SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 01, 2013, 11:27 PM
GEEBEE Can't WAIT!
USA, OR, Seaside
Joined Dec 2010
1,422 Posts
Airtime skids-

Gotta love the look of these skids. I got the black frame with white skids and man they look good with the blue canopy!

The bad
Had a slight issue installing them. I didn't shave anything off and the rear post bent while installing :'( oh well seems to still be structurally sound. Another issue is installing the batteries is a bit difficult. Maybe he will update the rear one to allow for batteries to go in easier. My bats are getting a slight bend in them.

All-in-all I highly recommend these to everyone looking to increase strength and looks to there heli. Going to shoot him an email now for a set of the 'low pro' hoping I don't botch the install again!
perschek is offline Find More Posts by perschek
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2013, 11:29 PM
GEEBEE Can't WAIT!
USA, OR, Seaside
Joined Dec 2010
1,422 Posts
White black airtime skid pic
Old Feb 02, 2013, 04:46 AM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,369 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
Like the 3D printed servo spacers more anyways so it works out for me.
You realize that Dylan also have 3D printed spaces on this round right? He shared pictures of them last week or so.

I think it's still lighter than Pacq's kit.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:26 AM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,823 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeingeyegod View Post
.....So, I finally flipped mine today outside for the first time! Held an upside down hover for about 5 seconds, then flipped over again, then hit LVC, haha. Hyperion 160 must have gotten a little cold after charging it. I feel like I sorta know how to fly RC helicopters for real now, pretty exciting. I am probably going to try it inside now and screw up. Outside I took her up to about 30 feet in a stable hover in high rates, idle up, and gave her throttle and positive pitch and up elevator and did a back flip and gave it full negative and she flipped right over into an upside hover. Wasn't quite sure what to at that point, so I just pulled up again into right side up hover. Pretty amazing to do for the first time I say again.
Congrats on doing your first aerobatic maneuvers! I remember how that felt, as it wasn't all that long ago. How's your side-in & nose-in hovering?

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:15 AM
MCX2..120SR..NCPX..MQX..D X7s
United States, OR, Salem
Joined May 2012
45 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heritageflyer View Post
Just snagged 6 more flights in the living room. 90 Total now.

Flt 6 lasted about 3 minute and I had a sudden power drop and then surging. I thought there it is! The motor finally went! Nope, Batt #6 apparently failing. One of the G-Force, but they all 4 have been solid to this point. For a $1.69 who can complain!

Charging up the DX7 Lipo because we are going to be snowed in the next two days. Starts tomorrow 10AM through Sunday 7PM. 4 - 6", maybe more. Already a half inch out there from yesterday.

Might be flying in a Gym at 11AM if the snow holds off...
What lipo are you using in your DX7 ? Just bought a DX7s and the stock NiMh pack loses .2-.3v from a full charge just sitting for a few hours.
Called Spektrum and they wanted me to send it in ! Have had the Tx for less than a week...my DX6i could sit on the shelf for 2 weeks and lose only .2v !
Thx in advance !
23DM is offline Find More Posts by 23DM
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:50 AM
Billy
Australia, NSW, Newcastle
Joined Jun 2012
314 Posts
The DX7 and DX7s have different batteries, you want one that fit's the DX8.

Don't send it in, the nimh packs are just look for a lipo. There is one offered by HH for $69, or you can get a turnigy for $17.95. I've also seen some on ebay for about $30.

I have to charge mine often, and it drops voltage from 5.4 to 5.1 in the first flight for me...
Billz_01 is offline Find More Posts by Billz_01
Old Feb 02, 2013, 10:31 AM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,868 Posts
Here's what I just ordered a new one of. Mine is going on 3 years and just going to replace it for good measure. 3S Rhino Transmitter Lipo. Lasts for weeks, 1-2 weeks in season.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idproduct=7346

Does the DX7S and DX8 take a 2S 7.4v pack like the Futaba 8FG?
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Old Feb 02, 2013, 10:54 AM
Billy
Joined Jun 2012
314 Posts
Yes, 2S 7.4v lipo with cutoff circuit inbuilt.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ter_Pack_.html

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...8-SPMB4000LPTX
Old Feb 02, 2013, 11:22 AM
MCX2..120SR..NCPX..MQX..D X7s
United States, OR, Salem
Joined May 2012
45 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billz_01 View Post
That sounds like the ticket Billz. I like the cut-off circuit ! Thx to you an Heritageflyer for the quick input !
23DM is offline Find More Posts by 23DM
Old Feb 02, 2013, 12:08 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,393 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphro View Post
Piro compensation is not a feature of the AS3X system. I believe it is now incorporated into the BeastX system.
BeastX does have it but I'm not sure what it's for, as it doesn't seem to eliminate the need to provide cyclic to counter the tail push.

The Nano does beautiful slow piros if you do it right - better to the right than to the left, but it does nice piros, the tail control is fairly precise on it. You can do the Finless Bob challenges with the Nano...

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=252568 (#1 - challenge #2 is slow piros)
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Feb 02, 2013, 12:09 PM
Billy
Joined Jun 2012
314 Posts
No prob's. happy to help

Back to the nano 8100k

So the plane gods in the aforementioned thread have found that it was a slow spinner also, but with a much lower amp draw. Oobly, it looks as though a gear ratio change with this drop in motor could very well be plausible. What's the chance I could be pointed in the right direction for obtaining a new main gear and pinion?

I think I would like to test this out soon, I'm trying to match some calc's with people's findings so I know what to expect. I also think I could (for my purposes) use a bit less gov head room, is 20% really needed? Wouldn't having it (gov speed) higher make for faster recovery anyway as it's closer to the rated speed of the motor? (Therefore requiring less amp draw to overcome the extra load).

The stock motor gave me 40+g of thrust, so if I can get that without massive bogging I would be happy, although more would be nicer, maybe 50g+- since the mild kit apparently gives 60g. (Not confirmed, just from what I've read & I think that might have been at 80%). Somewhere between 4-5k head speed @ 80-90% should do the trick, and 4 minute flight times would all be nice also
Old Feb 02, 2013, 01:23 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Jan 2008
1,796 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
Congrats on doing your first aerobatic maneuvers! I remember how that felt, as it wasn't all that long ago. How's your side-in & nose-in hovering?

Joel
Pretty good Been practicing nose in for awhile and I have the muscle memory pretty much down. Side in is pretty easy. I am now able to do slow backwards circles (at least in one direction) with the MSRx, which I've been flying on high (though still on short ball ends) rates as sort of a nano trainer inside. Upside down control inputs though.. hmm, might take some experimentation to figure out..
seeingeyegod is offline Find More Posts by seeingeyegod
Old Feb 02, 2013, 01:34 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpilot786457 View Post
+1
Correct. AS3X has none.
oh darn, guess I will have to finally learn how to fly
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Feb 02, 2013, 02:13 PM
GEEBEE Can't WAIT!
USA, OR, Seaside
Joined Dec 2010
1,422 Posts
Hmm thought it was a given to add cyclic when doing piros. Figure I'll get a good quad copter if I wanted to sit back with a bag of popcorn and to pirouettes! :-)
Old Feb 02, 2013, 02:38 PM
AMA 994002
United States, RI, Westerly
Joined May 2012
1,050 Posts
Hey perscheck, noticed in your picture you have the "bullet blades" on, and was wondering if you notice a difference in stability compared to the "straights"? I put mine on to see if there's a difference, and it was noticeably more stable with the bullets. Besides the obvious, are there any other advantages? I also noticed they're shorter by 1/4" or thereabouts...
matiac is offline Find More Posts by matiac
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Stability issue