SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 28, 2012, 08:31 AM
United States, VT, Rutland
Joined Dec 2011
537 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetis View Post
Why don't ask your fellow X-350 seller? Start from message #232.
You have posted some good observations and info. That's good.
Billbo has posted some good observations and info. and not been "pushy" as a salesman, imho. That's good.
You seem to have a vendetta against Billbo. Not good.
Brian VT is offline Find More Posts by Brian VT
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 28, 2012, 09:35 AM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
1,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian VT View Post
You have posted some good observations and info. That's good.
Billbo has posted some good observations and info. and not been "pushy" as a salesman, imho. That's good.
You seem to have a vendetta against Billbo. Not good.
A consultive salesman is the one who creates "trust" based on facts about its products and services in his portfolio and not based upon unfounded personal opinions. Since, I have invested(and still investing) a lot of time and money into the subject matter I cannot accept personal opinions as an official corporate product replacement (unless he proves me wrong by providing proof). No vendetta at all, it is all about my money and yours if you own one or you will buy one in the near future.
Thetis is offline Find More Posts by Thetis
Old Feb 28, 2012, 09:56 AM
United States, VT, Rutland
Joined Dec 2011
537 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetis View Post
No vendetta at all...
I know you have pointed out discrepancies. Good info. that we appreciate.
Your post that I quoted seems to go beyond that and seemed a bit "snide". jmho.
Brian VT is offline Find More Posts by Brian VT
Old Feb 28, 2012, 10:09 AM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
1,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian VT View Post
I know you have pointed out discrepancies. Good info. that we appreciate.
Your post that I quoted seems to go beyond that and seemed a bit "snide". jmho.
Your opinion, but not "snide" at all if it will affect anyone's next purchase (money $239 vs $199).
Old Feb 28, 2012, 10:15 AM
Staying Frosty
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Feb 2008
2,964 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billbo1970 View Post
Something IS wrong, this guy is actually LOSING money on each sale. I'm going to show that link to my sales rep & see if he's getting his stuff from Global or importing his own containers.
You should really look at the bulk options on this model. I doubt he's loosing money, just taking the walmart approach and making a little off each sale focusing instead on volume.

I'm curious where you found out there was a version 1 and version 2. I get a call every week from global rep, so will ask when he calls this week for our order.
Hellsiege is offline Find More Posts by Hellsiege
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Construction Projects - Updated
Old Feb 28, 2012, 10:49 AM
Split S
United States, CA, Rancho Santa Margarita
Joined Jul 2006
2,035 Posts
Be nice to the Local Hobby Shop. Come now guys. He is not a villain. The hobby shop Is probably the closest connection you have to getting accurate information from a manufacture or distributor. There is no sense in attacking someone for trying to provide information that one thinks is accurate. Save the energy for the trolls of the forum.

Back to the subject at hand.......

Nice find on the body! Odd looking...LOL but someone did it! I wonder if a Trex body or something will fit the heli.........
TimJohnson is offline Find More Posts by TimJohnson
Old Feb 28, 2012, 10:57 AM
Fellow Enthusiast
Long Island, NY
Joined Jun 2007
479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellsiege View Post
You should really look at the bulk options on this model. I doubt he's loosing money, just taking the walmart approach and making a little off each sale focusing instead on volume.

I'm curious where you found out there was a version 1 and version 2. I get a call every week from global rep, so will ask when he calls this week for our order.
This is a Global Hobbies exclusive, you cannot import them yourself. If this guy IS, then he can be sued by Global. The BULK price at Global is $180 on a purchase of 12 or more pieces. He's selling them for $199 w/free shipping... he's losing money.

By the way, how many dealers are willing to tell you their actual cost on an item?!

I'm an enthusiast as much as I am a businessman. I run a very small, home-based online shop, but I offer top-tier customer service & try to be as helpful as possible on these message boards. You will get better service from me than you will from 99% of the other online vendors out there.

Also, he states he only has 2 in stock. I could be wrong about this, I'm only speculating, but.. how much would you like to bet he doesn't really have ANY, and then when his re-order comes in the price is magically higher & he offers a refund if you are not willing to pay for the increase.... basically a cheap loan at no interest for him.

Anyway, if you search around this forum you will see I very rarely try to 'sell' anything here, I mainly offer information, opinions, and if you look at the Foam-Tac thread you will see I work with that manufacturer & the people who actually use the product to help improve it.

Regards,
Bill
billbo1970 is offline Find More Posts by billbo1970
Old Feb 28, 2012, 11:00 AM
Fellow Enthusiast
Long Island, NY
Joined Jun 2007
479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimJohnson View Post
Be nice to the Local Hobby Shop. Come now guys. He is not a villain. The hobby shop Is probably the closest connection you have to getting accurate information from a manufacture or distributor. There is no sense in attacking someone for trying to provide information that one thinks is accurate. Save the energy for the trolls of the forum.

Back to the subject at hand.......

Nice find on the body! Odd looking...LOL but someone did it! I wonder if a Trex body or something will fit the heli.........
There is a legitimate Military version of this coming in 2~3 months. I don't know if it's a body unique for Global, or if it will be THIS one. When I find out for sure I will let you all know.

Regards,
Bill
Old Feb 28, 2012, 11:14 AM
Staying Frosty
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Feb 2008
2,964 Posts
Hmmm, I'm not calling you out on your pricing or attacking you. Just explaining how I think he's able to do it at that price. Your selling yours at full retail, good for you, to each his own. We all run our businesses differently. I sell all mine locally and the locals love a co-ax that can fly outside. I also sell for retail at my shop, FYI.

I'm just more curious about this version 1 and version 2 - where did you get this info? I'm wondering if the 2-3 I have on hard are 1's or 2's and how to check. I've also had zero of these come back with malfunctioning components, hot motors or the like. Unusual too as the Colorado altitude usually works every model 20-25% harder.

*edit*
Oh and on the Dealer cost question... not many - even you weren't entirely forthcoming on all the details I'm not your typical dealer either. I only run my LHS to compete with Hobby Town. Don't really care about making a profit (as long as expenses are covered), just enjoy seeing soldiers who come back to states NOT get robbed when they have a bunch of cash and want a cool toy to play with...
Hellsiege is offline Find More Posts by Hellsiege
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Construction Projects - Updated
Old Feb 28, 2012, 11:46 AM
Fellow Enthusiast
Long Island, NY
Joined Jun 2007
479 Posts
Quote:
Hmmm, I'm not calling you out on your pricing or attacking you. Just explaining how I think he's able to do it at that price.
He's NOT able to sell it at that price and make a profit... even if he bought it at bulk, that's $180ea. You've seen the size of the box it comes in, there is no way he's shipping it for less than lets say $13 on average. Then add to that the cost of packing materials & labels, we're adding about another $4, for a total of $197 HIS cost. He's making $3ea???

If he's buying them in onesies & twosies, then his cost is $188ea plus incoming shipping costs... which means he's LOSING $5 on each sale.

If you sell these yourself, then you can verify that my numbers are accurate.

Regarding the differences, I was not provided with any details from Global & I have not had time to contact EF yet to find out what they are exactly.

Quote:
I'm just more curious about this version 1 and version 2 - where did you get this info? I'm wondering if the 2-3 I have on hard are 1's or 2's and how to check.
The 1st Generation is the X350-5A1, and the new ones are X350-5A2.

Regards,
Bill
Last edited by billbo1970; Feb 28, 2012 at 11:55 AM. Reason: typon on Gen2 model number
Old Feb 28, 2012, 01:33 PM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
1,044 Posts
Quote:

The 1st Generation is the X350-5A1, and the new ones are X350-5A2.

Regards,
Bill
Bill, sorry, but I am confused and for my own curiosity do you have a picture of the X350-5A1? The first one I bought on 01/01/2012 and its replacement on 02/14/2014 are X350-5A2. See pics below with the date stamps. In addition, see the verification of conformity from Extreme Flyers, dated 2011/12/08. Was an X350-5A1 sold before the X350-5A2?
Old Feb 28, 2012, 01:39 PM
Fellow Enthusiast
Long Island, NY
Joined Jun 2007
479 Posts
You have 5A2's, the 5A1 was older than that, not sure when the switch happened... why don't you call Global & ask them these questions?

5A1 Video
Old Feb 28, 2012, 02:02 PM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
1,044 Posts
Quote:
You have 5A2's, the 5A1 was older than that, not sure when the switch happened... why don't you call Global & ask them these questions?

5A1 Video
Thanks
Old Feb 28, 2012, 06:16 PM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimJohnson View Post
LOL someone found a good deal! go go go!!!

YEP, and only 2 left in stock, somebody needs to jump on this deal before it's gone.
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
Old Feb 28, 2012, 10:03 PM
Split S
United States, CA, Rancho Santa Margarita
Joined Jul 2006
2,035 Posts
Okay guys come on...Please stop. It does not look good for anyone to be talking about dealer costs and such. Or to argue over pricing and who has what.

Lets argue about what color to paint our replacement bodies.

I talked to the Aircraft Product Manager at Global, Mike Greenshields today. He informed me that Extreme flyers are doing running changes to the heli. Things like blade stops and better ability for backward flight.

Mike is currently testing the "Military" body version of the X350.
TimJohnson is offline Find More Posts by TimJohnson