HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 08, 2012, 02:08 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztoon13 View Post
Ok, thanks for the link. I did not notice that one...
Looks like the "usual/normal" v911, right? (not the white version of the "yellow clone") ==> it's getting hard to follow clones history for me

@+
Olivier

edit : oops, doesn't say wltoys on the banggood page...
It is the white version of the yellow clone, flies better than the wl toys versions, IMO.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 08, 2012, 02:34 PM
Joined Sep 2011
478 Posts
Why do flybar strikes happen? How to fix ?
RoboSerg is offline Find More Posts by RoboSerg
Old Dec 08, 2012, 02:34 PM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,692 Posts
Bummer!

Spent what seemed like ages (probably only 1/2 hour or so) patiently boring a 0.8mm hole about a cm into my canopy rod, bang down the middle. Another hole into the main frame only took about 10 minutes, so good to go. Couldn't find a pin of the right thickness, but managed to dig up a 0.9mm paperclip, so just a case of reboring the holes to size. What happens? Right, the 0.9mm drill bit busts off flush with the end of the rod, so no chance of getting it back out!!

Oh well, at least my white clone arrived from BG today by way of consolation, a little less than 2 weeks after placing the order

Might just rest up the yellow bird for a while and order a couple of main frames after all. The msr paddles and Helios 100 main motors should be arriving soon, so that should be enough to keep my busy for a while
tiggertoo1962 is offline Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FS TH9X/WL-T6 settings
Old Dec 08, 2012, 04:32 PM
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Aug 2012
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggertoo1962 View Post
...just rest up the yellow bird for a while and order a couple of main frames...
My standard fix is to splice all the way through to the unbroken side with a sewing needle, heat shrink and epoxy, but you also can use sewing thread and CA glue. I use the thread method sometimes with sturdy black button thread and saturating it with the thin watery 'crazy glue'.
2_Crash_Thumbs is offline Find More Posts by 2_Crash_Thumbs
Old Dec 08, 2012, 05:21 PM
Always borking my corter
Joined Feb 2012
126 Posts
It seems that a lot of people think the banggood v911 is not from WLToys. I'm looking on the banggood site right now and it does say WLToys. I ordered one a few weeks ago and the main board says 'WL-4CH...' or something along those lines. The transmitter also says WLToys on it. Maybe they used to sell a clone but I'm pretty sure the new V911s sold on banggood.com are from WLToys.
bflan2001 is offline Find More Posts by bflan2001
Old Dec 08, 2012, 05:25 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bflan2001 View Post
It seems that a lot of people think the banggood v911 is not from WLToys. I'm looking on the banggood site right now and it does say WLToys. I ordered one a few weeks ago and the main board says 'WL-4CH...' or something along those lines. The transmitter also says WLToys on it. Maybe they used to sell a clone but I'm pretty sure the new V911s sold on banggood.com are from WLToys.
Banggood sells all versions of v911. Only the unpainted white and yellow ones are not WL Toys.
Old Dec 09, 2012, 12:21 AM
Joined Dec 2012
61 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilMcCracken View Post
yes you have to set the rudder trim every time.
Thanks Phil. Can you advice which part usually fail early from the crash landing ? Mine just got a light broken landing skid after maybe 50 crash landing during my early lesson yesterday. But that's easily fixed w/ super glue and small tape. Its up and flying again
redtags is offline Find More Posts by redtags
Old Dec 09, 2012, 06:34 AM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redtags View Post
Thanks Phil. Can you advice which part usually fail early from the crash landing ? Mine just got a light broken landing skid after maybe 50 crash landing during my early lesson yesterday. But that's easily fixed w/ super glue and small tape. Its up and flying again
All I've broken so far after a whole bunch of hard crashes is a flybar, skids, one blade where it screws on at the rotor head and - of course - the infamous canopy holding rod broke off flush to the main frame.
tiggertoo1962 is offline Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FS TH9X/WL-T6 settings
Old Dec 09, 2012, 01:45 PM
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,477 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budasac View Post
I redid mine since the pics that were posted. I think I cut away less material the second time around. I also relocated the swash guide so it's straight back instead of being on a 45. When you're ready to do yours I can post some close ups of the cuts and the holes for the posts if you like. It's very simple if you know where to mount it. My first install was a little botched from trying to get the COG correct. I kept having to adjust the fuselage and as a result ended up cutting more then I needed.
Thank you bro, it will be a great help!
bulesz is online now Find More Posts by bulesz
Old Dec 09, 2012, 04:58 PM
Iowa City Iowa
Joined Jun 2000
417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggertoo1962 View Post
I have both old and new styles V911batteries and I prefer the old. The new ones sometimes disconnect with even a slight tail hit and, instead of practicing my "emergency escape skills" I end up picking the heli off the floor, reconnecting and rebinding before I can carry on flying
Man.. I wish I would have read this earlier.

Would installing a MSR loose battery plug fix that issue? Which brings me to my second question.. Is the new style V911 battery connector the same as the MSR? Sure looks the same
GiantScale is offline Find More Posts by GiantScale
Old Dec 09, 2012, 05:12 PM
Always borking my corter
Joined Feb 2012
126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantScale View Post

Would installing a MSR loose battery plug fix that issue? Which brings me to my second question.. Is the new style V911 battery connector the same as the MSR? Sure looks the same
The issue with the batteries is only on version 2 v911s. The v1 used the old style battery, v2 used the new style battery with the old style skids, and the v3 uses the new style battery with new skids that hold the battery much better. The difference can be seen by looking at the angle of the battery, old styles had the battery at an angle, while the v3 has the battery horizontal and tucked closer into the body. The new style plug is similar to the Blade MSR/MCX2/etc. but they are different and not compatible with each other.

edit: The new v911s hold the batteries so well that you need to put a piece of tape on them to get a good enough grip to pop them out.
bflan2001 is offline Find More Posts by bflan2001
Old Dec 09, 2012, 05:15 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantScale View Post

It has been reported that the new plug is compatible with mcpx plug, not msr plugs (and not 9958 plugs).
Old Dec 09, 2012, 05:51 PM
2012 ZX14R ....faster than you
USA, NV, Carson City
Joined Sep 2006
1,782 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bflan2001 View Post
The new v911s hold the batteries so well that you need to put a piece of tape on them to get a good enough grip to pop them out.
I had a couple of new style batteries that were very hard to remove and noted that the white battery connectors were pointing slightly upward. Carefully bending them down and horizontal with the battery cured that problem.
CCbusa05 is offline Find More Posts by CCbusa05
Old Dec 09, 2012, 05:59 PM
USA, NC, Winston-Salem
Joined Nov 2009
153 Posts
I've got 5 of the V911''s, a couple are the yellow clones. Does anyone know the shelf life of the batteries? Wonder how long they'll keep producing the old style batteries. I ordered a V911 with the new style connector from Bangood. Wonder if I should stock up on the old style batteries, just wondering how long they will last, by the way I'm still on my first V911. Been flying it almost daily for 6 months. No lubing anything, no blade replacement , no maintenance. I can tell she's not as tight as she was new but she still flys better than my other brands of heli's.
MWShelton is offline Find More Posts by MWShelton
Old Dec 09, 2012, 06:23 PM
2012 ZX14R ....faster than you
USA, NV, Carson City
Joined Sep 2006
1,782 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MWShelton View Post
by the way I'm still on my first V911. Been flying it almost daily for 6 months. No lubing anything, no blade replacement , no maintenance. I can tell she's not as tight as she was new but she still flys better than my other brands of heli's.
Thanks for the very encouraging report! I have 4 of these little gems (new style) and all fly absolutely perfectly. I have approx 35 flights on each and all but one stock battery are still going strong. I time my flights and shut it down before 4:30 is reached.
A tip for you guys that might be as anal as I am about that spot-on perfect hands off hover. If, after you've done the out-of-the box mechanical trimming, you still see a bit of TBE (toilet bowl effect) 'wandering', loosen the flybar screw 1/2 to 1 full turn. Even if you think it's already loose, do it anyway and you'll more than likely be rewarded with that "perfect hover".
CCbusa05 is offline Find More Posts by CCbusa05