HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 12, 2014, 07:47 AM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Latvia, Ventspils pilsēta, Ventspils
Joined Jan 2010
8,462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidagain View Post
Thanks everyone for the info. Now I get it. I have not purchased it yet. But I do have a spectrum DX5e. so if I buy the orange I'll use that set up.

Thanks again
Forgive me if I assume wrong ...

You have both a FS 9x and a Spektrum DX5 ?

If true - you are not just limited to the Rx equipped Orange stabiliser. You could buy the plain stabiliser without built-in Rx and use with either radio ... it works between your existing Rx and servos.

This is the plain Stabiliser only :

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...elta_AUX_.html

and this is the DSM Rx equipped version :

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/..._Receiver.html

Trouble is Hobby King name the item badly with RX quoted in both names ..

Don't forget that if you buy the plain version - you need Male to Male servo leads :

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...0pcs_set_.html

Nigel
solentlife is online now Find More Posts by solentlife
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 18, 2014, 08:57 PM
Joined Sep 2014
20 Posts
I am a relatively new pilot and needed some stability without breaking the bank so I got the Orangerx RX3s (latest version HK $24) for my Flyzone Corsair.

The manual states that the receiver/gyro must be on a level surface. However, the corsair is nose up and tail down when on the ground, how will this affect the plane when I install everything?

Finally, if anyone has the Flyzone Corsair + RX3s combo, I'd appreciate some assistance with wiring as well as the wires are kind of confusing.

Thank you in advance for your help.
ShakeNbake718 is offline Find More Posts by ShakeNbake718
Old Oct 18, 2014, 09:27 PM
Canadian Bacon
Kingston, Canada
Joined Jun 2004
12,911 Posts
It need not be sitting level. As long as it's sitting stationary while it enitiates. Sit's vertical in my Pogo and works fine.

Gord.
flypaper 2 is offline Find More Posts by flypaper 2
Old Oct 19, 2014, 07:36 PM
It's electrric!
United States, NC, Greensboro
Joined Dec 2009
36 Posts
I just hooked up my independent Stabilizer for the first time, and it seems like it is not taking in any control signals. It powers up, the servos respond to the gyros appropriately, but stick movements do not affect the control surfaces. If I bang on the sticks, I get some wild extreme movements from the servos, but nothing normal.

I've tested the output of the receiver with a servo, and it responds, but it is as if the OrangeRX does not I have male to male servo extensions going in between the receiver and OrangeRX module.

Has anyone come across this problem before?
electrric is online now Find More Posts by electrric
Old Oct 20, 2014, 02:59 AM
Australia, NSW, Balgowlah Heights
Joined May 2013
434 Posts
Is it V2.1
farrari is offline Find More Posts by farrari
Old Oct 20, 2014, 06:26 AM
It's electrric!
Joined Dec 2009
36 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by farrari View Post
Is it V2.1
Yes! V2 with V2.1 firmware.

Edit:
I have a Dragonlink system running through a Turnigy 9x. The turnigy 9x is not an issue, because I tried it through a Futaba radio with the same results.

Servos work directly connected through the Rx. Connected through the gyro, I can only control them if I bang on the sticks. Even then, the movments are not controlled and they are to either extreme. The gyro control does work, however.
Last edited by electrric; Oct 20, 2014 at 05:57 PM. Reason: More info, don't want to double post.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 02:37 AM
Australia, NSW, Balgowlah Heights
Joined May 2013
434 Posts
OK, I ask because I have both the V2 with older firmware 2.0 and the new firmware 2.1
The old ones worked on all my HK TX/RX
The new ones ONLY work on some HK TX/RX.
I have emailed HK re this.
On there site of this product, many others using 2.1 firmware are having same issues.
I recently bought from a RC person some old ones (that are new ) so I can use them on my other HK TX/RX
Have a look at the HK site for this product.
farrari is offline Find More Posts by farrari
Old Oct 21, 2014, 05:14 PM
It's electrric!
Joined Dec 2009
36 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by farrari View Post
OK, I ask because I have both the V2 with older firmware 2.0 and the new firmware 2.1
The old ones worked on all my HK TX/RX
The new ones ONLY work on some HK TX/RX.
I have emailed HK re this.
On there site of this product, many others using 2.1 firmware are having same issues.
I recently bought from a RC person some old ones (that are new ) so I can use them on my other HK TX/RX
Have a look at the HK site for this product.
Well that's disappointing. Thanks for the information.