HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 12, 2010, 05:01 PM
Alicante, Espaņa
Joined Jun 2010
379 Posts
Discussion
New EPP FPV plane

There is a new plane from Marek a seller from Poland, designed specifically for FPV, that I bought and tested. Until now, I liked more than Skywalker (I have bought 3 Skywalker).
This is the link of the seller: http://abc-rc.pl/p/2/1573/model_ursu..._szybowce.html

and pictures of my construction posted at the Spanish FPV forum:

http://www.aeromodelismovirtual.com/...?t=7316&page=2

The plane is incredibly stable, faster than Skywalker, with lots of space and very good glide (maybe a little less than Skywalker)
catamar is offline Find More Posts by catamar
Last edited by catamar; Oct 12, 2010 at 05:39 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 12, 2010, 05:05 PM
Tesla's Workshop
USA, CA, Torrance
Joined Nov 2004
2,441 Posts
Wow... great construction photos!
workshop is offline Find More Posts by workshop
Old Oct 12, 2010, 05:08 PM
Joined Apr 2010
586 Posts
I hope it is not like the Trenerka from ABC rc. Because that was a big flop.
hugy is offline Find More Posts by hugy
Old Oct 12, 2010, 05:09 PM
Joined Dec 2005
1,815 Posts
Sure looks neat. Kinda blocky though.
BushmanLA is offline Find More Posts by BushmanLA
Old Oct 12, 2010, 05:10 PM
http://drone-pilot.blogspot.fr
Rhone Alps, France
Joined Aug 2008
2,540 Posts
If it's anything like the other kits from them, I won't be buying. You basically get a box of badly cut foam and no building instructions and you have to go out and source all the carbon fibre and ply and all the other bits needed to build it. When you have to do that much work, it's not a kit and you might as well just scratch build one yourself.
lovegroove is offline Find More Posts by lovegroove
Old Oct 12, 2010, 05:12 PM
Alicante, Espaņa
Joined Jun 2010
379 Posts
I never liked the Treneka, even before you all said it was not good. But this one is a very, very good plane, believe me. My partners at the field, who are very old at this hobby, said they really like this plane, more than the Skywalker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugy View Post
I hope it is not like the Trenerka from ABC rc. Because that was a big flop.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 05:16 PM
Kiwi in Germany
Germany
Joined Jun 2010
2,255 Posts
How much does that plane weigh, what power supply do you have in it, and how long does it last in the air with your setup?

Do you have any video of it flying?
whakahere is offline Find More Posts by whakahere
Old Oct 12, 2010, 05:16 PM
Alicante, Espaņa
Joined Jun 2010
379 Posts
No, everything is in the box, no need of looking for anything else. But yes, you have to build a lot. The instruction have been improved because of my insistence. He is making a manual in English (translating the original one). Also, in my thread at http://www.aeromodelismovirtual.com/...?t=7316&page=2 you can see almost steep by steep the construction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovegroove View Post
If it's anything like the other kits from them, I won't be buying. You basically get a box of badly cut foam and no building instructions and you have to go out and source all the carbon fibre and ply and all the other bits needed to build it. When you have to do that much work, it's not a kit and you might as well just scratch build one yourself.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 05:25 PM
Alicante, Espaņa
Joined Jun 2010
379 Posts
I finished two days ago, so, I haven't had time to make too many tests. I am using the same motor and propeller than the one I use in my skywalker: 3536 1100 rpm motor Turnigy, 10x5 propeller APC, 6 amp Nanotech Lipoly 11.1 volt, 40 amp Speed controller. In the air, taking off and landing 3-4 times while testing, for 40 min - 1 hour (Like with the Skywalker). The weight, in the seller page saids 1,6 kilogram with batery, motor and electronic. In my hand, a liitle more than the skywalker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whakahere View Post
How much does that plane weigh, what power supply do you have in it, and how long does it last in the air with your setup?

Do you have any video of it flying?
Last edited by catamar; Oct 12, 2010 at 06:36 PM.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 05:29 PM
Alicante, Espaņa
Joined Jun 2010
379 Posts
Yes, it's to help my partners at the forum to build theirs (and for this forum also). It was a hell for me to understand the manual in Polish. I don't want anybody else to suffer the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by workshop View Post
Wow... great construction photos!