SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 28, 2013, 06:45 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,747 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlejunkie View Post
Cheers mate the bikes are handling great i think the extra weight of the battery has helped my mates bikes suspension work better, he is getting better i think he needs to do more laps by himself so he can concentrate on the track & not racing me.

You have to give it to Vinnie though, even in an endo he is throwing heel clickers lol & i am not sure whether Deegan was trying to push the bike off him or trying to squash him some more.
Run him over while he's down lol.
chktm is offline Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Test video
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 28, 2013, 07:08 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,747 Posts
Quote:
Hi David, yes i am still using the 3,000/1.3 set up & hpi 30weight in both forks & steering damper.
Looks great on that rough rocky terrain. Surely gives it a great test. You can really see how bad the chop is in that vid .
chktm is offline Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Test video
Old Jan 28, 2013, 08:46 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,844 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm View Post
Looks great on that rough rocky terrain. Surely gives it a great test. You can really see how bad the chop is in that vid .
I love watching the slow mo stuff you can see stuff that you miss in full speed like the suspension working & i get a kick out of the rocks & dirt flying of the tyres.
The track is choppy there is an old tar road under it & lumps of it are coming through the dirt.
Throttlejunkie is online now Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:00 PM
Puerto Rico, Guayama, Guayama
Joined Jun 2006
1,463 Posts
Quote:
Yes mate Vinnie is starting to feel his age he had to have 2 hand transplants after the crash , Vinnie does not know yet that i have a new young Deegan coming.
I wish i hand 4 hands so i could do more camera work as i do enjoy using it & i love the slow mo close up stuff, an auto zooming camera is what we need
The nylon is 6mm mate same as me, everything i do to mine i have to do the same to his.
Chris,

What glue did you use to do the hand transplant?

David
davehour is offline Find More Posts by davehour
Last edited by davehour; Jan 29, 2013 at 12:09 PM.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:01 PM
Joined Jun 2006
1,463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimob23 View Post
Look up the spec on Loctite 660
Is a repair product and have used it to retain full size bearings that have locked and turned in the housings
Have used it on the small front wheel bearings with no problem and took up the gap
Has got a filler to bulk it up so better than retainer green
Has a longer cure time so easier to get every thing back and all lined up correctly
Removal is the normal applied heat where I have found a big soldering iron direct to the bearing is better than a hot air blower or flame as for full size bearings
Any Loctite product on non metal housings like the cover one they suggest a quick spray of 7649 activator first

Cheers Jim
Thanks for the information Jim .
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:05 PM
Joined Jun 2006
1,463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gurumods View Post
Relic,that 2 pc alum. wheelie bar looks tooo stiff.I think it will crack the chassis.Why dont you try what i did here in my video.It costs about $10 on ebay.Just search "mini revo wheelie bar" on ebay.It really does save the backflip 90% of the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3kuG...=results_video

I ended doing the gurumods' wheelie bar using the Revo 1/16 wheelie bar sold on ebay. I went ahead and replaced the 3/4" wheel to a 1" one because the plastic arms of the wheelie bar were touching the bitumen (as can be seen in the pictures), and to make the wheel dig less when running on grass. The part has to be modified to fit the 1" wheel. The 1" wheel bore is 3/32" while the 3/4" one is 1/16". The part uses a 1/16"roll pin to hold the 3/4" wheel. I used a 3/32" bushing made of 3/32" brass tubing to make off for that. One inch is the approximate wheel size Chris uses in his bike's wheelie bar, and definitely works very well.

David
Last edited by davehour; Jan 29, 2013 at 07:42 AM.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 06:36 PM
Norwich,UK
Joined Feb 2006
1,293 Posts
I don't know if I have just been lucky as I want to make the two bikes look slightly different to each other but the Deegan that came as a spare part has a plain black helmet.
Gaz-b is offline Find More Posts by Gaz-b
Old Jan 29, 2013, 09:37 PM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,907 Posts
Quote:
That sucks about your copter i take it they don't crash well, you will have to get your mate & his one, i hope you did not have your camera on it when it crashed.

My mates MM is stock 4200 with a 12t pinion mine is a tenshock 5200 12t pinion.
Tenshock 5200 you say?? Thats why yours seems to pull away and keep pulling away!! They are about $70 at Redstarhobbies, does that sound about right?

Well, the GoPro2 did end up in the bottom of the pool, but the good folks there fished it out before i got there. I took out the battery straight away and when i got home I soaked it in contact cleaner and let it evaporate away then had it in rice for 3 days. This morning I decided to give it a try and lo and behold it bloody well survived!!!! That contact cleaner dilutes any left over water and it just flushes away pretty quickly, then the rice being a desicant, absorbed any left over moisture!! The microphone doesnt work but that was my own fault for being heavy handed when i opened the case. A little soldering job and it should be good to go!!!

As for the quad, it ended up having 2 broken arms and all 4 carbon fibre props busted too. For the sheer velocity that thing gained before it hit the shed im so surprised at the lack of major damage!! The camera gimbal i found in the backyard where the quad was too and it had a servo horn that controls the pitch of the camera platform broken and thats it!! You would think that it said "nope, im not hitting that shed so Im just going to get off here"!! LOL

I got away from that one ever so lucky, i couldnt even imagine how I'd feel if it hit someone!! I have liabilty insurance for my toys but if it hurt or worse killed someone i would never forgive myself. Thats the last time that thing gets flown in suburbia!
Teamsherman is online now Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:00 PM
At peace with his albatross
United States, CA, Vacaville
Joined Oct 2003
2,298 Posts
Here is a video of Chip getting epic big air and my awesome piloting skills!

Note: No epic big air or awesome piloting skills are shown in this video however the camera dose eventually fall off of the aircraft.

RC dirtbike and Quadcopter Smacks (3 min 56 sec)
wannabe is offline Find More Posts by wannabe
Old Jan 30, 2013, 02:59 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,844 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsherman View Post
Tenshock 5200 you say?? Thats why yours seems to pull away and keep pulling away!! They are about $70 at Redstarhobbies, does that sound about right?

Well, the GoPro2 did end up in the bottom of the pool, but the good folks there fished it out before i got there. I took out the battery straight away and when i got home I soaked it in contact cleaner and let it evaporate away then had it in rice for 3 days. This morning I decided to give it a try and lo and behold it bloody well survived!!!! That contact cleaner dilutes any left over water and it just flushes away pretty quickly, then the rice being a desicant, absorbed any left over moisture!! The microphone doesnt work but that was my own fault for being heavy handed when i opened the case. A little soldering job and it should be good to go!!!

As for the quad, it ended up having 2 broken arms and all 4 carbon fibre props busted too. For the sheer velocity that thing gained before it hit the shed im so surprised at the lack of major damage!! The camera gimbal i found in the backyard where the quad was too and it had a servo horn that controls the pitch of the camera platform broken and thats it!! You would think that it said "nope, im not hitting that shed so Im just going to get off here"!! LOL

I got away from that one ever so lucky, i couldnt even imagine how I'd feel if it hit someone!! I have liabilty insurance for my toys but if it hurt or worse killed someone i would never forgive myself. Thats the last time that thing gets flown in suburbia!
Redstar sell the tenshock 5200 cheaper on ebay mate http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Tenshock-...item2578767dd8
They recommend to run a 120amp esc with it, i am using a hobbyking 100amp sensored or sensorless esc as i had it already & it works great barely gets warm & it is smaller than the venom esc.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 05:58 AM
Joined Jun 2006
1,463 Posts
Quote:
Redstar sell the tenshock 5200 cheaper on ebay mate http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Tenshock-...item2578767dd8
They recommend to run a 120amp esc with it, i am using a hobbyking 100amp sensored or sensorless esc as i had it already & it works great barely gets warm & it is smaller than the venom esc.
TJ,

What kind of rear protection do you have in the bike? I see you aren't using the stock wheelie bar wire.

David
Old Jan 30, 2013, 06:48 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,844 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davehour View Post
TJ,

What kind of rear protection do you have in the bike? I see you aren't using the stock wheelie bar wire.

David
I just used hpi savage monster truck upper arms i had in stock & made up this contraption as i got sick of having to bend the wire back into shape after an endo or a good crash, & i learned from bashing my trucks plastic is lighter & flexes to absorb impact & then flexes back to it's shape where metal bends & stays bent.
I had the wheel mounted underneath at first but moved it to the top where it works better.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 07:36 AM
Joined Jun 2006
1,463 Posts
Quote:
I just used hpi savage monster truck upper arms i had in stock & made up this contraption as i got sick of having to bend the wire back into shape after an endo or a good crash, & i learned from bashing my trucks plastic is lighter & flexes to absorb impact & then flexes back to it's shape where metal bends & stays bent.
I had the wheel mounted underneath at first but moved it to the top where it works better.
That's a great idea, thanks for posting it.

David
Old Jan 30, 2013, 08:14 AM
United Kingdom, England, Ware
Joined Aug 2012
169 Posts
I got away from that one ever so lucky, i couldnt even imagine how I'd feel if it hit someone!! I have liabilty insurance for my toys but if it hurt or worse killed someone i would never forgive myself. Thats the last time that thing gets flown in suburbia![/QUOTE]

Main interest is the bikes but also dabble with a quad .
The attached my be of interest following your incident
Many public parks etc have total ban on any form of flight even down to rubber powered fixed wing

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...bers-rise.html Sorry should have checked 1st but link appears to be no longer available
In a nutshell flying quads is to attract the need for a licence .They are yet to define size and height level

Cheers Jim
Jimob23 is offline Find More Posts by Jimob23
Last edited by Jimob23; Jan 30, 2013 at 08:20 AM.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 08:32 PM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,907 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimob23 View Post
Main interest is the bikes but also dabble with a quad .
The attached my be of interest following your incident
Many public parks etc have total ban on any form of flight even down to rubber powered fixed wing

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...bers-rise.html Sorry should have checked 1st but link appears to be no longer available
In a nutshell flying quads is to attract the need for a licence .They are yet to define size and height level

Cheers Jim[/QUOTE]

Things are very different here in Aus. At the current time there's not many parks you can't fly in, so long as the aircraft is deemed as a "park flyer" under a certain weight, wattage and wingspan". Our usual flying site is a huge couple of fields and we have councils permission to fly there, and a few of us hold keys to access the site. Another place we fly is a huge turf farm on the outskirts of the city and there also we have permission from the land owner to fly there.

I usually only fly above my backyard so I'm over my own property so if it did fail it would come down on my pool blanket or garage roof, but this incident wouldn't let me ditch on my property and it hurtled across the back fences of mine and the surrounding properties. Very lucky indeed and I won't risk that again. If ghd sunset is spectacular I'll take it to my local field.
Teamsherman is online now Find More Posts by Teamsherman