HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 31, 2011, 02:54 PM
"Chuck Yeager"
Bradenton FL
Joined Apr 2010
842 Posts
Discussion
trex 700e 3g flips on its own at full collective !!!!!!!! Please help

ok guys so I have my new 700e 3g flying and wow am i impressed BUT I have one issue. when I go to full positive collective the heli does a backwards flip even if I am in fast forward flight and I want more speed I point the nose down even more as i give it more and more collective until all of a sudden I get to a point where she just dose a back flip .

Any ideas ?

Thanks
hotdog1 is offline Find More Posts by hotdog1
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 31, 2011, 02:57 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined May 2008
2,574 Posts
When you set up the heli, did you check to see the swash was level at all collective stick positions? Is the elevator servo traveling more than the others?
Druss is offline Find More Posts by Druss
Old Oct 31, 2011, 05:53 PM
Denver, CO
Joined Dec 2005
6,211 Posts
I would also guess the servo travel is not correct. Check for binding. If its not binding you probably need to go back through the 3G setup.
Roto Rob is offline Find More Posts by Roto Rob
Old Oct 31, 2011, 05:54 PM
1.21 Gigawatts!
Irvine, CA, USA
Joined Oct 2000
7,347 Posts
Agree with the above suggestions.
Steph280 is offline Find More Posts by Steph280
Old Nov 01, 2011, 07:39 AM
"Chuck Yeager"
Bradenton FL
Joined Apr 2010
842 Posts
ok I will check these things today
Old Nov 02, 2011, 01:34 PM
"Chuck Yeager"
Bradenton FL
Joined Apr 2010
842 Posts
ok just checked and everything looks fine here is a vid do you guys see anything i am missing
trex 700e 3g head (0 min 30 sec)
Old Nov 02, 2011, 02:01 PM
Fremont, CA
Joined Jul 2007
250 Posts
One thing you can do is removing the main and tail blades. Spool it up and do the same things that causes the problem. Observe the swash to see what kinda movement it's making.
whto is offline Find More Posts by whto
Old Nov 02, 2011, 02:33 PM
CP heli ≠ 3D heli
United States, NJ, Point Pleasant Beach
Joined Mar 2009
1,674 Posts
How fast are you flying? Helicopter's speed is inherently limited due to differential lift. Symptom: pitch instability.
Gedexas is offline Find More Posts by Gedexas
Old Nov 02, 2011, 02:52 PM
"Chuck Yeager"
Bradenton FL
Joined Apr 2010
842 Posts
this will happen at any speed even from a hover
Old Nov 02, 2011, 02:59 PM
CP heli ≠ 3D heli
Joined Mar 2009
1,674 Posts
What FBL unit do you use? Maybe double check setup? Also, servos may bind under load and not bind when on the ground if their gears are bent, of course this applies to MG servos and not plastic.

You could try weighing it down and giving full throttle with the blades attached and everything, keep an eye on the swash, I bet it will tilt.
Old Nov 02, 2011, 03:45 PM
Fremont, CA
Joined Jul 2007
250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gedexas View Post
What FBL unit do you use? Maybe double check setup? Also, servos may bind under load and not bind when on the ground if their gears are bent, of course this applies to MG servos and not plastic.

You could try weighing it down and giving full throttle with the blades attached and everything, keep an eye on the swash, I bet it will tilt.
Are you sure you want him to weight down a 700 size heli and give full collective to check the swash movement?

I wouldn't do that with my 450 size heli. When I run into the similar problem, I'll check it without blades. At least that's how I trouble shoot with my beastx.
Old Nov 02, 2011, 03:49 PM
CP heli ≠ 3D heli
Joined Mar 2009
1,674 Posts
I believe I do want him to do that. There is a certain amount of weight that even a 700 won't lift. I would to that myself and I believe it can be done safely. It's certainly safer than letting it fly in this condition.
Old Nov 02, 2011, 05:11 PM
Fremont, CA
Joined Jul 2007
250 Posts
Iím not familiar with 3G, so my suggestion is for general FBL unit setup. Since your heli is flying fine except when in full collective, Iím not sure if itís because of vibe. However, it is still a good practice to make sure that thereís no excessive vibe. Too much vibe will confuse the FBL unit. If youíre sure thereís no vibe, then go through the setup process again, as suggested by Roto Rob. You can probably get more help from here, a lot more traffic: http://www.helifreak.com/forumdisplay.php?f=222
Old Nov 02, 2011, 06:56 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2011
190 Posts
This same thing happened to me last week and nearly hit me. Another foot to the right and i'd of been chinless. I nearly soiled myself.

Mine is also a FBL, albeit only a Walkera v400d02. Mine did it from an hover though, and I think one of my servos was defective as the v400 is renowned for it.

Before I fire Her up again, i've ordered some new metal gear servos and have arranged to meet some experts at a local flying club whom said they will set it up and teach me to fly FOC.
Purple Aki is offline Find More Posts by Purple Aki
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 02, 2011, 07:54 PM
Joined Dec 2007
6,520 Posts
I don't think you will be able to simulate this issue with the heli secured to anything. It's FBL setup and the FBL unit must be in the air in order to take over and behave normally. There is no telling what it it will do locked down and even it did do something strange, you can't be certain it's not just coming from the fact you aren't in the air flying normally.
Xrayted is offline Find More Posts by Xrayted