HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 26, 2012, 12:09 AM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,810 Posts
Discussion
New Project M 113

Well I have decided to scratch build an 113 troop carrier. I plan on useing my extra lepard chassic . just have to remove the deck and start building. So if any of you have any pictues or storys about them and would like to shear Please Do. THE Pictures could come in handy and I am sure the storys would be good. I will post picturs as I build . Starting soon.
Been doing some thinking about this parts tank and it will come in handy . As I am waiting on that tiger tank that I started working on a wile back. THEN started thinking on what to do next and Did some reseach and like what I saw and found out. Besides they will go with my RC landing crafts .
Been out of a project for a little wile. I did not know there were so many ways you could do one.
FROM what I have research it could be a neat tank . IT will be in 120th scale that is what the lepard is and yes RC . Would not have it any other way. ;-)
DON
Rustbucket is offline Find More Posts by Rustbucket
Last edited by Rustbucket; Dec 26, 2012 at 11:08 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 26, 2012, 10:55 AM
oh that guy
Joined Sep 2012
135 Posts
I can have you 1:1 pics of the M113A3 tomorrow. I have spent way too much time in them.
slim_chance is offline Find More Posts by slim_chance
Old Dec 26, 2012, 11:00 AM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,810 Posts
Merry xmas to ya . Slim
Thankyou that would help. I have this chassic that I want to build one out of.
I enjoy building things that are different in the modeling hobbies.
I take it you were Army or Marines ??
Thank you for your time and service.
Glad your safe
DON THE Portland Rustbucket
Last edited by Rustbucket; Dec 26, 2012 at 11:14 AM.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 11:16 AM
oh that guy
Joined Sep 2012
135 Posts
Actually im currently in the army. Happy xmas to you too
Old Dec 26, 2012, 11:20 AM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,810 Posts
small sample of my work

HEY SLim thought you might like to see a small sample of my work. YES the turret will rotate on the M 42. and the boom goes back and forth on the 88 everything was scratch from the chassics up . Both run nice. Thankyou for your offer. DON
Old Dec 26, 2012, 11:23 AM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,810 Posts
OK Stay safe thank you for your hard work and keeping all of us safe and free
.. I thought I would put a couple of pictures of my work on the board and share them with ya. YOUR wellcome to share them with your buddys if you would like Thank you DON
Old Dec 27, 2012, 11:11 AM
oh that guy
Joined Sep 2012
135 Posts
That is some awesome work there. I know another interesting project for you. Look up xm104 wolverine heavy assault bridge. I would build one but i dont have the skills.Here are the pics I promised. Let me know if you need anymore. And I might see what it would cost me for some work done by you in the future.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 05:47 PM
I meant to do that!
United States, IN, West Terre Haute
Joined Apr 2007
1,203 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slim_chance View Post
That is some awesome work there. I know another interesting project for you. Look up xm104 wolverine heavy assault bridge. I would build one but i dont have the skills.Here are the pics I promised. Let me know if you need anymore. And I might see what it would cost me for some work done by you in the future.
I was in 36th eng in '07 it was the last unit I was in before retire.
Oracus is offline Find More Posts by Oracus
Old Dec 27, 2012, 07:30 PM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,810 Posts
HEY SLIM I think those will do for now. Those are good . So what are you thinking about for a future project for ya ? I did check out that bridge tank ya it gives some second ideas. Thanks just what I wanted some more ideas;-)) IT could ber done. I am aglad you like the tanks that m 88 was my first try at tanks and the 42 was my second. ON thank you again. So get back to me on this future project your thinking and what size, Tanks are new to me so I am just aplying what I learn in scale ships to the tank builds . DON
Old Dec 27, 2012, 07:54 PM
oh that guy
Joined Sep 2012
135 Posts
I was thinking about a C.E.V. Combat engineer vehicle. Not sure what scale. One day im going to try to build an rc Husky. Main reason I mention the wolverine though is I have been on it since 06. I just would love to see a replica of one.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 09:14 PM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,810 Posts
cb equipment

OK Slim if this is what your talking about sorry looks like I have beat you on this one but not RC you would still be first . These are in 132nd. part kits part scratch but the one with the tank can be made into RC if I wanted to do it. IT was not hard to do at all. The cat took a little work for I use a MPC Kit and did some changing to make it into a WW-2. doser. Enjoy DON
Last edited by Rustbucket; Dec 28, 2012 at 11:00 AM.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 09:09 PM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,810 Posts
THE Begining. OF the M 113

OK I have the tank chassic wood pictures and glue and a good sight thanks to slim. SO it will be going to gether soon. Still not sure on class of this one it will be after I get the main body done. ;-)) DON
Old Dec 29, 2012, 09:42 AM
I meant to do that!
Joined Apr 2007
1,203 Posts
113's have the drive sprocket in the front with 5 roadwheel and a small idler wheel in the rear. A panzer III chassis might be a better platform for correctness. I drove 113's for close to 10 years and worked on most versions a2's, a3's and M577's
Old Dec 29, 2012, 09:47 AM
I meant to do that!
Joined Apr 2007
1,203 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slim_chance View Post
I was thinking about a C.E.V. Combat engineer vehicle. Not sure what scale. One day im going to try to build an rc Husky. Main reason I mention the wolverine though is I have been on it since 06. I just would love to see a replica of one.
For a non-functioning bridge I believe it would not be too hard for someone with skill. 1/16 you could buy a Hobby engine M1A1/A2 then remove the turret and install HL electronics. The wolverines were the reason I was sent to 36th ENG being a tank mech.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 05:47 PM
oh that guy
Joined Sep 2012
135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oracus View Post
For a non-functioning bridge I believe it would not be too hard for someone with skill. 1/16 you could buy a Hobby engine M1A1/A2 then remove the turret and install HL electronics. The wolverines were the reason I was sent to 36th ENG being a tank mech.
Do you remember ever meeting a skinny guy Spc. Logan.?