HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 20, 2004, 10:46 AM
The original Flying Pigs Sqd.
Netanya, Israel
Joined Aug 2002
9,946 Posts
Mega 1615/4 wiring

I just received my new Mega BL setup to replace my sp400. Which color wire do I attach where to the motor? Is there a particular sequence?

Thanks.
Up&Away is offline Find More Posts by Up&Away
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 20, 2004, 12:50 PM
Bought at a price.
Winfield, Kansas, United States
Joined Jul 2002
1,570 Posts
What ESC are you using?

Does this motor have the wires coming from it or simply tabs onto which you solder the esc wires? I have one of each.

Assuming that you're using a Phoenix 25 or 35 & using this on your Unicorn (In a pusher configuration as I am), they are;

black - towards left wing
white - middle
red - towards right wing

The good news is, is that if the motor does happen to run in the incorrect direction, simply reversing any two wires will cause it to turn in the opposite direction.

Brad
777 is offline Find More Posts by 777
Old Oct 20, 2004, 01:07 PM
Netanya, Israel
Joined Aug 2002
9,946 Posts
What ESC are you using?
Phoenix 35

Does this motor have the wires coming from it or simply tabs onto which you solder the esc wires? I have one of each.
Three tabs

Assuming that you're using a Phoenix 25 or 35 & using this on your Unicorn (In a pusher configuration as I am)
Yup. Still renovating though...

Thanks! Going to the LHS tomorrow to get some more MPX male & female plugs.
Old Oct 20, 2004, 03:26 PM
Bought at a price.
Joined Jul 2002
1,570 Posts
Oh, of course, the left/middle/right directions that I gave are assuming that you are placing the motor so that the tabs are towards the bottom of the wing & the Mega label on top.

That would make a difference, wouldn't it?

We've always wanted to go to Israel. I understand that there is some strife going on in some areas. Are there areas that should be avoided by tourists?

Brad
Old Oct 20, 2004, 03:37 PM
Gotta have more cowbell!!
Clawson, MI USA
Joined Sep 2002
2,169 Posts
You forgot to ask... Is DD or in a GB? Is it pusher or tractor.

Up&away,
Just hook it up and see which way it goes, if it turns the wrong way (you're not gonna hurt the motor) then switch any 2 (TWO) leads and it will turn the opposite way. For ease I usually put the white wire in the middle too like 777 said then I just swap the two outer wires (red and black).

Mike
MTwallet is offline Find More Posts by MTwallet
Old Oct 20, 2004, 04:02 PM
Netanya, Israel
Joined Aug 2002
9,946 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 777
We've always wanted to go to Israel. I understand that there is some strife going on in some areas. Are there areas that should be avoided by tourists?
You shouldn't believe everything you see/hear in the media. Yes there are areas to be avoided, just like there are areas in LA, or Detroit, or New York, or ....(fill in the name of any large area anywhere in the world...) You wouldn't cross a busy intersection with your eyes closed would you? Actually, statisticly, the chance of being involved in a traffic accident anywhere in the world, is bigger then the chance of being involved in a terrorist attack in Israel.
Come on over, there is plenty to see/do. To sweeten the deal, I'll let you fly my renovated Unicorn (! )

Anyway, this is what Bishop Products wrote me:
Quote:
There is no polarity on brushless motors so simply hook up the wires and test the motors rotation. If it rotates the wrong direction simply reverse any two wires and it will rotate the correct direction now.
Old Oct 20, 2004, 04:20 PM
Netanya, Israel
Joined Aug 2002
9,946 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwallet
You forgot to ask... Is DD or in a GB? Is it pusher or tractor.
It's a Unicorn = a pusher
Old Oct 20, 2004, 07:16 PM
Bought at a price.
Joined Jul 2002
1,570 Posts
Up&Away,
I may just take you up on that! Heck, I'd even pack in my 'Corn if I can find a way & we can try one another's plane!
About the rotation part, it's good to see that I had that right when I said
Quote:
Originally Posted by 777
The good news is, is that if the motor does happen to run in the incorrect direction, simply reversing any two wires will cause it to turn in the opposite direction.

MTwallet,
Since Up&Away and I frequent the Unicorn threads, we had actually covered that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 777
Assuming that you're using a Phoenix 25 or 35 & using this on your Unicorn (In a pusher configuration as I am)
Old Oct 20, 2004, 07:29 PM
Gotta have more cowbell!!
Clawson, MI USA
Joined Sep 2002
2,169 Posts
O, I didn't know you knew each other. I get around here but haven't looked at very many Unicorn threads.( not that is not a good plane I just have too many wings already)
And I didn't notice the pusher config part before. sorry
MTwallet is offline Find More Posts by MTwallet
Last edited by MTwallet; Oct 20, 2004 at 07:31 PM.
Old Oct 20, 2004, 10:40 PM
Bought at a price.
Joined Jul 2002
1,570 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwallet
O, I didn't know you knew each other.
As much as a guy from Israel and a guy from Kansas can know each other
Old Oct 21, 2004, 01:52 AM
Netanya, Israel
Joined Aug 2002
9,946 Posts
We didn't go to school together. Let's leave it at that... :-)