HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 04, 2014, 10:17 AM
Hong Kong, Hong Kong Island, Central And Western District
Joined Jun 2008
436 Posts
The instructions for the TT25 seems to indicate that if two speakers were to be used, then the "red wires" may need to be facing each other rather than outside? Is there resoldering involved? Not a big deal, but the pictures in the manual and the writing is a little ambiguous for the first time user and I was wondering what the manual actually means... (Headscratching)
Levendis is offline Find More Posts by Levendis
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 04, 2014, 11:16 AM
Joined Feb 2012
1,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levendis View Post
The instructions for the TT25 seems to indicate that if two speakers were to be used, then the "red wires" may need to be facing each other rather than outside? Is there resoldering involved? Not a big deal, but the pictures in the manual and the writing is a little ambiguous for the first time user and I was wondering what the manual actually means... (Headscratching)
Sorry for the confusion. I was trying to make them as simple as possible. No re-soldering at all. Just when you plug them on to the pins on the board, make sure the red wires face each other, with the blacks on the outside.

Andrew
MrRCFlying is offline Find More Posts by MrRCFlying
Site Sponsor
Old May 15, 2014, 05:35 PM
Dont be divided from the truth
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Mar 2010
3,206 Posts
So that means with only one TT25, the red wire should be on the outside?
Dangaras is offline Find More Posts by Dangaras
Old May 15, 2014, 11:11 PM
Joined Jun 2008
436 Posts
Andrew might chime in...but on the board there are actually small white "+" and "-" markings...so red on the "+" side. And I agree that the colour photos on the manual are a little hard to see too.
Old May 15, 2014, 11:23 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,859 Posts
Sorry for the late reply on that question. With one speaker, it does not really matter the orientation. When you have 2 speakers you want them to both have the same positive and negative. If for some reason you hook one up opposite of the other, you will get sound cancelation. All your lower tones go out the window, the overall volume drops, and it just sounds "strange".

Andrew
Site Sponsor
Old May 16, 2014, 04:43 AM
Joined Jun 2008
436 Posts
Andrew - any chance that you could have up-to-date manuals posted online? The small printed instructions (especially the photos) are fairly difficult for us older folks to read; and on matters regarding orientation, if you read your answer above, you could imagine that dumb non-electronic engineers such as myself could have very different interpretations on what you just said... (i.e. what does "both have the same positive and negative" mean? )
Old May 16, 2014, 08:15 AM
Dont be divided from the truth
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Mar 2010
3,206 Posts
Thanks....
Dangaras is offline Find More Posts by Dangaras
Old Jun 05, 2014, 12:14 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,859 Posts
New Product and New Service

Hello all!
I have an announcement about a new product at MrRCSound. This is something that many of you have been asking for, and I just did not have time to do myself!

Gun Lights!

The V4 and V4.1 sound cards have 2 built in LED outputs on board, that are synced with the gun sounds on the Aux.2 channel.

The new light sets are custom built for MrRCSound by our friends over at RC-Lighthouse. They are fully wired, and completely plug and play with the V4 and V4.1 sound boards. Just plug them in, trigger the gun sounds, and now you have the muzzle flashes to match!

Two different sets are available, a 6 LED set and an 8 LED set. The color is a "gun flash orange", and the LEDs are a high brightness, high viewing angle 5mm LED housed in a chrome LED holder for easy mounting. Since the LED holders are on the heavy side, they are easily removed by the end customer if so desired.

Set of 6 LEDs, 3 for each side: $23.99

Set of 8 LEDs, 4 for each side: $26.99

MVI 0758 (0 min 18 sec)

The second announcement is about our new RMA service. Occasionally I get back a board with a problem, or that was in a crash and needs repair. As some of you know, getting older sucks, and at times I forget who needed what. The RMA service will allow me to keep tabs on systems being serviced, and automatically notify the customer of updates. If you have problems with your product that cannot be rectified, and need to come in for repair or warranty, the new RMA service will help us both out.

The new RMA service page can be found here: http://mrrcsound.rmaportal.com/
Site Sponsor
Last edited by MrRCFlying; Jun 05, 2014 at 02:23 PM.
Old Jun 06, 2014, 11:26 AM
Joined Feb 2012
1,859 Posts
Bass Transducer

Introducing
Bass Transducer

Specifications:

2.25" round
1" thick
4.6oz.

Use:
Supplement the TT-25 transducers to increase the bass tones. Recommendations are to use in conjunction with one or more TT-25, not to be used alone. Because this transducer focuses on the lower tones, some of the nuances of the upper tones are lost. When used with at least one TT-25 the overall bass tones are increased, while still maintaining the nuances of the sound.

Output:
1m tests show nearly identical output to the TT-25, but may sound slightly less because of the lower tones. 50' test show a slight 1-3db drop in overall volume over the TT-25, but the overall tone is lower.

Price:
$24.99 each

Availability:
Pre-order will be available starting today. Shipping will begin next Friday 06/13/2014.
Site Sponsor