HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 10, 2011, 08:31 AM
Joined Sep 2002
1,043 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by udogigahertz View Post
1. No potentiometers, "hall sensors" instead (no wear out)

2. Shape of the radio

3. Extremely long working time with one battery-load

4. No plastic inside or outside, aluminium instead

5. Engineered and build in Europe

Udo
The radio looks retro. The batteries are made in China. Hall sensor servos are more important than hall sensor sticks. Although, hall sensor sticks might support are very small service department.
Pippin is offline Find More Posts by Pippin
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 17, 2011, 07:06 AM
United Kingdom, England, Lancs
Joined Apr 2005
563 Posts
new video of the Jeti Dc-16 programming menu
der neue Jeti Sender dc-16 (1 min 36 sec)
VinceHaworth is offline Find More Posts by VinceHaworth
Old Dec 17, 2011, 08:25 AM
The Fens, Britain
Joined Nov 2005
225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceHaworth View Post
new video of the Jeti Dc-16 programming menu
Interesting video, if a bit rushed.
No mention of the mixing system - something like Multiplex's would be nice.
Breezy is offline Find More Posts by Breezy
Old Dec 17, 2011, 08:33 AM
Joined Apr 2005
563 Posts
This is a google translation from hacker.de website of the text that accompanies the video;

JETI DC-16 remote control
-----------------------------

Our R & D department is thrilled. Uwe Neesen must keep his colleagues from the new Jeti transmitter. For several days our Jeti dc-16 samples are tested extensively through their paces with a variety of Fixed wing and Helicopters. "The menu navigation and setting are completely intuitive," Uwe raves, "Among us a little competition has broken out, it's about who has programmed a model ready to fly faster."

The Toy Fair in Nuremberg (Which is in February) presented dc-16 Jeti remote control. It is likely to be available from February 2012. The transmitter was eagerly awaited by this "State of the Art" appearance and the many innovative detail solutions and software, one of the highlights of the fair.

Besides the well-proven, reliable duplex transmission technology, the new 2.4 Ghz transmitter also matched with a comprehensive software and Telemetry package. The high-quality transmitter housing made of aluminum in combination with high-end electronic components, such as durable Hall sensors, ball-bearing stick units, the "dc-16" at a technical and visual treat.

The desk's transmitter is delivered as a set in a rugged aluminum case with charger, battery and radio transmitter.

The menu that is displayed on a single, centrally-mounted display can be configured by the pilots after their own desires.
This allows monitoring of pilots mostly used menu items are always displayed and accessed quickly.

There will be 10 adjustable flight conditions, which can be adjusted by the pilot as he chooses for its application.
(Eg, the different phases of flight when flying F3B-programmed in advance and can be switched on when needed).

The operating time is about 10hrs.

Of course, the extensive duplex Telemetry is an integral part of the "dc-16" , all telemetry modules can communicate directly with the "dc-16".
The station also allows the programming of the Jeti controller coming generations of the duplex telemetry.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 02:57 PM
Old man in Sweden
Torshälla Sweden
Joined Feb 2008
235 Posts
Pic´s from video, doesn´t look as only thumb will work on this?
HurriHeli is offline Find More Posts by HurriHeli
Old Dec 17, 2011, 04:44 PM
Happy on 72
USA, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Jul 2005
494 Posts
I'm looking forward to seeing this tx firsthand although I am not sure that I'd pay $1400 for one...who knows? I might.

Will there be a reseller in the U.S.?

Mike
mwhitman is offline Find More Posts by mwhitman
Old Dec 17, 2011, 06:59 PM
Suspended Account
M$ Security
Joined Jun 2010
728 Posts
the software looks very nice but for 1400 bucks I would get a second hand 14MZ with no doubt.
I wish a DC-8 for 400-500 bucks it would be a great deal for most people.
Mikarro is offline Find More Posts by Mikarro
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 18, 2011, 02:34 AM
Slovakia
Joined Apr 2005
3,386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikarro View Post
the software looks very nice but for 1400 bucks I would get a second hand 14MZ with no doubt.
I wish a DC-8 for 400-500 bucks it would be a great deal for most people.
Well, also old car has its charm but one may miss some technology advances...
- Computing more or less values, cost and saves nothing (notice that Duplex was 16-chanel from the very beginning). But the hardware would be the same, to stay at the top - so it would cost the same... dead way.
coro is offline Find More Posts by coro
Old Dec 18, 2011, 02:40 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,433 Posts
You must first prove that this radio brings something really new.
Also, new channels cost nothing to be added for digital. Nothing !
There are companies who bring new firmwares almost monthly, adding really new features not found at any other companies, and don't charge you any cent.
renatoa is online now Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Jan 03, 2012, 03:54 PM
USA, KY, Louisville
Joined Oct 2002
688 Posts
Don't really need a new TX entry but could use

A simple clip on telemetry that reports on board voltage...sort of like the Picolario does.

I was more than disappointed when the JR 11X didn't come with any on board voltage reporting. Sailplane guys have lost thousands of bucks in crashed planes due to running out of on board battery.

A cheap small tx module in the plane, and a beeper or display that warns the pilot is all that is needed. No cool gimmicks like speed or altitude, graphs or the like...just let us know on board voltage would be great.

I know Jeti's has had this, but it never showed up in the USA.

As far as I know...
you?
Gordy
Louisville Kentucky
COLD today
Gordysoar is offline Find More Posts by Gordysoar
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 03, 2012, 04:37 PM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
5,048 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordysoar View Post

I know Jeti's has had this, but it never showed up in the USA.

As far as I know...
you?
Gordy
Louisville Kentucky
COLD today
You can buy the Jeti module from quadrocopter.us. They also sell the receivers. If you go back a page they sell the Jeti box too.
http://shop.quadrocopter.us/Transmit..._c_14-2-0.html
Sid3ways is offline Find More Posts by Sid3ways
Old Jan 04, 2012, 03:57 PM
Old man in Sweden
Torshälla Sweden
Joined Feb 2008
235 Posts
Other look/ model

Jeti DS 16 looks better, pic
http://www.der-schweighofer.at/en/pr...x_2_4_ghz_jeti
HurriHeli is offline Find More Posts by HurriHeli
Old Jan 04, 2012, 06:07 PM
Joined Sep 2002
1,043 Posts
I do not know whether Jeti ever heard about the "blind fold cockpit check".
And why does the transmitter looks like if ergonomics is just some ugly word?
It's the 21st century and the Czechs reintroduce 70s Tx design to use. This is quite an astonishing approach and might turn a lot of people into customers.
Thanks for the pics anyway.
Pippin is offline Find More Posts by Pippin
Old Jan 04, 2012, 06:19 PM
f5b-uk
United Kingdom, Dorset
Joined May 2002
3,065 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pippin View Post
This is quite an astonishing approach and might turn a lot of people into customers.
I'm sure they will be over-joyed to turn people into customers!! (I'm sure you didn't mean what you typed)

As for looks...beauty is in the eye...as they say. I like the look of both Jeti transmitters. I don't like the look of the new JR 11X. I like the look of the Futaba FX-30. I don't like the look of the Hitec Aurora 9. And possibly the most hideous tx to be released soon is the new 10-ch Spektrum. But again, I fully accept that this is just my view.

Mike
Mike Seale is offline Find More Posts by Mike Seale
Old Jan 04, 2012, 06:45 PM
Joined Apr 2005
563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pippin View Post
I do not know whether Jeti ever heard about the "blind fold cockpit check".
And why does the transmitter looks like if ergonomics is just some ugly word?
It's the 21st century and the Czechs reintroduce 70s Tx design to use. This is quite an astonishing approach and might turn a lot of people into customers.
Thanks for the pics anyway.
There were no LCD screens on a 70's Tx, or USB sockets, model memory, digital trims, telemetry, hall effect stick pots, etc.

The typical 70's Tx came in a gulliotined, folded aluminium sheet case. Nothing like the new Jeti Tx's.