Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 22, 2013, 06:53 PM
Forever Remain...
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined May 2013
8 Posts
Question
Wasp X3V & Hi tec Servo's?

My question, I have a FBL Wasp X3V, that I bought here in vegas, I have had a few crashes, and all that ever gets broke, are those VTS-05B servo's. problem is I cant get them at the stores here, unless I bribe the clerks to let me switch out my broken VTS-05B's with working ones on return's other custumers have brought in. I bought 3 Hitec HS-55's which seem like better servos, but I get this bizzare issue, so I cant use them, but would like to know what the issue is cuased by.

The Issue is, when I put all 3 HS-55's in, or even 1, lets say on the elevator, the servo is reversed of course, forward cyclic equals backward, so reverseing on the NASA701 XMITR fixes that of course, but thats not the issue, the issue is whether the channels are reversed or not, when the left stic is pressed up for throttle/pitch up, it goes down, even when the channels are reversed, so I am assuming that the HITEC servo's are incompatible with the wasp and or skyartec, is this true? and why?

Thank you very much.
phoeboskrieg is offline Find More Posts by phoeboskrieg
to remove ads between posts
Old May 24, 2013, 11:29 PM
United States, MI, Auburn Hills
Joined Dec 2008
833 Posts
Asked and Answered

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoeboskrieg View Post
My question, I have a FBL Wasp X3V, that I bought here in vegas, I have had a few crashes, and all that ever gets broke, are those VTS-05B servo's. problem is I cant get them at the stores here, unless I bribe the clerks to let me switch out my broken VTS-05B's with working ones on return's other custumers have brought in. I bought 3 Hitec HS-55's which seem like better servos, but I get this bizzare issue, so I cant use them, but would like to know what the issue is cuased by.

The Issue is, when I put all 3 HS-55's in, or even 1, lets say on the elevator, the servo is reversed of course, forward cyclic equals backward, so reverseing on the NASA701 XMITR fixes that of course, but thats not the issue, the issue is whether the channels are reversed or not, when the left stic is pressed up for throttle/pitch up, it goes down, even when the channels are reversed, so I am assuming that the HITEC servo's are incompatible with the wasp and or skyartec, is this true? and why?

Thank you very much.
We explained much of this in direct emails, trying to offer support on a product we did not sell, in an attempt to compensate for the lack of support this customer has experienced from his dealer - simple answer is that the 3 axis gyro is setup to work with servos of a very specific timing, rate and reponse time - additionally to use 3rd party servos that have the opposite throw from normal, like Hitec, you must change the direction in the X30x receiver unit using the programmer
As the system works as advertised with the OEM (Skyartec) servos; the buyer must then decide if they want to use 3rd party servos and also determine on a case by case basis rather they want to take on the changes to the setup that the other servos might need.

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
www.skyartec-usa.com
Parkflying is offline Find More Posts by Parkflying
Site Sponsor
Old May 26, 2013, 09:08 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2009
3,003 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoeboskrieg View Post

Thank you very much.
Your servos are swinging the opposite way. Servo rotates according the pulse width of the signal applied to it. A wider pulse causes one type of servo to rotate clockwise and another type to rotate anticlockwise. Just like we have right hand screws and left hand screws.

Don't change the setttings on the TX. Change the reversal settings on the RX (X302V/X303V) using an USB cable. Changing the TX settings will not fix the reversal for gyros inside the RX. Changing on the RX can fix both if done correctly.

If you are familiar with electronics and soldering, you may reverse the wiring to the motor and pot inside the HS-55 servo to make it swing the same way as the stock servos. That would work too.
Wasp09 is online now Find More Posts by Wasp09
Last edited by Wasp09; May 26, 2013 at 09:19 PM.
Old May 27, 2013, 01:04 AM
United States, MI, Auburn Hills
Joined Dec 2008
833 Posts
3rd Party Servos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasp09 View Post
Your servos are swinging the opposite way. Servo rotates according the pulse width of the signal applied to it. A wider pulse causes one type of servo to rotate clockwise and another type to rotate anticlockwise. Just like we have right hand screws and left hand screws.

Don't change the setttings on the TX. Change the reversal settings on the RX (X302V/X303V) using an USB cable. Changing the TX settings will not fix the reversal for gyros inside the RX. Changing on the RX can fix both if done correctly.

If you are familiar with electronics and soldering, you may reverse the wiring to the motor and pot inside the HS-55 servo to make it swing the same way as the stock servos. That would work too.
WASP09 is correct - with the X302 you will need to reverse the wiring on the Hitec Servos or upgrade to the X303v receiver unit so that you can use the programmer to change the direction of the servos in the receiver firmware -
Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
www.skyartec-usa.com
Parkflying is offline Find More Posts by Parkflying
Site Sponsor