HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 09, 2010, 12:41 PM
Tel Aviv-Yafo Sde Dov, Israel
Joined Apr 1999
1,877 Posts
Discussion
Dark ground / Bright sky - problem

Using the Sony Bloggie as my FPV camera. takes nice HD videos, however the picture seen through the video glasses is problematic. the ground is too dark, especially when facing the sun. If I point the nose of the plane down (so none of the sky can be seen), it gets bright and clear.

the camera have no changeble parameters. any solution ?
oded mazor is offline Find More Posts by oded mazor
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 09, 2010, 01:04 PM
Norge
Joined Feb 2009
437 Posts
Can you see the white nose of the plane? If that's the case you can paint the nose black.
Capy-Norway is offline Find More Posts by Capy-Norway
Old Oct 09, 2010, 01:41 PM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
11,038 Posts
Use a better FPV camera, the fact that the sky is very bright and the ground very dark is usually due to a poor camera that can not handle light differences. Turning the contrast DOWN on your goggles will also help some, but the best thing is to have a good camera that can handle light differences.

Mike
JettPilot is offline Find More Posts by JettPilot
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 09, 2010, 02:35 PM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
15,413 Posts
You are using the camera in a wrong mode, Webbie / Bloggie has no such behaviour usualy.
This movie is from a webbie, no dark ground.
http://exposureroom.com/members/rena...a695eb388f856/
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Oct 09, 2010, 02:55 PM
Tel Aviv-Yafo Sde Dov, Israel
Joined Apr 1999
1,877 Posts
The camera (Bloggie) have no different modes, only the default.

the recorded videos turn out quite well, however the in flight video through the camera's AV out is the one with the extremely dark ground.

the plane's nose is black and as mentioned if the problem can not be solved, I'll have to buy a dedicated FPV cam.
oded mazor is offline Find More Posts by oded mazor
Old Oct 09, 2010, 07:16 PM
Norway
Joined Feb 2010
602 Posts
You could consider trying camera filters. One option is a graduated filter, which is goes from dark on top to clear on the bottom. It would make the sky darker.

Another option is to use a polarized filter (polarizing filter). They often cut down the brightness of the sky.

I dabble in photography, but have no experience with trying to get small versions of these lens filters or cutting down regular size ones. I advise you google around for the terms.
meshyx is offline Find More Posts by meshyx