HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 23, 2012, 11:19 PM
Quadrophenia
Seattle
Joined Mar 2009
915 Posts
What ESCs are those? Reset to factory and try again?

I think you are not waiting long enough between 4 and 5, but don't wait too long because then you will go into the next set of configurable params. Wait for one more beep before putting stick down. Lke this:

How to set RC Heli ESC Throttle End Points (1 min 45 sec)

Regardless, test by removing props, arm and throttle up slowly. If all motors spin at the same time, you did good. If not, you may need to increase MINTHROTTLE from 1120 to like 1220 in config.h. Or, you didn't calibrate correctly. I calibrated correctly one time but needed to up the MINTHROTTLE constant and then everything was good. It helps to have a harness (which has been included in my Quadrino boards from Witespy) that allows all four ESCs to be calibrated at the same time. I have an extra one, if you want it, PM me your address.

e
egaus is offline Find More Posts by egaus
Last edited by egaus; Jul 23, 2012 at 11:35 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 23, 2012, 11:39 PM
Habitual Line Stepper
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Dec 2011
698 Posts
They are the ones that came with my Witespy BNF 450. The invoice said "Advance 20A ESC's". The backups, were supposed to be the same type, but they have an 18A sticker on them and look different. And they react different: There is no melody at step 4), they just go right into the beeps. I'll try like you showed tomorrow and see if I get different results. Thanks
Cervanchez is offline Find More Posts by Cervanchez
Old Jul 23, 2012, 11:40 PM
Habitual Line Stepper
Joined Dec 2011
698 Posts
I have a programming card also, and tried to reset them back to factory settings with that since I thought I might have inadvertently changed the settings, but still having the same problem.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 11:43 PM
Some call me the other guy!
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,474 Posts
I have 3 18 amp and 1 30 amp.
They are all DJI so they are fine being two different amperage.
If they are from the same maufacturer then you are good.
But he would have sent you a new one that works well with what you had already.
You can drop witespy an email, double checking.
DoctorAudio is online now Find More Posts by DoctorAudio
Old Jul 23, 2012, 11:46 PM
Quadrophenia
Seattle
Joined Mar 2009
915 Posts
I think those are Hobbywing or Plush ESCs, not sure if that is still correct but they should be similar to Plush:

The motor should beep a 1 2 3 beep followed by two short beeps. Immediately after the two short beeps, put the throttle stick down all the way, the motors should make 3 short beeps (representing the 3 cells of the battery) and then finally make a 1 long beep, indicating that the throttle range has been set (calibrated).

I think Paul pre-calibrates using Spektrum TX so most people don't even need to calibrate, but should anyway. It would be nice if he included one of the instruction sheets for the ESCs with the quad, mine did not come with this useful info so I can see how it is easy to become confused. I've always hated trying to mess with ESCs and their stupid beeping sequences.

e
Old Jul 23, 2012, 11:54 PM
USA, OR, Hillsboro
Joined Feb 2011
414 Posts
Yes leave throttle in learn mode a little longer and see if you get another beep.
that is the way my Hobby Wings work. Sounds like you are just getting the initial start up beeps then lowering the throttle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by egaus View Post
What ESCs are those? Reset to factory and try again?

I think you are not waiting long enough between 4 and 5, but don't wait too long because then you will go into the next set of configurable params. Wait for one more beep before putting stick down. Lke this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcJTWCttO8U

e
jsflyrv is online now Find More Posts by jsflyrv
Old Jul 24, 2012, 12:03 AM
Quadrophenia
Seattle
Joined Mar 2009
915 Posts
Did you get these:

http://witespyquad.gostorego.com/spe...ultirotor.html

?

If you did, be happy and do what the poster above suggests.

e
Old Jul 24, 2012, 06:43 AM
FPV addict
Joined Mar 2011
1,208 Posts
Quote:
You should dial up the rates on MW Config for flips. I'm using like .7 (MW 2.0 - to the right of the PIDs for roll/pitch). It will be faster so you don't lose as much altitude. .7 is moderately fast, it gets way faster. Way fun.

e
It's a .61 right now, I'll give .7 a try and see how it does.
Sniperp is offline Find More Posts by Sniperp
Old Jul 24, 2012, 07:05 AM
Habitual Line Stepper
Joined Dec 2011
698 Posts
Quote:
Did you get these:

http://witespyquad.gostorego.com/spe...ultirotor.html

?

If you did, be happy and do what the poster above suggests.

e
No its not those. I don't even see them on either HT or Witespyquad.com anymore. I got them back in the end of 2011. I've attached my invoice and a pic. I also found the manual for the programming card and it does look like they are different because it says they respond differently to programming. That still doesn't explain the calibration beeps, but I will try what you guys suggested. I'll also try emailing Witespy. Thanks for the input.
Last edited by Cervanchez; Jul 24, 2012 at 08:27 AM.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 08:25 AM
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,474 Posts
Dude, always
black out your full name and address.
It is for your safety, there is trolls on here. Also prankers.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 08:28 AM
Habitual Line Stepper
Joined Dec 2011
698 Posts
Whoops, thanks. Oh well, at least I don't live there anymore
Old Jul 24, 2012, 08:30 AM
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,474 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cervanchez View Post
Whoops, thanks. Oh well, at least I don't live there anymore
I got your number now.

Hello there, sir.
Is your fridge running?
LOL!
I am just joking.
Be safe, allways.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 08:44 AM
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,474 Posts
Here you go!
Also Colin said, that he will change out all of the chips on the rev 1E boards.
If the customer wants to change it out.
Last edited by DoctorAudio; Jul 24, 2012 at 11:39 AM.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 12:49 PM
Joined Jul 2012
84 Posts
OK I have an issue with my board dated 04-2012 twice it has flipped the quad from a stable hover. Once with in a minute after lift off the other about 4min into a flight. Both times the RH motors reved uncontrolably. After this the board would not arm and acted like it was hooked to the PC through the usb. After a hook up to the PC the board behaved normally until the next incident. At that point I grounded it. This was on a Witespy RTF quad. I have had no luck with communication from Paul. Can I send this board directly some where(if so where) or does it have to go back to Paul?
Flyitall. is offline Find More Posts by Flyitall.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 12:52 PM
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,474 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyitall. View Post
OK I have an issue with my board dated 04-2012 twice it has flipped the quad from a stable hover. Once with in a minute after lift off the other about 4min into a flight. Both times the RH motors reved uncontrolably. After this the board would not arm and acted like it was hooked to the PC through the usb. After a hook up to the PC the board behaved normally until the next incident. At that point I grounded it. This was on a Witespy RTF quad. I have had no luck with communication from Paul. Can I send this board directly some where(if so where) or does it have to go back to Paul?
Yes contact (guru_florida)!