HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 03, 2014, 03:47 PM
United States, IN, Carmel
Joined Jan 2008
2,551 Posts
The yellow anti-vibration mount is here and installed.

For my light TBS clone quad P66 and I8 in NAV works good. Very stable position hold. Returns quick to position when wind gusts push it and only 2-3 gentle oscillations when poked with fast manual input.

Very satisfied with my DOS!

/Dimitris
Dimitris76 is online now Find More Posts by Dimitris76
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 10, 2014, 02:58 PM
United Kingdom, Abingdon
Joined Dec 2012
34 Posts
problem with X8R receiver and fy-DOS

I have an X8r which i use with my taranis.
I have found i cannot arm the FY-dos using my X8r reciever
however if i plug in an old spektrum RX and connect to my taranis i have full control.
Sometimes (rarely) i am able to arm the dos with the x8r if i dissconnect it, arm with spektrum then unplug spektrum and plug in fy-dos?
i have no idea what is going on with this thing?????????

i have used it both with the plane firmware and multirotor fw
IT seems to work with the fixed wing fw but not the other.

i have howeer switched to using the old RX which as asked is spektrum and yes my taranis has both.
it has worked just fine with many models and the board will work with the d8r v2 and the d6r both of which are frsky but will not work with the x8r.
JaredReabow is offline Find More Posts by JaredReabow
Old Sep 10, 2014, 03:02 PM
United Kingdom, Abingdon
Joined Dec 2012
34 Posts
UPDATE
i have now switched to my older d8r RX
the board arms and functions but i have an issue with flight.
I can take off and have some very minimal controls but overall the copter barely responds to my inputs. i have set rc gain to about double its original and P and I to maximum
the copter sloppily flys along and will not correct itself enouph to not crash.

I am using 4 800KV motors at 4s with 12" props
JaredReabow is offline Find More Posts by JaredReabow
Old Sep 24, 2014, 01:32 PM
Czech Republic, Pardubice Region, Králíky
Joined Aug 2009
37 Posts
I was of his FY-DOS totally stressed. in ATTI mode (via the OSD HORNET RC mode), I flew with my TBS Discovery absolutely great. If I did not switch to GPS mode (using the OSD HORNET ABM mode), copter was not able to completely hold the position and if I would not switch to ATTI mode, so it ended accidents. RTH mode has been completely broken, and the same results as GPS mode. I needed test my clowerleaf antennas for FPV flights and therefore I needed functional RTH mode for a safe return.

What I have therefore focused?

The first GPS module and its wiring. Cabling I swapped for shielded cable. Ground (minus pol) I joined at the connector to the shield.

Second unit integrated compass in FY-DOS. The unit is in an aluminum housing and is secured with 2 pieces of metal screws. First I unmagnetized screwdriver, which I unscrewed the 2 screws. You then also unmagnetized. For unmagnetized I used solder lug.

FY-DOS unit is mounted on a flexible double-sided tape.

Then followed all test modes. At the beginning I made six ring in GPS mode and landings performed after reset gyro. Then tests were performed different flight modes (ATTI, GPS and RTH).

- ATTI mode is perfect, as before.

- GPS mode was absolutely fascinating copter held the position perfectly. In gusty winds up to 10m / s, it was something fantastic.
- RTH mode also absolutely fantastic in gusty winds up to 10m / s copter with beautifully turned and headed for home and landed point 2 m from the starting point.

I do not know which of the above adjustments was decisive but the result is fantastic.

I use 4 x 980kV motors and propellers Graupner 10x5 Eprop. I use P 66 and I9 in NAV setting
Standas is offline Find More Posts by Standas