HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 30, 2010, 09:05 AM
United States, IN, Brownsburg
Joined Apr 2006
987 Posts
Discussion
Blackhawk Offensive Tactical Personal Watercraft Military Boat

Behold, the Blackhawk! You do not want to see this aquatic beast following you in your rear view mirror or approaching your beachhead!

The Blackhawk is owned by Kyle Black and was created for him through the efforts of master modeler Dave H. of the Indy Admirals with funding and creative support from Kyle's Dad, Scott.

Dave H. loves making super cool boats out of parts, hulls, pieces and doo-dads that he finds and has collected over the years as an R/C boat enthusiast. Dave puts them all together to create one-of-a-kind boats that are always eye candy and a blast to watch run!

Kyle especially loved Dave's lastest creation, the "Lone Wolf" (see photos later) and commented to his Dad that he "would love to have a boat like that."

Well, that comment is all it took for Dave to offer to Kyle's Dad to build something Kyle would find extra cool that was stealthy, full of firepower and offered some major attitude! The result was the Blackhawk which Kyle received for his 12th Birthday.
HelloScott is offline Find More Posts by HelloScott
Last edited by HelloScott; Jun 02, 2010 at 06:41 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 30, 2010, 09:07 AM
Joined Apr 2006
987 Posts
I wasn't quite sure whether to put this thread in electric racing boats or scale boats.

As a racer, she's not as fast as the current offering of racing electrics. And as a "scale" boat, she doesn't exist (yet) in the real world. But this is a scale model of a boat that should exist! Seems like every Sea Bee out there should have one of these babies at their disposal!

4 mounted 50 caliber machine guns and a small radar signature would be lethal indeed!
Old May 30, 2010, 11:17 AM
Grumpa Tom
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
23,451 Posts
That's pretty clever, and pretty cool. I can totally see how a 12 year old boy would dig it. Heck, I dig it!

Good thing the driver is wearing noise attenuating headset with those machine gun barrels under his ears!
Kmot is offline Find More Posts by Kmot
Old May 30, 2010, 11:41 AM
United States, ID, Rexburg
Joined Sep 2008
6,449 Posts
Who was it made the 'sheetboat killer?' This is a spiritual sister to that one (Captain Sausage?)
Foo
fooman2008 is offline Find More Posts by fooman2008
Old May 30, 2010, 02:40 PM
Joined Jun 2009
130 Posts
Blackhawks partner

This is Blackhawks partner Lone Wolf. This is the one that spurred the young man's interest in the deadly war arts.
hampboats is offline Find More Posts by hampboats
Old May 30, 2010, 05:55 PM
Retired for now
Bonita Springs,Fl.
Joined Sep 2007
8,691 Posts
Cool boat. Looks good for drug smuggeling interdiction if the guns really work. Our sheriff dept may be interested.
norgale is offline Find More Posts by norgale
Old May 30, 2010, 10:47 PM
Joined Jan 2006
102 Posts
Street Fighter

I remember watching the movie "Street Fighter", and Jean Claude Van Damme was piloting a similar boat on a river on his way to the Bad Guy's hideout. The film was a real stink-er-ooo, but the personal gunboat was cool.

The models shown are somewhat crazy, but the detail is great.
CFDBASHER is offline Find More Posts by CFDBASHER
Old May 31, 2010, 07:07 AM
Joined Apr 2006
987 Posts
I was hoping you'd show up here Dave! Dave builds the coolest boats! Here's a couple of pictures that I have of his Lone Wolf.
Last edited by HelloScott; May 31, 2010 at 07:21 AM.
Old Jun 01, 2010, 09:30 AM
Philippines
Joined Jan 2005
845 Posts
I've dreamed of building one of the 27” foot aluminum patrol boat of the Inshore Boat Units in Iraq. http://www.warboats.org/gulfwar2.htm

Put one of McFarlanes CG gunner on the rear deck and you'll get a mean lookin boat.
redboat219 is offline Find More Posts by redboat219
Old Jun 02, 2010, 06:39 PM
Joined Apr 2006
987 Posts
McFarlane has some great figures of all types with incredible detail. I have a buddy in the admirals who built a scale model of the swift boat he was on. I'll see if he has a good photo he can post here.

We volunteered to run boats at the Hoosier Burn Camp for Children in Lafayette Indiana today. www.HoosierBurnCamp.org I got some great photos of the Blackhawk and a video too that I'll post shortly. Here's one of them.
Old Jun 02, 2010, 07:09 PM
Joined Apr 2006
987 Posts
Here's some other good shots.
Old Jun 03, 2010, 12:22 AM
Elk Grove, CA
Joined Apr 2010
122 Posts
Those are some pretty cool boats. I like 'em
Vspeeds is offline Find More Posts by Vspeeds
Old Jun 05, 2010, 03:03 PM
USA, IN, Carmel
Joined Feb 2006
348 Posts
Swift

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloScott View Post
I have a buddy in the admirals who built a scale model of the swift boat he was on. I'll see if he has a good photo he can post here.
OK, Scott. Here's are a few. It was a fun build.

John
Swift16 is offline Find More Posts by Swift16
Last edited by Swift16; Jun 05, 2010 at 03:04 PM. Reason: correct spelling
Old Jul 10, 2010, 05:48 AM
Joined Apr 2006
987 Posts
This photo was taken at July 4th "Canal Fest" in Indianapolis. The Indy Admirals are invited each year to run and display our boats in the canal behind the Indiana State Museum. Then, we stay for the fireworks. Its a great day! Thanks John for setting it up!!!