SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 23, 2014, 08:22 AM
United States, UT, Sandy
Joined May 2013
2,782 Posts
About the fuse repair. That is a critical area. I would repair it with tow using my self adhesive drywall tape method to transfer it. Go from old repair back. It looks like you don't need to do work in the saddle. A 2 oz carbon cloth on top of the tow is even better. But you need lots of splints crossing that fracture line and tow does that. Wrap with green garden stretchy tape. Vcr tape won't like that changing shape fuse as it won't stretch.
elkski is online now Find More Posts by elkski
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 23, 2014, 02:08 PM
Joined Jan 2009
15 Posts
Was 29 Degrees this morning but i checked the forecast and the temp was forecasted to be 55 just after noon with calm winds and clear skies. Seemed like Thermals would be in the making so I headed out and flew for 31 minutes off my 1st toss and broke my personal Alt record! 1779FT!!
lonloud is offline Find More Posts by lonloud
Old Oct 23, 2014, 03:29 PM
United Kingdom, Banstead
Joined May 2013
362 Posts
Good god!! To start with I thought that was a typo.!! Good show

Dave
DizzyDuck is online now Find More Posts by DizzyDuck
Old Oct 23, 2014, 07:15 PM
looking up down under
Australia, NSW, Fairlight
Joined Feb 2008
1,441 Posts
i doubt i can see that far

nice work
scruffy1 is offline Find More Posts by scruffy1
Old Yesterday, 01:26 AM
yorkshire UK
Joined Oct 2007
4,250 Posts
Had my blaster 1500ft according to Taranis and that was about as far as I am happy I can see enough to control it!
nigelsheffield is online now Find More Posts by nigelsheffield
Old Yesterday, 08:37 PM
sticks2sticks
United States, CA, Yreka
Joined Oct 2011
360 Posts
Had what would have been a perfect day except for forgetting to turn on the transmitter. Got to fly with a new friend and his snipes. Great air great fun and even some 15 mph+ wind at the end for some challenging flying. Smoked Tri tip for lunch ala John. Can't wait to get my Hunter to try against a snipe! We even survived a mid air with no damage. Our depth perception was equally bad!
Mario
mgallian is online now Find More Posts by mgallian
Old Today, 04:08 AM
looking up down under
Joined Feb 2008
1,441 Posts
another twilight seesion up till it was too dark to see

overcast and hazy all day (dust storm), and winds around 10 knots

nonetheless, in the last half dozen throws i hooked a thermal in the deepening gloom and managed to rise from 80' to 130' over about a minute till i drifted far enough downwind to lose sight on part of each circuit

wimped out and bought it on back for a respectable 105 seconds or so

the dog enjoyed yet another hour of dlg appreciation
Old Today, 04:41 AM
yorkshire UK
Joined Oct 2007
4,250 Posts
Still no flying here with the winds, and my dog has been ill after eating a few conkers, he sicked a few up but one is going through him now so he is not up to chasing planes anyway.
Vets checked him and looks like it should just go through on its own and he is eating now so hopefully he will be up to chasing again soon and once the weather allows we can go terrorise the field.
Old Today, 07:05 AM
United States, UT, Sandy
Joined May 2013
2,782 Posts
1700+'. Wow that is at the edge. Not sure I would trust things. I always stop enjoying things. Thoughts of my bird flying off for 10 miles with no control.
Conkers??
Scruffy. That pic makes one want to get a dog.
elkski is online now Find More Posts by elkski
Old Today, 07:07 AM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
16,766 Posts
I think conkers = chestnuts.
pmackenzie is online now Find More Posts by pmackenzie
Old Today, 07:17 AM
yorkshire UK
Joined Oct 2007
4,250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmackenzie View Post
I think conkers = chestnuts.
Yes, horse chestnuts so not edible though my dog did not know the difference!
He is doing better by the hour now though.
Well behaved dogs and dlg is fun, and a good but lazy way to exercise your dog.
Its like playing fetch but the dog never gets to fetch it!
But other peoples out of control alsasions etc trying to catch my blaster and destroy it is not so much fun.
Old Today, 07:39 AM
looking up down under
Joined Feb 2008
1,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkski View Post
Scruffy. That pic makes one want to get a dog.
she is a beautiful creature, and although i am an affirmed cat lover, she's more loveable than both our current cats

and she is very smart, in both getting out of the way on launch, and checking relative clearance on landings

it is a bit of a toss up as to which of us is most enthusiastic for "just one more launch", and it is with much reluctance that she'll leave the field once i suggest it's time to go

i have been trying to get some footage of her out for a session to post, but of all the family she's the most inclined to come with me and the least capable of doing the video
Old Today, 08:51 AM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Oct 2010
27 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scruffy1 View Post
she is a beautiful creature, and although i am an affirmed cat lover, she's more loveable than both our current cats

and she is very smart, in both getting out of the way on launch, and checking relative clearance on landings

it is a bit of a toss up as to which of us is most enthusiastic for "just one more launch", and it is with much reluctance that she'll leave the field once i suggest it's time to go

i have been trying to get some footage of her out for a session to post, but of all the family she's the most inclined to come with me and the least capable of doing the video
I exercise my dog in much the same way. He's obsessed with shadows in his old age. Loves to chase the DLG shadow when I'm coming in on approach. Like you, I'm a cat person. But, the only thing they want to do with my planes is sniff and chew
Tequila Tony is offline Find More Posts by Tequila Tony
Old Today, 09:13 AM
looking up down under
Joined Feb 2008
1,441 Posts
she's inclined to do a complete circuit on launch, and then if it is too hot, retire to the shade and lie down till landing approach, when she will race out and do another circuit

used to occasionally snap at the transmitter if i was too slow for her wishes to relaunch, but was fast to understand that's not acceptable behaviour; i still get the occasional dog gob hit on my pants from her jowls when she's foaming like a rabid beast after lots of running though

once got hit by the right wing on approach when an unpredictable gust dropped the plane faster than i anticipated, and looked mortified that she had possibly done the wrong thing

these days she constantly checks clearance, and if i float it down where she is collapsed after a long session she will get up and move rather than let it land too close for her comfort