HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 29, 2011, 03:34 PM
Joined Dec 2005
1,820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by man2000me View Post
It seems your plane resonates at around 3 amps. You could try a different medium to buffer the vibrations or try different prop combo.
Yep. You seem to get the AHI wiggles between 1 and 3 Amps. Adding a little weight to the board should do it or a little cushioning between it and the airframe.
BushmanLA is offline Find More Posts by BushmanLA
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 29, 2011, 07:14 PM
The Flying Circus
Adelaide South Australia
Joined Sep 2007
4,030 Posts
HDOP is "horizontal dilution of position". It refers to a mathematical value that the GPS uses. The lower the number, the higher the precision of its home location. As more satellites are acquired, located, the number gets lower. Usually a setting below 1.30 is enough to set an accurate home position. This value is set in the menu.
A cold start can take a lot longer than after a restart. Also if your equipment is interfering with the GPS sensor, it will take a long time to get a low enough HDOP to set home.
Also relative positions of satellites in the sky can affect the time it takes.
Cheers
Frank
ommadawn is offline Find More Posts by ommadawn
Old Sep 30, 2011, 03:19 PM
Denmark, Capital Region of Denmark, Brøndbyvester
Joined Jun 2009
617 Posts
Thanks Ommadawn

I have not touch this HDOP setting in the menu - but I'll take a look at it.

When "Setting home" shows up on the screen, and it starts to count to 200 - what does this means ?
SpookiePower is online now Find More Posts by SpookiePower
Old Sep 30, 2011, 03:31 PM
Joined Dec 2005
1,820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpookiePower View Post
Thanks Ommadawn

I have not touch this HDOP setting in the menu - but I'll take a look at it.

When "Setting home" shows up on the screen, and it starts to count to 200 - what does this means ?
It doesn't lock on immediatly after the HDOP gets below the threshold value. It has to stay below for the 200 count.

This ensures that you don't get the wrong place set as home from a single quirky HDOP reading below the threshold.

Also, remember to do this with your RVOSD. Power it up, let it calibrate and lock. Then put it down and so that it is mostly level and not moving and restart it with the remote.

It has to warm up before it can do the best calibration possible and moving around you do when plugging in the battery can throw off the calibration a little, so a warm reset is always good to do.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 03:53 PM
Denmark, Capital Region of Denmark, Brøndbyvester
Joined Jun 2009
617 Posts
I'll try a warm reset next time. Thanks
SpookiePower is online now Find More Posts by SpookiePower
Old Sep 30, 2011, 06:10 PM
Village Idiot!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Apr 2011
1,932 Posts
Something funny happened yesertday, my OSD g5 seamed to get stuck in FBW. I could switch it on and off but could not get full controll. I have my gains turned down a little bit, and it took full stick movement to get it to come around to land. I will have to look more into this tomorrow.
ScooterInVegas is offline Find More Posts by ScooterInVegas
Old Sep 30, 2011, 07:11 PM
The Flying Circus
Adelaide South Australia
Joined Sep 2007
4,030 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterInVegas View Post
Something funny happened yesertday, my OSD g5 seamed to get stuck in FBW. I could switch it on and off but could not get full controll. I have my gains turned down a little bit, and it took full stick movement to get it to come around to land. I will have to look more into this tomorrow.
1000 posts. Congrats Scooter!
Old Oct 01, 2011, 01:17 AM
On a holiday?
Uppsala, Sweden
Joined Sep 2008
3,636 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BushmanLA View Post
Also, remember to do this with your RVOSD. Power it up, let it calibrate and lock. Then put it down and so that it is mostly level and not moving and restart it with the remote.

It has to warm up before it can do the best calibration possible and moving around you do when plugging in the battery can throw off the calibration a little, so a warm reset is always good to do.
I think this only applies to the IMU not the GPS, so you don't have to wait for a GPS lock before restart, just the sensor calibration.
boopidoo is online now Find More Posts by boopidoo
Old Oct 01, 2011, 03:11 AM
The Flying Circus
Adelaide South Australia
Joined Sep 2007
4,030 Posts
I think the idea is to let the device get up to normal operating temperature before resetting. This would probably take longer than the time it takes to calibrate. Anyhow its probably a good idea to reset just before you fly, as the timer will then indicate flight time, rather than total on time. This can be up to 10 mins for me as I firstly power the RVOSD, and allow it plenty of time to find itself and settle while everyting else is getting set up.
Old Oct 01, 2011, 04:55 AM
Joined Dec 2005
1,820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boopidoo View Post
I think this only applies to the IMU not the GPS, so you don't have to wait for a GPS lock before restart, just the sensor calibration.
Yeah, you don't have to wait for GPS lock. But since you have waited a min or two for it to warm up you might as well let it finish locking so that it will lock right back up on warm reset
Old Oct 01, 2011, 10:10 AM
Sarnia Ont. Canada
Joined Jul 2005
325 Posts
so if this needs to be warm to set

is it ever going to set on a cold winter day ?
mdw21 is offline Find More Posts by mdw21
Old Oct 01, 2011, 10:42 AM
Joined Dec 2005
1,820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdw21 View Post
so if this needs to be warm to set

is it ever going to set on a cold winter day ?

It isn't like that. It needs to temperature to be stabilized during the startup calibration to be the most accurate. Honestly, I'm not sure how much difference it makes, but I do it every time just to be sure.
Old Oct 01, 2011, 10:01 PM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jun 2006
2,954 Posts
Ok a question for everyone. I am going to be running a 2 battery set up in parallel (2 x 3S 2650mah to get 3S 5300mah). My question is, can I plug one battery in at a time, or do I have to connect the 2 batteries together first, and then plug that into the RVOSD current sensor. Would it make a difference to the OSD?

If I can plug on battery in at a time it will simplify my wiring, meaning I can eliminate one deans plug. Thanks guys...
Gree is offline Find More Posts by Gree
Old Oct 02, 2011, 02:46 AM
Registered Loon
South Africa, WC, Knysna
Joined May 2006
1,321 Posts
plugging in one at a time will be fine, just make sure they both at the same voltage before you do !
Blackrat is offline Find More Posts by Blackrat
Old Oct 02, 2011, 03:19 AM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jun 2006
2,954 Posts
Thanks Blackrat. That will make things easier, yes they will always be both 3S...
Gree is offline Find More Posts by Gree