HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 26, 2013, 11:36 AM
Joined Oct 2013
7 Posts
Discussion
What type of glue do I use?

Hi Gang,

I recently bought new tail feathers for my Pole Cat. What type of glue should I use to secure them into place. I'm not sure what will ruin the foam so when in doubt ask first.

Cheers,
Trevor
TrevorFurlotte is offline Find More Posts by TrevorFurlotte
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 26, 2013, 01:12 PM
Joined Oct 2011
401 Posts
I use "Foam Safe" Cyanoacrylate medium gap-filling (10 sec to 25 sec) glue to strengthen creases and stick on broken foam pieces. I buy it at my local hobby store. I have NEVER purchased a replacement foam part.

I do not tape the top and bottom of a fuselage together after a repair, instead I use acrylic paint at the correct color to stick them strongly together. The paint is easy to cut open if another repair must be made.

I use "Hold The Foam" to glue a rubber spinner to a propeller. It holds well but is easy to peel off.
Audioguru is offline Find More Posts by Audioguru
Old Nov 26, 2013, 04:05 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,086 Posts
I love hold the foam, but is only useful for foam to foam repairs, it also is water soluble so the joint must remain dry or be covered with tape. White gorilla glue is a favorite of mine, but remember to use water, everything happens faster with water and GG so it's easier to control the expansion.
Beacon foam tac is another favorite.
airpower is offline Find More Posts by airpower
Old Nov 27, 2013, 07:17 AM
Joined Oct 2013
7 Posts
Thanks guys.
TrevorFurlotte is offline Find More Posts by TrevorFurlotte