HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 28, 2012, 12:57 PM
Joined Feb 2012
7 Posts
Help!
USB Micro Cable in during flight?

Perhaps not such a silly question - perhaps so!
Nevertheless better to check.

Well after two months of waiting for slow china post my GPS V2 finally arrived for my wookong - M - wooohooo - crazy to think the only difference is a bit of firmware !

So its time to put the cover back on and in so doing the access to the micro USB is not available without taking the cover off my hex and so the brilliant idea of leaving the micro USB cable plugged in all the time - during flight too, so I don't need to remove the cover to change settings or upgrade firmware which is fairly often.

to confirm the question then. Is it okay to fly with the USB cable plugged in (obviously not connected to a PC though) ????

Thanks
shaunkramer is offline Find More Posts by shaunkramer
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 28, 2012, 06:11 PM
Joined May 2012
587 Posts
I don't see a huge prob with this however if you where to crash it may yank the plug right out of the controller you would have to make sure it can't come loose and get caught up in a propeller... I am not sure if it would cause any kind of interference... I have done this with my AIO pro a time or too i have a 3 foot cable I just tucked inside the body i had no probs with this

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunkramer View Post
Perhaps not such a silly question - perhaps so!
Nevertheless better to check.

Well after two months of waiting for slow china post my GPS V2 finally arrived for my wookong - M - wooohooo - crazy to think the only difference is a bit of firmware !

So its time to put the cover back on and in so doing the access to the micro USB is not available without taking the cover off my hex and so the brilliant idea of leaving the micro USB cable plugged in all the time - during flight too, so I don't need to remove the cover to change settings or upgrade firmware which is fairly often.

to confirm the question then. Is it okay to fly with the USB cable plugged in (obviously not connected to a PC though) ????

Thanks
gitit20 is offline Find More Posts by gitit20