HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 10, 2013, 02:14 AM
Joined Oct 2013
1 Posts
Discussion
Need help in RC fishing boat

High greeting guys,

I was using RC fishing bait boat for two years and I'm planning to build my own RC fishing bait boat.

I searched and got information that I need the following tools and parts:

1/ Receiver with remote control
2/ Servo for rudder
3/ Servo for bait tank
3/ Battery ( 6 V)
4/ Motor
5/ Fuse (15 A)
6/ Electronic speed control
7/ Power switch
8/ Rudder
9/ Proper
10/ Drive shaft for the proper

مركز تحميل الصور

Boat function:

1/ Sending a bait for long distance
2/ Sending long line including around 10 baits for long distance. (The boat will pull the line)

My questions are:

1. Servo: How can I choose the servo? (one for rudder and another for bait tank)

2. Receiver:
I found persons are using one more battery inside the boat for the Receiver, but my current boat doesn't have. Why they have special batter for the receiver? Is it important?

3. Motor:
How can I choose a good motor but not for speeding just I want it strong and can pull a line with 10 - 20 baits.
I think I should use brushed motor so do I need a cooling head/ water for this?

4. Electronic speed control:
If I used brushed motor do I need also an ESC?

I wish to share with you information and good advices. I will be thankful for that.

Thank you

Coolwhisper is offline Find More Posts by Coolwhisper
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 07, 2014, 02:11 PM
urs
switzerland
Joined Dec 2000
718 Posts
4. Electronic speed control:
If I used brushed motor do I need also an ESC?----you need a speed controler make sure its for a brushed moter

3. Motor:
How can I choose a good motor but not for speeding just I want it strong and can pull a line with 10 - 20 baits.
I think I should use brushed motor so do I need a cooling head/ water for this?----

get a geared moter lots of torc and pull...bigger propeler...no need for water cooling if set up right and not over bateried..------------

Receiver:
I found persons are using one more battery inside the boat for the Receiver, but my current boat doesn't have. Why they have special batter for the receiver? Is it important?--
if your speed cotroller has a bec (batery eliminater circuit) you dont need a seperate reciever batery...it taps of the main batery...-

. Servo: How can I choose the servo? (one for rudder and another for bait tank)--------------

ay standered sized servo should work ok-----just get one with 3-4 kilos of work movement

good luck..
urs (switzerland)
urs is online now Find More Posts by urs
Old Mar 08, 2014, 05:00 AM
Blackpool, Lancs
Joined Feb 2006
2,967 Posts
Choosing a motor - the size, shape, weight and expected performance will determine the power needed. This boils down to how much water the prop is going to have to move in a given length of time, which affects the choice of prop, which in turn affects the motor choice. Have a look for threads of people doing large tugs - their requirements will be close to yours.
Forget the 2 blade racing props - you need to be looking at 3 or 4 blade scale types. Rule of thumb, the diameter of the motor can should be a little bigger than the prop diameter and the motor should have more poles than the prop has blades. Pick the right motor, no cooling needed.
As said before, a standard servo will do the steering. to work the bait hopper, either a larger servo or a small sail winch servo might be needed.
Add to your list a coupler - you will need some means of connecting the motor shaft to the propellor shaft.
Add also a servo or some other arrangement to release the towed line.
Looking in "Scale Boats" might be more productive than looking in the software section.
mfr02 is offline Find More Posts by mfr02