to the way I've setup my aircraft or something to do with the selection of equipment used. I'm very much trying to keep an open mind. With any luck some logging might find a problem. HOWEVER, the fact that the problem only manifests itself when being used with a DX8/6200 is unique you must admit.

I'm lucky in a sense compared to others who have experieced this problem, because I've been able to reproduce the problem within a couple minutes of flight EVERY time using the 6200/DX8. This is much more helpful then having a problem every 10 packs or so. Chances are I should be able to find something useful.
cayars is offline Find More Posts by cayars
Old Mar 06, 2011, 01:31 PM
Joined Jan 2011
745 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambalunga View Post
Replace Toyota with Audi the same story.
Absolutely.
The need for the national media to gain an audience is without any limit or regard to accuracy.
In our radio markets the advent of internet for everyone and the 2.4 radios also was accompanied by instant model airplanes - instant home delivery, electric models , new battery types ,extremely high power consumption servos-at a low price etc., etc.. The result was a literal explosion of new users who had little or no background in radios batteries or for that matter - model airplanes Where theres wa almost neve four models inthe air at once - the proliferation produced NO limits on models at fields and even nearby areas which were never before in use (little electric models) for models
The result ?
Sort of semi organized chaos.
Those who were already using radio equipment on 72 mhz or even HAM band guys - were often floored by the changes.
The SPEKTRUM introduction of 2.4 for everyone caught everyone else flat footed-
So information and dis information were often blurred by other mfgrs for their own desires
The actual sorting out has been pretty darn good -considering the fact that 2.4 - a spectrum used by everybody and their dog, works VERY well for us.
The fact that now there are toy mfgrs cloning and copying with no regard to national and international laws and agreements is further adding to a rf environment at an increasing rate - bodes ill for all.
Old Mar 06, 2011, 01:35 PM
Joined Jan 2011
745 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cayars View Post
Just for the record I'm not discounting the fact that it could be something I'm doing wrong or something unique to the way I've setup my aircraft or something to do with the selection of equipment used. I'm very much trying to keep an open mind. With any luck some logging might find a problem. HOWEVER, the fact that the problem only manifests itself when being used with a DX8/6200 is unique you must admit.

I'm lucky in a sense compared to others who have experieced this problem, because I've been able to reproduce the problem within a couple minutes of flight EVERY time using the 6200/DX8. This is much more helpful then having a problem every 10 packs or so. Chances are I should be able to find something useful.
Nicely put - Having been in the "accident sorting " business -I understand your comments.
Old Mar 06, 2011, 01:47 PM
Bridgeton, NJ
Joined Mar 2009
2,083 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambalunga View Post
Why used he not a TM1000 telemetry TX and looks what's going on?
I fly a Polaris* with the AR6110 now 10 hours with the DX8 and a Jepe Mirage with AR6200 has 1:30 on the clock. Then a Rafale with AR6255 1h.
My two Shockys has 5 and 6 hours on the clock with the AR6100 and DX8.

*Without the TM1000 I never discover that the 3A SBEC in the Polaris had some power drops to 2.7V.
Just throwing something out here. You could be getting "brownouts" on the polaris that the 6110s are recovering from quickly so you don't notice anything in flight. Care to try an experiment? Try putting the 6200 in that plane with the power drops that the other receiver is coping with and let us know how the 6200 does in that environment.

If you don't want to try this I totally understand. Don't know how adventurous you are.
Old Mar 06, 2011, 02:06 PM
Bridgeton, NJ
Joined Mar 2009
2,083 Posts
Just thinking out loud. I've been trying to think of anything unusual or possibly different about my setup(s) and flying environment. Somebody a page or so back asked if during these problematic events if anyone else had any radios on. I know during one of my flights (first glitch) another guys was flying a Futaba FAST system. During my 2nd glitch I was the only person flying. During other glitches I was the only one at the field.

That however, did get me thinking and I may have a hunch as to what is making it so easy for me to duplicate the problem. For the last year I have been using the Quanum telemetry system (http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=10343) to monitor my lipos in flight. This of course also runs on the 2.4Ghz frequency band. While I never had a problem with other transmitters using this, it could be that during a "brownout/glitch" the Quanum is causing the 6200 to take longer to sync back up or whatever it does to the DX8 then normal due to the local 2.4 broadcast in the plane itself.

The Quanum Telemetry System will need to get the axe for a few flights to see if this has any effect. Just out of curiosity. For anyone who has experienced 6200/DX8 glitches. Did you have any other telemetry or FPV video or any other "extra" electronic equipment in the aircraft?