SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 05, 2012, 04:54 AM
Romania, Bucuresti, Bucharest
Joined Dec 2010
66 Posts
2,4ghz diy booster.

It is based on RF2126 chip. Unlike the Chinese 1W boosters on the market this is more reliable. Why?
The boosters on market are too sensitive input for an RC radio output. These are to be used in Wi-Fi domain where the RF power is lower. That’s why the RF final stage is pushed to its limits, and the smallest antenna mismatch cause the final stage burning. The advantage of our booster is that it has variable output power and it is kept in safe limits (1.3W max) and we are using it set it at about 800-1000mW. And this is safe for using it.
There is an disadvantage though… our booster is not bi-directional. That’s why we don't use Frsky telemetry, we work in V8 mode.

For the moment we we’ll give up using the standard video TX and we will build our vTX based just on module. This will weight about 15 gr. Also we’ll remove the RP-SMA connector.
costi_n is offline Find More Posts by costi_n
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 05, 2012, 05:01 AM
Kiwi in Germany
Germany
Joined Jun 2010
2,282 Posts
I was looking to build my own board as well. Are you willing to share how to make your board (what is needed)?
whakahere is online now Find More Posts by whakahere
Old Mar 05, 2012, 05:14 AM
Joined Sep 2010
2,414 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whakahere View Post
I was looking to build my own board as well. Are you willing to share how to make your board (what is needed)?
Same here ...would very much like to hear about this ..Man I would like to build this...I always wanted that 2.4ghz RC would become a good frequency for fpv vehicle control..And now my wishes became true . Would you start a new thread about this diy booster?

Where did you buy the RF2126 chip?
msev is offline Find More Posts by msev
Last edited by msev; Mar 05, 2012 at 05:20 AM.
Old Mar 05, 2012, 05:18 AM
Joined Dec 2010
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whakahere View Post
yes, I will share this when I will finish. In this moment it's only on PC
Old Mar 05, 2012, 05:22 AM
Joined Dec 2010
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by msev View Post
Same here ...would very much like to hear about this ..Man I would like to build this.

Where did you buy the RF2126 chip?
I think that whakahere refers to 5,8ghz vtx design.

I have RF2126 from ebay
Old Mar 05, 2012, 05:24 AM
Joined Sep 2010
2,414 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by costi_n View Post
I think that whakahere refers to 5,8ghz vtx design.

I have RF2126 from ebay
And I'm reffering to the booster...Would you help me build it? (tell me the parts and connections maybe if you have a schematic?) - I downloaded the datasheet already.
Old Mar 05, 2012, 05:49 AM
Joined Dec 2010
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by msev View Post
And I'm reffering to the booster...Would you help me build it? (tell me the parts and connections maybe if you have a schematic?) - I downloaded the datasheet already.
Follow this link. You have all information.
http://www.zero13wireless.net/foro/s...reless-1-Watio

sorry for off topic
Old Mar 05, 2012, 05:57 AM
Joined Sep 2010
2,414 Posts
Thank you very much costi! Sorry guys for the off topic, I will stop now
Old Mar 05, 2012, 07:53 AM
Always soldering
Joined Dec 2011
234 Posts
Congratulations again Costi_n and Futurebrezze what a great job!!!

Impressive!

Very interesting what you guys are doing!

Thanks for share this and keep coming your tests and DIY work please!!!

I wish you all the best for the future tests!!!

Martin
Martinba77 is offline Find More Posts by Martinba77
Old Mar 05, 2012, 08:22 AM
Joined Feb 2011
466 Posts
futurebreeze what chanel did you use?

greetings
V_Okto is offline Find More Posts by V_Okto
Old Mar 05, 2012, 10:07 AM
Always soldering
Joined Dec 2011
234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peril View Post
I just received my new 5.8G 200mw vTx in the mail, and I noticed something strange.

Am I missing a component? Can someone confirm I have a faulty vTX here??

Compare the image from this site to my one at the bottom.

Can someone confirm?

The same on mine. Works OK but I did not perform a range test by the moment, only bench testing and to say 50-60 meters on the backyard trying DIY antenna builds.

Im using only 10mW version off this ATM.

Im going to order and solder the capacitor when I have some spare time.

Martin
Martinba77 is offline Find More Posts by Martinba77
Old Mar 05, 2012, 10:19 AM
FPV addicted
Romania, Bucharest
Joined Jul 2010
422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by V_Okto View Post
futurebreeze what chanel did you use?

greetings
I used channel 1, 5705mHz
futurebreeze is offline Find More Posts by futurebreeze
Old Mar 05, 2012, 10:22 AM
Engineer for Christ
Amherst, VA
Joined Jun 2006
10,453 Posts
@Costi and futurebreeze - That stinks about the plane. The worst feeling is when you lose an airplane. Still, you absolutely smashed the current record. I hope you had your information on the plane and it makes it back into your hands.

In most cases, an airplane will be found no further away from it's las known coordinates than its altitude. This is because the plane tends to bank and spiral down. If I were you, I'd put up flyers around the neighborhood. That worked for me when I landed 7km out and couldn't find the plane.

-Alex
IBCrazy is offline Find More Posts by IBCrazy
Old Mar 05, 2012, 10:40 AM
FPV addicted
Romania, Bucharest
Joined Jul 2010
422 Posts
You didn't put our info on the plane, I wanted to make something crazy (not IBCrazy ) so I just took off. In that day I had a few RC glitches due to the bad antenna orientation and the plane started banking on one side. It could happened what you've said and the plane could be near the 18km area. Luckily, in that area there is an local RC club and many regular people around that small town would know what to do with a lost plane. Costin thought about flyers but right now I am very very busy and I can't waste any minute.
Anyway, this won't stop us, today I have ordered another EZ (version 1) .
futurebreeze is offline Find More Posts by futurebreeze
Old Mar 05, 2012, 12:15 PM
Joined Dec 2010
66 Posts
helix fine tunning

Hello guys. I wanna show you a simple method to tune your helix if you already have a SWR-meter or a professional VNA. For me that method works. I tuned the helix for a 1:1.2 SWR which is very good for a DIY antenna .
After building the antenna from mictronics thread on FPVlab

http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread....Y-5.8GHz-Helix

I found that is very difficult to move the wave trap to the first turn to find the best match. I tried for several times, I found the best place for wave trap, but after secured the solder, the match was gone so...I cut a little piece of FR4 board, about 3X4mm, put down on the reflector under first turn and move slowly forward and backward to find the best match. Pay attention not to touch the turn with FR4 board piece. If you are still not able to find the best match try to move the feed point higher or lower. For me that method worked.
Last edited by costi_n; Mar 05, 2012 at 01:07 PM.