SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 10, 2012, 09:44 PM
The truth will prevail
Westbury, NY
Joined Nov 2009
682 Posts
Discussion
HPP-22 and HTS- Navi, a fake ?

Today I was with the new HPP-22 software ver. 1.12 (0) at our airfield and wanted to log some telemetry data with the HTS-Navi on my netbook.

But what happened, when clicking on the Hitec Telemetry System Command Center button was that the software did not go to the next screen, because internet was not available at the airfield.
When comming back home my netbook connected to my WLAN and everything worked as it should. My operating system on the netbook is Windows XP.

Next, being at home I deactivated my WLAN on the netbook. And it happened again. The software did not go to the next screen when clicking Hitec Telemetry System Command Center button.

This means HTS-Navi users cant use the stick on the airfield if no internet is available! What a fake ! How can Hitec sell a HTS-Navi which cant do its job when no internet is available!

The only way to overcome this is by starting the software already at home, where your internet is available and then put your netbook to "Standby" and activate it on the airfiled again. I simulated that with my HTS-SS blue and two temperature sensors, then deactivted my WLAN, set the netbook to "Standby" and started it up again. Now everything worked . So, next time I know!
By clicking on the /File/Select product one can also switch around between HTS-SS blue and HTS-SS nitro when coming with different models to the airfield. But you should never close the program....
I think the ball is in Hitec's field to remove this bug asup.

Juergen
skyrock is offline Find More Posts by skyrock
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 12, 2012, 09:06 AM
Joined Aug 2007
4 Posts
Hitec navi and wan

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyrock View Post
Today I was with the new HPP-22 software ver. 1.12 (0) at our airfield and wanted to log some telemetry data with the HTS-Navi on my netbook.

But what happened, when clicking on the Hitec Telemetry System Command Center button was that the software did not go to the next screen, because internet was not available at the airfield.
When comming back home my netbook connected to my WLAN and everything worked as it should. My operating system on the netbook is Windows XP.

Next, being at home I deactivated my WLAN on the netbook. And it happened again. The software did not go to the next screen when clicking Hitec Telemetry System Command Center button.

This means HTS-Navi users cant use the stick on the airfield if no internet is available! What a fake ! How can Hitec sell a HTS-Navi which cant do its job when no internet is available!

The only way to overcome this is by starting the software already at home, where your internet is available and then put your netbook to "Standby" and activate it on the airfiled again. I simulated that with my HTS-SS blue and two temperature sensors, then deactivted my WLAN, set the netbook to "Standby" and started it up again. Now everything worked . So, next time I know!
By clicking on the /File/Select product one can also switch around between HTS-SS blue and HTS-SS nitro when coming with different models to the airfield. But you should never close the program....
I think the ball is in Hitec's field to remove this bug asup.

Juergen
I never heard that the NAVI has any need for WLAN connetion. As I understand it, it talks to the OPTIMA RX via the 2.4GHZ module on the back of your tansmitter (Aurora 9) . I can link my NAVI but cannot get it to do anything usefull as after linking the HP-22 software goes no further. And I have my notebook WLAN on and I am connected to the network!

Jim D
JIMD4 is offline Find More Posts by JIMD4
Last edited by JIMD4; Mar 12, 2012 at 09:09 AM. Reason: left out part of word
Old Mar 12, 2012, 03:10 PM
The truth will prevail
Westbury, NY
Joined Nov 2009
682 Posts
Quote:
I never heard that the NAVI has any need for WLAN connetion. As I understand it, it talks to the OPTIMA RX via the 2.4GHZ module on the back of your tansmitter (Aurora 9) . I can link my NAVI but cannot get it to do anything usefull as after linking the HP-22 software goes no further. And I have my notebook WLAN on and I am connected to the network!

Jim D
The HTS-Navi on any PC or network works together with the HPP-22 software. Without the software it is useless. And yes it receives the data from the Optima RX in conjunction with the Spectra module.
But without the HPP-22 software the HTS-Navi is a useless piece of hardware.

The bug I detected is in the HPP-22 software ver 1.12(0). This software is used to visualize and log telemetry data. And this software does not work without internet connection! Therfore the HTS-Navi is a fake!

Yesterday I started the software at home, then set my netbook to "Standby", drove to the airfield, restarted the netbook and everything worked as it should. I will show the telemetry data later.
Your problem is different! If the HTS-Navi does not work you did not link it properly The link process for the HTS-Navi is a pain in the a... So pls try it again.

Juergen
Last edited by skyrock; Mar 15, 2012 at 01:53 PM.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 04:07 PM
The truth will prevail
Westbury, NY
Joined Nov 2009
682 Posts
Two test files

Here are the screenshots from two flights I did yesterday. So the HTS-Navi works, but the HPP-22 software has a bug.

Juergen
Old Mar 15, 2012, 07:42 AM
Joined Aug 2007
4 Posts
Well the HP-22 software is downloaded from the net and installed on my laptop. I don't understand whyit has to be then connected to the net to work. I use the HP-22 software all the time without the net.

I am surely confused here and hoping Hitec support will respond soon.
Have fun
JIMD4 is offline Find More Posts by JIMD4
Old Mar 15, 2012, 01:44 PM
The truth will prevail
Westbury, NY
Joined Nov 2009
682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMD4 View Post
Well the HP-22 software is downloaded from the net and installed on my laptop. I don't understand whyit has to be then connected to the net to work. I use the HP-22 software all the time without the net.

I am surely confused here and hoping Hitec support will respond soon.
Have fun
Just make a test!

Deactivate your WLAN to disconnect the internet from your PC. Then start the HPP-22 software Then click on the Hitec Telemetry System Command Center button and try to go to the HTS-SS (Nitro Display Demo) You will not come to this menu without internet connection ! Nothing will happen if you click on the button.
Now activate your WLAN again and do the same. Now you can see the Nitro display demo!
This test is simple, easy to do and it demonstrates the bug in the software!

Juergen
Last edited by skyrock; Mar 15, 2012 at 01:51 PM.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 05:40 PM
Hitec/Multiplex USA
Poway, California, United States
Joined Sep 2000
4,196 Posts
Juergen- How long did you wait after you got the message? It should establish after a short while. Can you check this to see if it will connect eventually?

Mike.
MikeMayberry is offline Find More Posts by MikeMayberry
Old Mar 15, 2012, 10:47 PM
The truth will prevail
Westbury, NY
Joined Nov 2009
682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMayberry View Post
Juergen- How long did you wait after you got the message? It should establish after a short while. Can you check this to see if it will connect eventually?

Mike.
Mike,

I waited more than 5 minutes and nothing happened.....

But in the meantime I tested more and found out what is going on. When internet is not available via WLAN or LAN then the HPP-22 software started a bluetooth dialup internet connection on my computer. Just closing that, because internet was not available on the airfield did not help. The HPP-22 software did not go to the HTS-SS (Nitro Display Demo) menu.
Now I deactivated my bluetooth internet connection and now the HPP-22 software operates as it should.
As I found out already how to bypass the problem (see my screenshots) now I located where this bug is. Just deactivating bluetooth internet connection on your PC solves the HPP-22 software problem on the airfield. But it still remains a bug....

Juergen