SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 18, 2012, 05:31 AM
71% of the world is runway . .
Nederland, ZH, Oostvoorne
Joined Jun 2009
1,971 Posts
Hello Dennis ,

There is a very talented builder here in the Netherlands who is working on an scale edf beriev200 here is the link :

http://www.gradivarius.nl/

His site is worth checking out even if you cant read dutch , he has build several really nice scale models : lockeed C5 Galaxy and an Antonov 124-100 in 1:25 both edf powered.

http://www.gradivarius.nl/

Sorry Capt mike a bit off topic ( if you don't want it here i'll delete it ) :

Antonov 124 flying scale model (2 min 17 sec)
!

C5 Galaxy model 1:25 first flight (3 min 40 sec)

Greets,

Bart
Bart83 is offline Find More Posts by Bart83
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 18, 2012, 12:06 PM
Dresden, Germany, europe, planet earth
Joined Aug 2003
815 Posts
Hi,

CapMike,

I also would suggest making a Schneider plane.
I did several Schneider planes, some of my own design (savoia S.21, the real one, not Porco Rosso, Savoia S.65 in two sizes, Bernard HV-220 and -320), some in Kitform, like the no longer available GDH Curtiss R3C-2.

The most fun I ever had with model airplanes is with Schneider planes, as you can take them hard and fast, and even more fun is when you have some chaps around with the same "gap in their mind" to make a race. Here the 3S lipo class around 2-2,5kg seems to be the best compromise between having a plane that withstands the weather best and being economical (cheap hardware).

A Curtiss R3C would make sense (the GDH never flew off water), or a Supermarine Sea Lion flying boat.
If you are interested, I would be too. Please feel free to contact me

Regards,
Kuni
Kuni is online now Find More Posts by Kuni
Old Oct 18, 2012, 12:35 PM
Dresden, Germany, europe, planet earth
Joined Aug 2003
815 Posts
Here are some of my own designs:
Kuni is online now Find More Posts by Kuni
Old Oct 18, 2012, 12:43 PM
Joined Jun 2009
1,971 Posts
Founded Foamie Schneider Trophy Race シュナイダー カップ レース (7 min 16 sec)
Old Oct 28, 2012, 11:35 AM
Madison, WI
Joined Feb 2004
917 Posts
Zeke & Capt.Mike, I love the 96" Albatross, it's a beautiful design / build. But that's pretty big for my situation. If you could make it available in a 60"-72" range that's what I'd love to see and would purchase.
Fast Freddy is offline Find More Posts by Fast Freddy
Old Oct 29, 2012, 10:33 AM
Airplane crasher
USA, CT, Shelton
Joined Jan 2008
2,732 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Freddy View Post
Zeke & Capt.Mike, I love the 96" Albatross, it's a beautiful design / build. But that's pretty big for my situation. If you could make it available in a 60"-72" range that's what I'd love to see and would purchase.
Freddy the time investment we already have in the 96" was huge. To redesign for a smaller version would require us to invest just as much time. That being said it makes it difficult for us to do this for just a couple kits. I hope you can understand that.
CapMike is offline Find More Posts by CapMike
Old Oct 31, 2012, 10:14 PM
Madison, WI
Joined Feb 2004
917 Posts
Understood. Is the 96" Albatross kit ready for sale?
Fast Freddy is offline Find More Posts by Fast Freddy
Last edited by Fast Freddy; Oct 31, 2012 at 10:31 PM.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 10:46 PM
Webmaster, MMCNE
Acton, MA USA
Joined Feb 2000
629 Posts
How about a Supermarine Walrus, in about a 3-4 foot wingspan?

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...8Q9QEwAw&dur=0
RCBoater is offline Find More Posts by RCBoater
Old Oct 31, 2012, 11:38 PM
Airplane crasher
USA, CT, Shelton
Joined Jan 2008
2,732 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Freddy View Post
Understood. Is the 96" Albatross kit ready for sale?
The kit will be available as soon as we can work on the instructions manual. I am almost done with the illustrations for the Kingfisher and will begin on them soon
Old Nov 01, 2012, 08:47 AM
United Kingdom, England, Wigan
Joined Jul 2011
774 Posts
how about kitting a descent sized Catalina for 25-46 size brushless on 3-4s to keep the running gear costs low.
doing it as an amphibian with working retracts and tip floats would greatly broaden its appeal to include non water flyers... keep it light too
thinking 100" span or there abouts capable of breaking down to fit in a station wagon/estate car

David
how much is offline Find More Posts by how much
Old Nov 01, 2012, 12:46 PM
Joined Jun 2009
1,971 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by how much View Post
how about kitting a descent sized Catalina for 25-46 size brushless on 3-4s to keep the running gear costs low.
doing it as an amphibian with working retracts and tip floats would greatly broaden its appeal to include non water flyers... keep it light too
thinking 100" span or there abouts capable of breaking down to fit in a station wagon/estate car

David
or the Dornier Seastar amphibian , no worries about tip floats , and the original has turboprop engines zo the brushless outrunner sound is pretty scale

Cheers,

Bart
Old Nov 01, 2012, 03:04 PM
Airplane crasher
USA, CT, Shelton
Joined Jan 2008
2,732 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart83 View Post
or the Dornier Seastar amphibian , no worries about tip floats , and the original has turboprop engines zo the brushless outrunner sound is pretty scale

Cheers,

Bart
Bart while the SeaStar in an interesting plane the wing to fuselage struts for the average builder puts it beyound the easy build theory that Zeke and I embreace. don't get me wrong I do appreciate the look of the plane. Also another issue going against it is that though it is known in Europe it isn't well known here in the states.
RCBoater I see the same issue with the Walrus. Love the look of the plane but the interplane struts coupled with the engine pod on struts between both wings makes it in the same class.
Old Nov 01, 2012, 03:07 PM
Airplane crasher
USA, CT, Shelton
Joined Jan 2008
2,732 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by how much View Post

David
David the Cat has been thought about as well however there are anough available kits/ ARF/ and short kits/ plans available all the way up to 110".
Old Nov 01, 2012, 05:59 PM
Joined Jun 2009
1,971 Posts
Maybe this is somethin , a nice piece American history ,

or this nice seabee :

Already made a set of decals

Name: Seabee (2).jpg
Views: 44
Size: 30.3 KB
Description:

Name: Seabee 2.jpg
Views: 48
Size: 32.0 KB
Description:

Name: Seabee 3.jpg
Views: 45
Size: 34.3 KB
Description:

Name: Seabee 4 (2).jpg
Views: 40
Size: 30.7 KB
Description:

The seabee in a decent size like a wingspan of 65'' so that the retracs could work etc.

Hope you like my entries.

Cheers ,

Bart
Old Nov 11, 2012, 01:25 PM
Joined Nov 2007
113 Posts
Fairchild 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapMike View Post
Bart I like the Fairchild 91. That is a nice looking plane
I like so much this airplane. I built one but i want to build another one with size of 2 m.
Marek
marecisko is offline Find More Posts by marecisko