SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 09, 2012, 11:46 AM
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Joined Dec 2007
1,482 Posts
Since moving to OH from NY, I've never been back to the WRAM show.

Don't waste your time/money
RyanNX211 is offline Find More Posts by RyanNX211
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 09, 2012, 11:46 AM
USA, NJ, Mullica Hill
Joined Dec 2004
84 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
I have never been to the WRAM show before. I might look into that.
This will be the second year in NJ at the Meadowlands Expo Center. It is a lot bigger and better than it has been in years past. One of the bigger venues in the Northeast. It maybe worth your while.

Here is the link for info http://www.wram.org/show_details.html

Hope you decide to make it.
thebluemax is offline Find More Posts by thebluemax
Old Dec 09, 2012, 11:52 AM
Inciting Riots
Joined Dec 2006
9,687 Posts
I would make a suggestion about the website. Instead of removing discontinued products I would move them to a discontinued products page so people that may buy used devices or may want to look back on the products can still find them.
village_idiot is offline Find More Posts by village_idiot
Old Dec 09, 2012, 11:56 AM
USA, NJ, Mullica Hill
Joined Dec 2004
84 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanNX211 View Post
Since moving to OH from NY, I've never been back to the WRAM show.

Don't waste your time/money

Moving it to NJ last year was a big improvement over years past. The last few years it had gone down hill but last year it was 100 times better and it was the first year out of NY.

Plenty of parking, restaurants, plus it was a lot bigger inside than the old place. More and new vendors came and I understand more will be there this time.

I have no connection to the WRAM club but as a person who has been there over the years it has made great strides compared to previous years. You might be surprsed if you came back and saw it.
thebluemax is offline Find More Posts by thebluemax
Old Dec 09, 2012, 03:28 PM
Fly 'em fast!
Rockville, MD
Joined Aug 2002
885 Posts
Jim,
Congrats on getting your business going in the right direction. I've been using your products since they first became available. They have worked flawlessly for me since day one. I'm looking forward to seeing where your stuff goes. I'd love to upgrade some of my older stuff.
RCMustang is offline Find More Posts by RCMustang
Old Dec 09, 2012, 03:58 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,857 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by village_idiot View Post
I would make a suggestion about the website. Instead of removing discontinued products I would move them to a discontinued products page so people that may buy used devices or may want to look back on the products can still find them.
Products that were discontinued have been deleted from the database, so there is no information available anymore for those items.
JimDrew is online now Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 09, 2012, 04:33 PM
Rangers Lead the Way
Joined Mar 2010
2,090 Posts
So Jim, assuming the Nanos come into stock in 4-5 weeks, can you give us a rough idea of how long after that you'd have the 9-ch?

Also, not being very conversant in all the tech - if I have an XBEE module on my A9, what am I missing vs Divbee. Also, wil you offer a Divbee module for the A9 in the future?
TTRotary is online now Find More Posts by TTRotary
Old Dec 09, 2012, 06:32 PM
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Joined Dec 2007
1,482 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTRotary View Post
Also, not being very conversant in all the tech - if I have an XBEE module on my A9, what am I missing vs Divbee. Also, wil you offer a Divbee module for the A9 in the future?
I await an answer to this as well
RyanNX211 is offline Find More Posts by RyanNX211
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:37 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,857 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTRotary View Post
So Jim, assuming the Nanos come into stock in 4-5 weeks, can you give us a rough idea of how long after that you'd have the 9-ch?

I am starting a build of DivBee modules in about a week. From there, I have to pick one of many designs I have tested for the 9 channel receiver. What I may end up doing is starting threads with polls for some of the new items, to determine the best way to go. Once the design is chosen, it goes to production just like any other product. The DivBee is placed into the 9 channel receiver (and other receivers) just like the XBEE module.

I will not be making any new transmitter module boards in 2013 unless some new transmitter is to be supported. I already have a huge inventory of existing transmitter modules. The DivBee offers a bit more power, which doesn't make too much difference in terms of range. The DivBee has incredible sensitivity, designed for receivers primarily and that is where the range increase occurs.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 10, 2012, 12:00 PM
Joined Jul 2009
166 Posts
tx

Jim, Thanks for all the hard work, updates and sticking with the tx project.
flyingfever is online now Find More Posts by flyingfever
Old Dec 10, 2012, 01:28 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,187 Posts
I so look forward to the new toys... I poke other transmitters/rx's every now and then, but they all seem so anemic with their abilities against the prospect of these things...
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Dec 11, 2012, 09:28 AM
United States, AZ, Queen Creek
Joined Aug 2004
779 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
I so look forward to the new toys... I poke other transmitters/rx's every now and then, but they all seem so anemic with their abilities against the prospect of these things...
Maybe you should wait until this is actually produced. Projects seem to get anemic during production.
This guy has a lot on his plate after he dumped his partners. I doubt if can do all of it and run the company at the same time.
dirtybird is offline Find More Posts by dirtybird
Old Dec 11, 2012, 09:37 AM
Stop scaring my donkey!
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
8,231 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtybird View Post
Maybe you should wait until this is actually produced. Projects seem to get anemic during production.
This guy has a lot on his plate after he dumped his partners. I doubt if can do all of it and run the company at the same time.
Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it, so you have hit the target with this prediction.
JohnathanSwift is offline Find More Posts by JohnathanSwift
Old Dec 11, 2012, 11:47 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,857 Posts
Quote:
It's quite the opposite - instead of running everything (which I was), and fighting along the way, I can now just run everything without the added pressures. A new staff will help as well.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 11, 2012, 01:35 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,187 Posts
Quote:
outside of the big stuff (the transmitter), the smaller products are certainly within reach and are what I'm excited for as much as anything... the 10 pin break-out board for the Nanos, that alone will make my setups much easier and nicer. It's never lost on me that the receiver that I flew in an indoor f3p contest over the weekend is as light as all the other stripped 4 channel rx's that the guys are using, and is the same receiver that I use in my giant scale planes... they are the best there is, and it will get better... it really does get me excited.
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM