SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 10, 2012, 01:16 AM
Hungary, Budapest
Joined Feb 2011
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by andur View Post
About the european shipping costs of aliexpress: I asked one of the sellers for free shipping and they said OK! I know many countries are not included but it's worth asking! I didn't end up ordering from them but I did get a positive reply from a seller saying they would ship for free.
Thanks for the info, I will try it.
dombokfelett is offline Find More Posts by dombokfelett
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 10, 2012, 01:22 AM
Hungary, Budapest
Joined Feb 2011
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribble View Post
If you are using the stock V911 battery charger, then you use what you have and don't worry about it.

My guess is that you have changed the way you fly and the V911 has completed a breakin period. Or you modified something.
Yes, I use the stock charger and as far as I remember I fly the same way as the fist week. I got these flight times outside (/w higher throttle) and inside (almost just hovering) too.

I tried a hobby charger (acucell 6) but dosesn't seem to make any difference with the turnigy batteries capacity (about 120mAh)...

Anyway, thanks your reply
Old Apr 10, 2012, 01:25 AM
Hungary, Budapest
Joined Feb 2011
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del-Dredd View Post
Quick charging on Lipo's means anything over 1C (charging at the capacity of battery), for the V911 cells that means over 120mA or 130mA depending on battery type.

The Charger that comes with the Heli must charge at 2C (240ma or there abouts) to charge your batteries in approx half and hour.

The only lipo's i have for my various fixed wing aircraft that get charged at 2C sometimes are LoongMax Tipples which are rated for 5C charge, although i dont charge at that to prolong life.

When i charge my heli batteries on proper charger i charge 4 in parallel at 200mA, the charger always drops to to lower level as batteries near 3/4 charge in any case.

Reduction in flight time may mean your motor is on the way out, does it get hot, on mine main motor stays cool to touch and tail motor barley warm, stays cold if fly outdoors. Could even be hairs on shaft producing drag.
I will check my motor temp at the end of my next flight. And check if there is any fur on the main shaft (because I live with 3 cats )
Old Apr 10, 2012, 01:31 AM
Hungary, Budapest
Joined Feb 2011
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by new rc heli View Post
Are you letting your batteries cool down after each flight. With Lipo's you should give them at least 15 minutes minimum before recharging. Lipo's will reduce in time if they are charged while still warm.
usualy I wait about 1-2 hours between flight and recharge, but thanks the idea. Maybe it is some kind of motor problem or so
Old Apr 10, 2012, 01:49 AM
Joined Mar 2012
51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SG Mason Knives View Post
the actual booms are the same length, but the motor holder is offset to the rear on the new one by a fair amount. If you need to get a new tail motor be sure to get the new tail motor holder and you will be fine. Its not like they are super expensive.
Thanks, I shall order the tail holder (not the old but new hopefully) along next time. Anyway,this is real nasty as the market still consists of old & new stock
v911 both with different tail setup. The seller should atleast edit the title/description so ppl can take note
Sleep is offline Find More Posts by Sleep
Last edited by Sleep; Apr 10, 2012 at 01:51 AM. Reason: editing
Old Apr 10, 2012, 02:16 AM
Crash and learn
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apphoard View Post
If its a mode2 I am going to order another also.
Did WL-Toys ever make a V911 mode 1. The only reports of mode 1 that I remember were from people who were confused with the LCD display.
Ribble is offline Find More Posts by Ribble
Old Apr 10, 2012, 02:53 AM
Crash and learn
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SG Mason Knives View Post
the actual booms are the same length, but the motor holder is offset to the rear on the new one by a fair amount. If you need to get a new tail motor be sure to get the new tail motor holder and you will be fine. Its not like they are super expensive.
SG Mason Knives - Good eye. I agree. And without measuring tools, I am not sure that the new tail motor is shorter. Now it looks thicker. I need new glasses.
Ribble is offline Find More Posts by Ribble
Old Apr 10, 2012, 06:24 AM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dombokfelett View Post
I tried a hobby charger (acucell 6) but dosesn't seem to make any difference with the turnigy batteries capacity (about 120mAh)...
once a battery is damaged using a different charger will not "repair" it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dombokfelett View Post
I got these flight times outside (/w higher throttle) and inside (almost just hovering) too.
cold weather can cut flight time in half. this is normal and is not permanent. you need to try again in warm temperature.
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993
Old Apr 10, 2012, 06:28 AM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2009
3,229 Posts
Quote:
Did WL-Toys ever make a V911 mode 1. The only reports of mode 1 that I remember were from people who were confused with the LCD display.
I saw someone posted a picture of mode 1 TX before. It looked like the same mode 2 circuit board mod'ded for mode 1 by cutting tracks and rewiring the pots and trims.

Mode 1 should be rare if you can find it, probably through special order.
Wasp09 is online now Find More Posts by Wasp09
Old Apr 10, 2012, 06:51 AM
Joined Apr 2012
4 Posts
Quote:
You ordered from y'allstore? So you did not find out what mode it was then? Because I couldn't. Let us know how it goes and what mode the Heli is and what color. If its a mode2 I am going to order another also.
Yep, ordered from y'allstore; $47.50 with free 1-week delivery seemed like a decent deal, at least for the impatient. I did not confirm color or mode. Figured I'd take a chance. I'll update when it arrives.

I ordered Thursday night. Ebay estimated a Monday delivery, but it looks like it took the seller a couple days to ship. Might come today, but I suspect tomorrow is more likely.
hunter186 is offline Find More Posts by hunter186
Old Apr 10, 2012, 06:54 AM
Joined Mar 2011
462 Posts
Quote:
I thought I saw somewhere one was listed as mode1. Or that you could choose at checkout. I could be mistaken though.

Yallstore in NY on eBay replied that the red Heli they have is mode2. I'm ordering another one from them.

My genius will finally get a break. By the looks of things I think I went way wrong not starting with the 911.
Apphoard is offline Find More Posts by Apphoard
Last edited by Apphoard; Apr 10, 2012 at 07:10 AM.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 06:59 AM
Joined Mar 2012
13 Posts
Hi Guys, silly question so i apologise in advance, but i haven't been able to find the answer to the following: what is the difference between the BNF and RTF versions of the v911 besides the obvious of one comes with a TX? Is there any other differences or are they the exact same heli?

Thinking of buying a second as i love this machine. My first ever RC Heli and loving the v911. Its stable, nimble and a lot of fun. Clocked up 2 hours of flight time and just moving on from hovering to circle work...awesome fun.
a_novice is offline Find More Posts by a_novice
Old Apr 10, 2012, 07:09 AM
Joined Mar 2011
462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter186 View Post
Yep, ordered from y'allstore; $47.50 with free 1-week delivery seemed like a decent deal, at least for the impatient. I did not confirm color or mode. Figured I'd take a chance. I'll update when it arrives.

I ordered Thursday night. Ebay estimated a Monday delivery, but it looks like it took the seller a couple days to ship. Might come today, but I suspect tomorrow is more likely.
Where are you in the US? I am also impatient and doing the same thing.
Apphoard is offline Find More Posts by Apphoard
Old Apr 10, 2012, 07:32 AM
Joined Apr 2012
4 Posts
Quote:
Where are you in the US? I am also impatient and doing the same thing.
I'm in Albany NY, so it should be a pretty short delivery. USPS Priority tracking shows that the package was accepted yesterday, and I'm guessing it'll get here today or tomorrow.
hunter186 is offline Find More Posts by hunter186
Old Apr 10, 2012, 07:36 AM
Belgium
Joined Dec 2011
624 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_novice View Post
Hi Guys, silly question so i apologise in advance, but i haven't been able to find the answer to the following: what is the difference between the BNF and RTF versions of the v911 besides the obvious of one comes with a TX? Is there any other differences or are they the exact same heli?

Thinking of buying a second as i love this machine. My first ever RC Heli and loving the v911. Its stable, nimble and a lot of fun. Clocked up 2 hours of flight time and just moving on from hovering to circle work...awesome fun.
There might be a difference in version (different tail motor mount, newer pcb...), but it is essentially the same heli in both packages, all BNF v911 should bind to any standard V911 TX, and accept all standard V911 batteries
cgpirre is offline Find More Posts by cgpirre