Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 01, 2013, 04:17 PM
Wind you go around in circles
United States, FL, Middleburg
Joined Jan 2012
1,362 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxguy1000 View Post
Horizon Hobby... DUDES! Look at this truth!

A CX4 for ..."only $100 less then my Trex 450". Who the are you competing with???

This is true Sax, I think HH has lost there mind on this one! WS
Wind Spirit is offline Find More Posts by Wind Spirit
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2013, 04:28 PM
Heli's rule!
Midvale, Utah, USA
Joined Mar 2005
8,629 Posts
Guys, even a free t-rex 450 isnt going to do ANY good to the people this heli is geard toward, so the cost of this compared to that argument is moot. A complete newb who wants a coax from a reputable company (so they can get parts for it localy, and be confident they can get parts in a couple years still), and doesnt want to go UM because they want to fly outdoors... seems like a good deal for wha you get to me....
dacaur is offline Find More Posts by dacaur
Old Feb 01, 2013, 05:19 PM
St. Louis, Mo.
Joined Jun 2008
394 Posts
So when can we expect to see a mCX4?
rwek is offline Find More Posts by rwek
Old Feb 01, 2013, 05:38 PM
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
6,561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacaur View Post
Guys, even a free t-rex 450 isnt going to do ANY good to the people this heli is geard toward, so the cost of this compared to that argument is moot. A complete newb who wants a coax from a reputable company (so they can get parts for it localy, and be confident they can get parts in a couple years still), and doesnt want to go UM because they want to fly outdoors... seems like a good deal for wha you get to me....
so true
(the argument, not the price )
North_of_49 is offline Find More Posts by North_of_49
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 01, 2013, 05:39 PM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,817 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacaur View Post
Ah, we need the other side of the argument! Please, all those who think @ $230 for an RTF coaxial, please give us your comments. Compare these RTF street prices:
  • Blade CX2 $180
  • Blade SR $200
  • Blade SR 120 $160
  • Blade 300 X BNF $320
  • SR UH-1 Huey Gunship $230
  • Blade mCX2 RTF $120

What's even more crazy... You can still purchase the CX2 RTF/BNF, but not the CX3 which was supposed to be the big improvement.
Saxguy1000 is offline Find More Posts by Saxguy1000
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:36 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxguy1000 View Post
Ah, we need the other side of the argument! Please, all those who think @ $230 for an RTF coaxial, please give us your comments. Compare these RTF street prices:
  • Blade CX2 $180
  • Blade SR $200
  • Blade SR 120 $160
  • Blade 300 X BNF $320
  • SR UH-1 Huey Gunship $230
  • Blade mCX2 RTF $120

What's even more crazy... You can still purchase the CX2 RTF/BNF, but not the CX3 which was supposed to be the big improvement.
I think the price is outrageous..but , look when the MCPX came out..now you can get the BNF for $130, cheaper than the BNF Nano CPX.
Jake8131 is online now Find More Posts by Jake8131
Old Feb 03, 2013, 10:12 PM
Joined Jul 2005
78 Posts
For the people who have upgraded there 120's with Microheli and Rakon parts, are they worth the money for the upgrade and can you tell any difference in performance?
deafmusicman is online now Find More Posts by deafmusicman
Old Feb 03, 2013, 10:48 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
6,561 Posts
I think that gets asked here once a week or two

You'll probably find you answer going back within the last 5 or 10 pages and probably more than once.

I don't mean that to sound like I'm being a dick... just that you'll probably find your answer quicker than waiting for a reply. The most common answer is, with the exception of the odd part, don't waste your money.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 03, 2013, 11:59 PM
Heli's rule!
Midvale, Utah, USA
Joined Mar 2005
8,629 Posts
Just because some people break a certain part over and over and think an upgrade is worth the money, doesn't mean you will ever break that part.

for example.... some people complain on the nano cpx they break the skids over and over, yet I have never broken a set.... It all depends on how you fly vs how they fly....

If I break a part twice in a month, I will replace it with somethings stronger, otherwise, it stays stock.... (my helis are all stock....)
dacaur is offline Find More Posts by dacaur
Old Feb 04, 2013, 12:50 AM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
6,561 Posts
To add to what dacaur just said...

performance aside, buying aluminum parts for the purpose of strength can be more of a curse than anything... causing the thing it's attached to to break instead. Sometimes it's better to just let the cheap plastic part take the impact, get broken, and replace it.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 04, 2013, 04:08 AM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_of_49 View Post
To add to what dacaur just said...

performance aside, buying aluminum parts for the purpose of strength can be more of a curse than anything... causing the thing it's attached to to break instead. Sometimes it's better to just let the cheap plastic part take the impact, get broken, and replace it.
The only aftermarket part on my 120sr is the xtreme motor..and I got a good one.....everything else is stock...metal does bend and break and it is cheaper to replace plastic parts than metal ones...they look nice.....but....
Jake8131 is online now Find More Posts by Jake8131
Old Feb 04, 2013, 05:43 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,037 Posts
... and to all of the last few posts I have to say again: people only use a limited set of characteristics to judge metal parts by and often those are NOT the only ones, but this gets usually ignored in MOST discussions about metal parts.
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 04, 2013, 06:17 AM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
6,561 Posts
... which is why I prefaced my last post with "performance aside..."

I was discussing one specific aspect of why people buy them. I can't address performance because I can't speak first hand about that aspect. I can speak to the other though because I do know first hand that that's exactly what happens when you mix aluminum parts with plastic ones... not just on helis
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 04, 2013, 06:39 AM
Wind you go around in circles
United States, FL, Middleburg
Joined Jan 2012
1,362 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deafmusicman View Post
For the people who have upgraded there 120's with Microheli and Rakon parts, are they worth the money for the upgrade and can you tell any difference in performance?
As far as bling, I think everyone here would agree the look is great. I have a ton of upgrades. I love the way my bird looks and performes. As for difference in performance, many dont believe it is worth the money and some upgrades do nothing for performance. Again I am very happy with mine. I must say if you crash alot you will be better to stay stock. Two parts that will help in performance are the motor and swash, but there is nothing wrong with the stock ones. Hope this helps. WS
Wind Spirit is offline Find More Posts by Wind Spirit
Old Feb 04, 2013, 06:57 AM
United States, NC, Concord
Joined Jan 2013
440 Posts
I just got my new Spektrum DX6i and am setting it up for my Blade 120 SR. I thought I saw a setup list on here for this radio/helo combinatoin but can;t find it. Anyone have some starting setups for this combination? I am particularly stuck on the swashplate settings right now.
so far have gotten three flights in and it feels like a different helo with this radio. Far more stable but I need to liven it up a tick as the servo throw seems a bit low. I want to step cautiously here to find the right setup.
thintz is offline Find More Posts by thintz