SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 01, 2011, 10:46 PM
Sweden, Västra Götaland, Partille
Joined May 2009
493 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocco View Post
But actually Tower hobbies sells the Cox Extra-300 RTF $27 cheaper than HobbyKing NE Xtra-300 RTF (same plane) $110 vs $137 plus shipping.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flying-llama View Post
That is before you log into HobbyKing. In reading the discussion and/or reviews on the HobbyKing RTF version, once you log in, the price will drop to something like ~$60 (not including shipping).
I believe this is done to satisfy having a minimum publicly advertised price (MAP).
Yup.like Flying-llama says, the price drops after log in on Hobby King, I have gotten many "One-time only" offers on this plane at 55 Us$.
I Bought mine in a hobbyshop in Bangkok where I live, for about 70$ with one extra battery.

The good thing with the Cox name or Revell for the NE Solo Pro heli is that they will give you a good warranty and keep the spares in stock, hopefully.

I have heard that a reliable warranty is worth about 20-30% of a products price, IF thats true the Cox price starts to look OK!

Tommy
jimjim06 is offline Find More Posts by jimjim06
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 02, 2011, 10:49 PM
User?
México, DF, Ciudad de México
Joined Dec 2004
181 Posts
You are right, price drops when you check your shopping cart
rocco is offline Find More Posts by rocco
Old Apr 25, 2011, 09:17 PM
United States, NM, Farmington
Joined Jun 2008
840 Posts
I really wish Futaba would get in with one of these companies making these planes with the brick set up and proprietor servos. Wouldnt it be nice to take this power/RX setup and put it into 100923507 other planes and be able to use our Futaba FAST radios.

Wishful thinking.
Steve
Corelli is offline Find More Posts by Corelli
Old Apr 26, 2011, 01:22 AM
USA, CA, Westlake Village
Joined Sep 2004
1,823 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corelli View Post
I really wish Futaba would get in with one of these companies making these planes with the brick set up and proprietor servos. Wouldnt it be nice to take this power/RX setup and put it into 100923507 other planes and be able to use our Futaba FAST radios.

Wishful thinking.
Steve
SO TRUE! Futaba is killin' themselves by not doing this...there are so many cool and innovative Spektrum micros out there now, I won't even consider another brand tx because I like these micros so much...
lovespicyfood is offline Find More Posts by lovespicyfood
Old Jul 16, 2011, 10:19 PM
Joined Jul 2011
1 Posts
Safe Prop

Does anyone know how to get the safe prop collet off so that I can replace it? Mine bent on it's first flight. Do I pull hard on it to get it off? Do I screw it off? Do I??? Thanks!
pogg is offline Find More Posts by pogg
Old Jul 22, 2011, 12:18 PM
Pittsburgh, PA
Joined Aug 2004
119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pogg View Post
Does anyone know how to get the safe prop collet off so that I can replace it? Mine bent on it's first flight. Do I pull hard on it to get it off? Do I screw it off? Do I??? Thanks!
I used a small flat screwdriver that I inserted between the prop saver and the motor, then twisted. It's really a tight fit, but if you keep working the screwdriver, it will come off without harming the motor.
TheRocksKid is offline Find More Posts by TheRocksKid
Old Jul 27, 2011, 11:42 AM
Hong Kong Discovery Bay
Joined Apr 2009
14 Posts
I got the old part off ok, but can anyone tell me how to replace the female part of the prop saver? I tried pushing the new part onto the motor shaft and so far I cant get it to slide on far enough, because I stopped applying pressure when the motor began to push back into the foam. Is there any trick to supporting the shaft while I push the plastic part onto the shaft?
I also tried removing the 5 screws on front of the motor to see if I could pull the motor out of its housing, before changing the prop saver. Again moderate pressure started to distort the foam, but the motor seems stuck fast up to that amount of force. Made me wonder how I would ever change the motor if the motor shaft gets bent?
Hope someone can help, thanks.
mack330
mack330 is offline Find More Posts by mack330
Old Oct 12, 2011, 03:46 AM
New Zealand, Canterbury, Rolleston
Joined Oct 2011
1,057 Posts
I changed the motor on my Sky Eagle, ended up splitting the foam to remove the motor mount and unglue the motor from it. I had to do a change after straightening the shaft one time too many and snapping it. Yes the prop savers do work - most of the time. However motors are cheap. I also changed the motor on the Extra no problems, just slipped it out after removing 3 screws. So, you've got glue where it shouldn't be.

Split everything including the mount and body and reglue with CA glue once the motor is removed.

The plastic female bit on the shaft. Straightening the shaft before it broke with the plastic still on distorted one and that one is now too easy to put on and falls off. That's why you by a few spare propellers too.

Xtra 300 colours, they come in red or blue. Mine is red.

My mistake - tried to learn to fly on the Xtra before learning on the Sky Eagle. OK, you learn...

I did find a flying field on a steep hill helps - so much more altitude instantly.

What ever, it's all fun even when they break. CA glue is a marvel.
Mac50L is online now Find More Posts by Mac50L
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Motor cover and mount retention
Old Aug 04, 2012, 11:48 AM
Joined Jul 2012
141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly View Post
I fell into the horizon camp when I started this last fall and have a dx6i and dx7 and consider my transmitters the most valuable part of my collection thus far. They are so much above the little rtf transmitters. I suppose you can change out the receiver, but then you have extra expense and hope that all the plugs will be compatible
I have one radio per plane. That way I don't have to readjust the trim.
theaveng is offline Find More Posts by theaveng
Old Aug 04, 2012, 12:03 PM
The Sweet Aroma of 92 Octane
United States, PA, Downingtown
Joined May 2011
4,407 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theaveng View Post
I have one radio per plane. That way I don't have to readjust the trim.
well the DX6i and DX7 both have model memory, so it saves the trims of each plane on there.
electricrc68 is online now Find More Posts by electricrc68
Old Aug 04, 2012, 03:25 PM
Kokomo, Indiana
Joined Jun 2008
880 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by electricrc68 View Post
well the DX6i and DX7 both have model memory, so it saves the trims of each plane on there.
And saves TX batteries!
CorvetteC5 is offline Find More Posts by CorvetteC5
Old Aug 04, 2012, 04:35 PM
The Sweet Aroma of 92 Octane
United States, PA, Downingtown
Joined May 2011
4,407 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorvetteC5 View Post
And saves TX batteries!
True That!
electricrc68 is online now Find More Posts by electricrc68
Old Oct 16, 2012, 06:03 PM
Greetings from Santiago, Chile
Joined Sep 2012
4 Posts
Cox Models transmiter

Hi everyone!! Do they believe that it would be possible to set up or configure a new transmitter for for the Cox Models (Extra 300 or others)? I have the Spektrum DX7s and I would like to use it with my Cox planes
GiordanoChief is offline Find More Posts by GiordanoChief
Old Dec 18, 2012, 10:06 PM
United States, GA, Augusta
Joined Sep 2012
20 Posts
I purchased one of these planes and was impressed by the initial performance. The brushed motor died after about 45min total flight time. I replaced all electronics with an eflight 250 2200kv motor, 6x4 prop, swift 10amp esc, spektrum ar400 receiver, and 3gram micro servos all around. Also modified the battery compartment to accept a Turnigy 500mah 2cell. NOW THIS THING ABSOLUTELY SCREAMS!!! Had to take it easy on the throttle. Now enjoying out of site vertical climbs and ridiculous high speed passes!
bigpapaspoon is offline Find More Posts by bigpapaspoon
Old Jan 24, 2013, 06:07 PM
Joined Dec 2012
1 Posts
Extra 300 capabilities

I have not seen this plane in flight myself, but I am looking at getting it. I am a beginner. I am aware that it is not quite for a beginner, but what is the roll rate of this plane?
CorsairKing is offline Find More Posts by CorsairKing