HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 29, 2014, 09:18 AM
Joined Jun 2014
5 Posts
Question
Walkera Genuis CP V2 6CH

As I stated in my previous thread I am very inexperienced when it comes to fixing and replacing parts on my RC Helicopters! I also have a Walkera Genuis CP V2 6CH and the main gear after 10 flights wore down and so I now have to replace it. Can any one help by telling me or showing me how this is done easily? Also is there a way to reduce the speed at which these main gears wear out?

Thanks
Quaresma is offline Find More Posts by Quaresma
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 29, 2014, 10:20 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,852 Posts
There was a recent post of pictures showing assembly of Genius c/p. sounds like motor is to tight. They can be adjusted Pays to research your heli as long thred on the Genius c/p. They are the same mostly V2/ V2 New flyers tend not to read instructions look at DVD supplied with bird.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Jun 30, 2014, 01:05 AM
Mexico, Tamaulipas, Tampico
Joined Jun 2014
187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaresma View Post
As I stated in my previous thread I am very inexperienced when it comes to fixing and replacing parts on my RC Helicopters! I also have a Walkera Genuis CP V2 6CH and the main gear after 10 flights wore down and so I now have to replace it. Can any one help by telling me or showing me how this is done easily? Also is there a way to reduce the speed at which these main gears wear out?

Thanks
Check Dankar04 advice...read Genius thread...to replace main gear is easy...gently pull main gear off...do put more space between motor pinion and main gear...check that with hand by turning main rotor head with blades until it turns smoothly...should take you less than 3 minutes....never heard Genius main gear wearing out in ten flights...did you crash?
ChespiIker is online now Find More Posts by ChespiIker
Old Jul 01, 2014, 09:37 AM
Joined Jun 2014
5 Posts
Nope, I didn't crash, I have a couple more helicopters form diffrent brands and this has never happened to me! Thanks for the advice.
Quaresma is offline Find More Posts by Quaresma
Old Jul 25, 2014, 11:42 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,852 Posts
If main gear worn down motor is to tight. Very easy to lossen and make sure gear turns very easy. I use Mini c/p main gear as its thicker. Rotor blades and head should turn very easy.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 07:03 PM
Joined Jun 2014
187 Posts
Yesterday flew the bl Genius...switched back brushed tail motor since it holds tail better than the bl tail motor....to my delight it flies just like a 120, but smaller....the motor noise increased, it now sounds like a hornet on steroids...went to Doc ' s house which borders the Country Club...not a golfer in sight...Doc had trouble with Master...in getting rid of extra wiring for light kit he had connected aileron and pitch servos wrong ...both flew 450 D01 s with lights at dusk...great flying day...after the flying laid on our backs watching the stars begin to appear....until the sprinklers were turned on! Luckily the birds did not get wet, only our pride....
Last edited by ChespiIker; Jul 27, 2014 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old Jul 28, 2014, 01:52 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,852 Posts
I need to convert my original Genius c/p to bl. I have the Walkera double kit but hear it doesn't work right. I will just do the main motor. One of my Minis has bl main. Flying V120D02s kind of spoils you to this size. My new V450D01 V2 is quite nice but size is drawback for a 24/7 bird. No problem but little guys are great for smaller spaces.
Glad you and Doc had a good flying day. Nice to have a friend to share the flying with. I have a long time friend up north but travel/ time jusy doesn't work out well. It would be nice to find a few folks to fly with. Folks down to earth who fly to enjoy what they have. No Ego self proclaimed super starts !!
Old Jul 28, 2014, 02:27 AM
Joined Jun 2014
187 Posts
Hear you....Had a dentists appointment with Doc, and took the wk ladybird with me, and he was hooked. On previous visit both remembering u - line flying as kids with rtf cox and balsa models...this was about four months after I had started...he has a ladybird, hotenx, master, 120, and 450 D01...for a while I loaned him a Genius...(after hotenx before 120). Steered him away from clones...I learned the hard expensive way...experience. Great guy Doc...he is also into paragliding, scuba diving (Cuba, with sharks and puts those videos while he is working miracles on your teeth... Yet he is scared to death to crash the 450)...only know other two people that fly helis here....most buy the mall toys and lose interest...tomorrow....excuse me, later on today will DHL the used parts....seems I am not the only one burning the midnight oil... i bought the walkera bl kit for the genius...used only main motor...do need to cut canopy left side tail towards you, to provide space for the bl motor, and cut slightly less on right side for the esc...happy flying Dankar04....
Last edited by ChespiIker; Jul 28, 2014 at 02:30 AM. Reason: Information
Old Jul 29, 2014, 03:17 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,852 Posts
I just flew my V1 Genius and its been about week since I flew it. Dispite mega airtime still flys well. Flew V1 Ladybird also. I wanted a V2 Genius but never got one and now not needed or wanted. i have two V1 and never any problems with them. When I get to it install a bl main on one just to see how it goes. We kind of take it for granted what went into R&D to make a heli like this.
Some of who care future R&D into these little birds is gone. Thanks to clones not worth the effort. Many clones out there but all they do it put a package together of stuff allready out there.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 04:21 PM
Joined Dec 2009
181 Posts
well hisky has graduated from making clones and is r&d'ing now. Lets not forget that walkera started out as a clone company
IM back! is offline Find More Posts by IM back!
Old Aug 02, 2014, 12:12 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,852 Posts
Funny Walkera lowered price on Super c/p and then Mini c/p. Genius c/p V2 has stayed the same. I wanted one but now no need as moved on. Don't here much about it and sure many were sold. Maybe with all negative posts from chosen few folks just went to another forum or just stoped posting. Clone micros are knockoffs of Genius c/p / Mcp-x/ . They change a little here and little there and put a different # on it.
Old Aug 02, 2014, 08:50 PM
Joined Jun 2014
187 Posts
Looking at 102D02s, then the price dropped and I bought it, 3-axis gyro....they then brought out the version sold today at a higher price with several mod. Including 6-axis gyro! Hopefully price of super cp and mini-cp have dropped because new versions are coming....and not simply to better compete in price with the clones. One can only hope....flying perfect, Genius number 2, brushed motor...did upgrade in swplate, rotor head, grips, now it will not take-off....with new motor....old one baruuumph....overheated and adios...... Will burn the midnight candle again...
Old Aug 03, 2014, 12:10 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,852 Posts
Super c/p was developed to compete with clones price wise. Mini was to be disc.
Guess it sold well as still available. I don't buy bling parts because they are not made by original company. These helis have such a small margain to operate and if anything is off even a little bird doesn't fly.
I doubt Walkera will bother with anymore 100 sized c/p's. V120D02s/ Master c/p/ V450D01 V2/ V450D03 are doing pretty well. Heli market has gone down and dispite this more and more clones coming out. I see one of clone makers offers a bl 100 size with module for JR/Walkera TX's. Change of direction from Wl toys with several protocols.
Old Aug 03, 2014, 07:12 AM
Joined Jun 2014
187 Posts
The genius upgrade to bl was sold by walkera.,and my Mini BL bought it BL at Helipal.....in parts helipal has airy upgrade...swashplate, rotor head, blade grips but for Mini...does not go with Genius, as I found out....simply switched from G to Mini, working ok now. That leaves me with 1 mini and one Genius BL and 1 mini and 1 Genius stock motors but some mechanical upgrades...did a lot of flying testing, tuning lubricating but now all ok, no Helis in sick bay.....some believe no upgrades just buy a next level Heli...what the heck, some upgrades are a lot of fun to do because they work...thinking of microheli....what is one to do when no new helis are available from good brands? A few upgrades, and when I get the nerve and knowledge...a Frankenheli !
Old Aug 04, 2014, 02:20 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,852 Posts
I bought alot of micros and all my Walkera's are flying. Most of Blade helis also. I have two Mcp-x's down and not much concern about them. Not happy but move on. Flying V120D02s is sure step up from Genius and Mini's.
Master c/p's work fine for me/ plus bl kits available. V120D02s many options available with that also. V450D01 V2 may not be ultra stunt heli but no concern either. Things can be improved if issues arrive.
Kits/ Frankencopters/ upgrade etc. I have several F/bared 450's. They can be made into FBL if needed. Point being more heli stuff now then i could use for a spell. GY280 RX..not sure if thats right give 2 cell operation plus different motors could make V120D02s a real animal. Stock works for me at this time.
Only issue is #1 V120 with hunting tail servo. someware in this World servo is in transit.
Walkera is doing what they do best Nothing !! Quads are for guys who can not fly. so they add camera and now they be cool. Granny can fly a quad. Stevie Wonder could fly one. Quads have become push botton flyers.