HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 03, 2010, 10:36 PM
"Add Lightness"..Colin Chapman
Keystone State, USA
Joined Jun 2007
1,170 Posts
A lot of people, myself included, like (-) negative expo when flying the
tiny Blade MSR, especially on the rudder to make it quicker.

That is one case where NEGATIVE expo actually helps.
I have never used any (-) expo on any of my micro planes.
Elisecat is online now Find More Posts by Elisecat
to remove ads between posts
Old May 04, 2010, 07:45 PM
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Jan 2010
3,037 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elisecat View Post
A lot of people, myself included, like (-) negative expo when flying the
tiny Blade MSR, especially on the rudder to make it quicker.

That is one case where NEGATIVE expo actually helps.
I have never used any (-) expo on any of my micro planes.
Ok, that makes some sense. Thanks! (I keep forgetting the DX6i was primarily designed for Heli flight!)

Another question. I tried to set the ailerons on my AR6200 without using Y harness (I think it was left on AIL, rt on AUX or the reverse...I looked in the DX6i manual.) I then set the mix for dual Aileron. When I bank the stick, both go up or both go down. I can't seem how to make it work as ailerons and and as Flaperons.

Did I miss a step? If so, it wasn't in the DX6i booklet.
restlessswind is offline Find More Posts by restlessswind
Old May 07, 2010, 10:57 AM
United States, GA, Thomasville
Joined Apr 2010
33 Posts
UPDATE:

With the changes recommended here I've been enjoying some incredible flying with my stock T-28. Got'er trimmed, flies dead level at 3/4 throttle. Now I'm getting crazy brave with stunts and inverted acrobats. Wow!

Thanks for the help.
AgonyOfDefeat is offline Find More Posts by AgonyOfDefeat
Old May 07, 2010, 11:14 AM
USA, WA, Port Angeles
Joined Nov 2009
812 Posts
AoD:
I hear a trip to your LHS in the future for T-28 parts. All kidding aside, it is a great plane to play with, and pretty stout, too. In your copious amounts of spare time, be sure to read that T-28 thread.(parkzone T-28 Trojan thread Part 2) It's got tons of upgrade and troubleshooting ideas in it for your enjoyment. Good luck, and welcome!
benski is offline Find More Posts by benski
Old May 07, 2010, 10:25 PM
Segelfliegen bedeutet Freiheit
Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Joined May 2010
1,083 Posts
Agony:

Fairly new myself! I have the DX6i and love it. I bought an ultraCub J3 PnP to learn the stix and motions before pairing with my Decathlon BL. both are 3 channel planes, so ailerons I don't have to worry about.

However, I thought I'd offer some suggestions, as I was able to trim the J3 cub to fly at 1/3 throttle level, and such...

Can you hand launch the trainer? If so, try this:

Adjust your elevator to be down slightly, if the plane tends to climb too fast. Once flying, start by getting as level as you can at ~50% throttle after take off. Do this in CALM wind, as you don't need any help with the plane jostling about. Take your throttle to 50%, and leave that stick. Work your rudder and elevator first, to trim to near level. If the plane rolls a bit, then touch the ailerons. you can tell whether the roll/yaw is rudder vs aileron by whether the plane rolls without much yaw [aileron], vs a sort of combined roll and yaw [rudder]. most RC new folks do not realize this, because they're not pilots [yet! ;-)]

I prefer to hand launch if possible the first flights, because you have enough to worry about with trim and if set wrong, you risk long or short TOs [latter = crash if stalled].

Having the plane flying from slightly up-level at 80%-100% throttle will tell a lot about the trim settings. The nice thing is you can idle out if you get worried, and focus on landing from a reduced altitude. You can then evaluate what stick positions were needed to correct, and then estimate these on the radio, and try again.

Good luck! These DX6is are nice radios...

Darren/SkyCadet
SkyCadet is offline Find More Posts by SkyCadet
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: New plane - Evader!!!
Old Jun 08, 2010, 06:54 PM
Joined Jun 2010
1 Posts
hey i just picked up the same setup

i couldn't get my DX6i to work with the Y harness so I disposed of it and set it up with the wing/tail mix. the thing that was pointed out before can be fixed easily enough, you just have to reverse the servo thats being annoying, just figure out which ones turning the wrong way.. IE one of them SHOULD be going up and one SHOULD be going down, figure out which one thinks its going the wrong way and reverse it in the setup menu im amazed how quiet the motor is in this thing. looking forwards to my maiden, gotta wait for the sun to come back out over the grey london skys....
Nistrum is offline Find More Posts by Nistrum
Old Jun 08, 2010, 07:06 PM
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Jan 2010
3,037 Posts
you don't want to wing-tail mix. I think one of your wing servos is in upside down. The wing servos should be positioned as so that they don't mirror each other using the Y-cable.
restlessswind is offline Find More Posts by restlessswind
Old Jun 09, 2010, 04:08 AM
United States, MI, Monroe
Joined Jun 2009
2,083 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgonyOfDefeat View Post
UPDATE:

With the changes recommended here I've been enjoying some incredible flying with my stock T-28. Got'er trimmed, flies dead level at 3/4 throttle. Now I'm getting crazy brave with stunts and inverted acrobats. Wow!

Thanks for the help.
Awsome plane isn't it AoD? Glad to hear you got it set OK. Don't get too crazy too soon though! Scratch that, Don't get too crazy too low, too soon!
Tony K is offline Find More Posts by Tony K
Old Mar 03, 2013, 11:01 PM
Joined Mar 2013
1 Posts
flying bad with sim

I have been flying with Pheonix sim and the T-28 Trojan for a couple of weeks. Thought I was getting pretty good but would still crash about 10% of the time (Not Good) If that had been for real I would have quit the hobby by now.
After seeing the setup for the DX6i and this plane, I flew 90 flights without a crash on the sim. I now feel confident that I can buy and fly the real thing
I have a trainer cord for the DX6i and a buddy that will help me out the 1st few flights (I didn't ask him about the settings DUH!!)
... .. Looking forward to getting outdoors
fiddlekrazy is offline Find More Posts by fiddlekrazy