HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 13, 2014, 11:26 PM
Joined Dec 2005
9 Posts
Discussion
Exceed F18 70mm

I really like this plane, flies very good with a 3300 4s 45c. The problem I am having is on the ground. The narrow main retracts seem to lean go on one and won't stay straight. I took great care to center the nose wheel and I put low rates to minimal so I wouldn't oversteer. Anyone have the same problem? Tow out or In help? I have been excellerating as slow as possible so it doesn't torque lean. I am leaving aileron neutral with no input until rotation. Haven't tried slight down elevator on excelleration. Tired of running off the runway on excelleration. Any Help would be greatly appreciated.
cprice is offline Find More Posts by cprice
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 12, 2014, 04:29 PM
United States, PA, Pittsburgh
Joined Aug 2006
140 Posts
Lots of expo on nose steering and toe in on mains

Quote:
Originally Posted by cprice View Post
I really like this plane, flies very good with a 3300 4s 45c. The problem I am having is on the ground. The narrow main retracts seem to lean go on one and won't stay straight. I took great care to center the nose wheel and I put low rates to minimal so I wouldn't oversteer. Anyone have the same problem? Tow out or In help? I have been excellerating as slow as possible so it doesn't torque lean. I am leaving aileron neutral with no input until rotation. Haven't tried slight down elevator on excelleration. Tired of running off the runway on excelleration. Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

I actually re-did the main gear mounts , so the gear are angle out more and I screwed the ball links closer togeher so when the gear is compressed you get the most wide stance betweeen the wheels, I've been flying mine with modded full slats and flaps, and full flying stabs. My favorite model. Just be very careful to not oversteer on take off, I gun my throttle and let the air stream keep her straight. And be careful you don't fly on dirty runway, as the nose wheels will kick pepples into your intakes !!!!!!
poochies is offline Find More Posts by poochies
Old Sep 12, 2014, 04:38 PM
Joined Dec 2013
2,638 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cprice View Post
Have you thought about handlaunching it ?? Very easy if you have the powerplant...on 4s it is anaemic off the ground...I got sick & tired regarding the crap struts folding ...those ball links binding & took forever to rog because of small wheels so I put in a Lander 72mm 5-blade setup on 7s...lol...WOW...does it haul A$$...It goes like the clappers & vertical almost unlimited...Also with the cheater hole it sounds like a screaming turbine...
HellHathNoFury is online now Find More Posts by HellHathNoFury