Discussion
picture become darker & darker

I have a problem with my FPV setup:
- VTx 1.2GHZ
- two VRx's (Lawmate & chinese)
- eagle tree diversity
- stansrad 3dbi antennas
- FPV platform : Twinstar & Quad

first ten minutes of flight are perfect but after that the picture through one of the VRx's (chinese one) becomes very dark, almost too dark to see.
It's not interference just a dark picture.

If I unplug the system and re-plug it problem persist, but next day of FPV flying everything is perfect (great picture) and ten minutes or so after take off, picture becomes dark again and so on...

any ideas ?
oded mazor is offline Find More Posts by oded mazor
Last edited by oded mazor; Apr 21, 2012 at 02:46 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 21, 2012, 04:45 PM
Canada, AB, Jasper
Joined Feb 2007
474 Posts
Whats the voltage before the camera go'es dark and whats it when it dark ?
I had a bad battery once and it showed 12.4 volts charged, then one cell would drain off very fast. The camera would go dark then black. just a thought
zooman is offline Find More Posts by zooman
Old Apr 22, 2012, 09:30 AM
Engineer for Christ
Amherst, VA
Joined Jun 2006
10,603 Posts
This happened to me when my OSD began to overheat. It might be the case that your transmitter or camera is overheating.

-Alex
IBCrazy is offline Find More Posts by IBCrazy
Old Apr 22, 2012, 02:18 PM
Tel Aviv-Yafo Sde Dov, Israel
Joined Apr 1999
1,877 Posts
the strange thing is that the secend VRx is producing a perfectly bright picture. only one of the VRx's is becoming dark for some reason. even if I change batteries to a freshly charged one, problem persist.
oded mazor is offline Find More Posts by oded mazor
Old Apr 22, 2012, 03:43 PM
AMA 937634
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Jan 2010
1,652 Posts
Do you have your EagleEyes set up for diversity?

Does this occur on one antenna and not the other?

I've got an EagleEyes set up on 900MHz and with a patch and a omni with an omni on my plane and I can see that on the video that one antenna always looks more yellow than the other. No idea as to why this is happening but it does. Weird.

-Mike
Stone1295 is offline Find More Posts by Stone1295