HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 23, 2014, 02:50 AM
Joined Jan 2014
48 Posts
Discussion
from octocopter to dodecacopter prop rotation

Hi guys,

I recently built an octocopter from Hubsan h107 spare parts. It's working great! But now I want to kick it up a notch. I want it to have 12 props/motors instead of 8. Now I was using the left illustration from the image below because I need an X config because the flightcontroller is build for X. Is there anyone here who can tell me what rotation I should use for 12 motors in an X config?

Here you can see the current one with 8 motors/props:
H107 Hack Octocopter - Normal-Mode (2 min 26 sec)

and here:
H107 Hack Octocopter - Pro-Mode (1 min 16 sec)
hannemaster is offline Find More Posts by hannemaster
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 23, 2014, 09:36 PM
The "pro" in procrastination
Canada, ON, Kingston
Joined Mar 2004
2,648 Posts
Hmmm. You might get someone here who can answer your question, but the folks who hang out in the Multirotor section here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/aircraft-ele...ltirotors-790/

are probably your best bet. Good luck, that's one heckuva chopper...

Steve
Steve85 is online now Find More Posts by Steve85
Old Yesterday, 02:52 AM
Joined Jan 2014
48 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve85 View Post
Hmmm. You might get someone here who can answer your question, but the folks who hang out in the Multirotor section here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/aircraft-ele...ltirotors-790/

are probably your best bet. Good luck, that's one heckuva chopper...

Steve
Thanks, will try to get an answer there!
hannemaster is offline Find More Posts by hannemaster